Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Help A Needy Family In Your Little Way - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Needy Family In Your Little Way (693 Views)

4 Generations Of A Family In One Picture / How Many Children Do You Think Is Ideal For A Family In This Current Economy? / Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Needy Family In Your Little Way by cdoffx(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
I really don't know where to post this nor the title to give it but i felt every one of us should read this and decided to post it here after getting permission from the original writer.

[b] Irony of life!!! The rich getting richer n the poor getting poorer.
Most times when we walk into big malls, boutiques, supermarkets, we never question their prices. We pay exactly what we see on the price tags and even hand out tips to the staff.
But the moment we are out of these shops and want to buy banana, our bargaining game gets off to the roof. Poor widow with 12 hungry children at home tells you banana is N100. She even takes out her time to explain how difficult it was for her to even buy it, how the economy is so tough.
But we insist that if it's not N50, we are not paying. Some of us even step back into our cars and make to drive away. But because 'half bread is better than 'chin chin', this woman is forced to call you back and sell to you at little or no gain. In her heart, she cries, she's worried about how she'll survive with her children. She silently reassures herself that 'It's well.
God will definitely provide.'' While you happily chop the luscious banana. Take some seconds out and think about this, guys. Please don't bargain hard with small vendors like this. They do business not to buy designer bags, Gucci shoes but to LIVE and EAT!!!
We're all guilty at one point or the other but we can always change our mindset towards these people that seem poor but hardworking.

Signed
EGBETOLA Lekan,
Head of Operation
@ E. O Real Estate Consult. [/b]

Since its like topics that now makes FP whether meaningful or meaningless do have some moderator's name quoted. I think this topic really deserves FP more than many on the FP so i am calling attention of lalasticlala to this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help A Needy Family In Your Little Way by ladyF(f): 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
A poor widow with 12 children?
Instead of buying banana, someone should educate her on family planning.

1 Like

Re: Help A Needy Family In Your Little Way by cdoffx(m): 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
ladyF:
A poor widow with 12 children?
Instead of buying banana, someone should educate her on family planning.

Lolz a widow once had husband who probably provided for the need of the family until his demise.
Re: Help A Needy Family In Your Little Way by Dexmars(m): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
You have point.
Re: Help A Needy Family In Your Little Way by cdoffx(m): 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
i was expecting NL mod to push this on fp or does it not worth seeing by millions
Re: Help A Needy Family In Your Little Way by enoqueen: 1:24am On Aug 01, 2015
Hmmmm!

This really touch my soul.

I need to stop the act. cry

1 Like

Re: Help A Needy Family In Your Little Way by cdoffx(m): 8:31am On Aug 06, 2015
enoqueen:
Hmmmm!

This really touch my soul.

I need to stop the act. cry
i was almost moved to tears when i first read it as i tried picturing the scenario and the kind of thought of dejection and sorrow within the mind of the victim of circumstance

(1) (Reply)

What Is Going On Here? / Dad Lets Daughter Drowned Rather Than Being Rescued / Etiguette: ATM Manners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.