Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:30 AM

Deliverance From Pits And Habits - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deliverance From Pits And Habits (429 Views)

Is There Any Way To Get Rid Of Spiritual Wife Apart From Deliverance? / . / Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Deliverance From Pits And Habits by jayloyexten(m): 8:04am On Jul 31, 2015
Deliverance from Pits and Habits
SCRIPTURE: Psalm 40
DATE: Friday, July 31, 2015

There are two places of adversity a man may find himself; the pit of troubles, and the miry clay of habitual affliction.

The latter is worst because in it there is a fluctuation, there are mixed blessings. While you fell free today, tomorrow you feel bound, and it continues in a frustrating manner. In the former, it is just a pit, you never come out, it looks like the miracle will never happen.

Now I am talking about Christians who pray every day, who love God, who have faith, yet, there is no change. I bring you word from the most high, if only you will open your heart this morning to receive, you will never be the same again.

Psalm 40:1, if you are to read it from behind, you will see that David was in great affliction, but suddenly, he found joy, how did he do it? He said “I waited patiently for the Lord” God is Lord, and he works at his will and on his terms not ours.

Waiting on God here means waiting in prayer. We storm heaven’s door every morning, asking for deliverance, and in 10, 30 minutes or one hour we are out. And we come back tomorrow and do the same, and we are so much in a hurry to leave his presence, we schedule our miracles by ourselves out of our lives.

But the word of God says we will find God when we seek him with all our heart. The reason why your problems and horrible habits still remain is because it has not received the sustained assault of prayer.

When you are desperate you don’t go into the prayer room looking at your wrist watch, you fling it till kingdom comes. It is business, it is Jacobs’s prayer, Lord I am going nowhere until you speak to me, and until you hear his voice you do not leave. Even if it takes days!

The prayer most people pray today is vitamin prayer, not deliverance prayer. The prayer of deliverance is a prayer of desperation. I tell you, God will not tarry for long, when you are in the prayer of desperation. So are you ready to lock up yourself, if not you are not ready for deliverance!

But I know you would, after that, you need to sustain your miracle. This is sustained by consistency. An everyday with the Lord, a secret place with the most high. This leaves the signature of his glory upon our spirits, and from here is true spiritual power.

SELAH: I know you ASKED God, but did you SEEK?

The Pilot Devotionals
(thepilotdevotionals@gmail.com)

(1) (Reply)

As Good As His Words Psalm 119:153-160 / ' / T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.