Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) (17827 Views)

MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others / Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon / Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2015
iamnemo:
OK. So he just sells one crate abi? If he is able to supply a 1000 in a month how much be that? The question you should ask him is how much is he willing to move around. You have to stay hungry bro. I supply to 3 hotels I make 100 on each crate. 250 per week for each hotel. Thats 750 in a week. Now multiply that by 100.
And I have not included other people I supply too.
But hey ! what do I know?

How often do you supply hotels?It's not a everyday supply.Hotels don't request for more than a crate or two because eggs quickly get spoilt when store for more than 3 days.It's not hygienic to serve a guest omelets that is not fresh.I have worked in a hotel before.Moreso,when you calculate tf and other expenses,what is left?
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by ExInferis(m): 11:42am On Jul 31, 2015
sammyj:
cheesy When Nigerians are not patronizing their mobile product this is expected to happen.!!! cheesy shocked grin

Haba!

Microsoft is moving towards a cloud service model where their apps are subscription based. Windows 10 is free because Microsoft is evolving the os to windows-as-a-service to join Office 365, Windows Azure, Onedrive etc. They want to model the Google approach with android, Chrome OS, and Google apps.

There will be less emphasis on building phone hardware and more in selling services, so the workforce had to be trimmed. Annd it affects the MS global workforce, not just in nigeria.

Hope this puts things in context.
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by EbiJUNIRO(m): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2015
iamnemo:
OK. So he just sells one crate abi? If he is able to supply a 1000 in a month how much be that? The question you should ask him is how much is he willing to move around. You have to stay hungry bro. I supply to 3 hotels I make 100 on each crate. 250 per week for each hotel. Thats 750 in a week. Now multiply that by 100.
And I have not included other people I supply too.
But hey ! what do I know?

This is kinda cool wen u r linked to a hotel or even a bakery... Bt one gasto b diligent coz If U supply 100 a month, dat will nt b interesting u kn grin
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by Greatzeus(m): 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
Atleast they got a job in a reputable firm for a while,some of their course mates are probably still searching or being under employed, that's not the end of life,keep on keep keeping on
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by iamnemo(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
The hotels I supply to request for eggs every week. On a bad week 100 or 150. Lol a crate or two ke Eggs can be stored in a cool room temperature for more than three days. That's why I said look for demand first so as not to tie down your capital. Anyways, Its lucrative for me. I also supply to bakeries, fast food .Its about volume the same cost to transport just one crate is the same as transporting a 1000 crates. Just cause it doesn't work for him doesn't mean its not a good business. I am not saying its easy. I know how many times I have been rejected. I have people that I supply just 10 to. I understand that if you don't have a market its hard. So its really about volume.
For people in and around abuja. I'm more than willing to make the delivery for you.I will sell it to you at N720 per crate minimum of 20 crates. Just get the market first.
otunsman:
How often do you supply hotels?It's not a everyday supply.Hotels don't request for more than a crate or two because eggs quickly get spoilt when store for more than 3 days.It's not hygienic to serve a guest omelets that is not fresh.I have worked in a hotel before.Moreso,when you calculate tf and other expenses,what is left?
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by venus080(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2015
chuzydon:
Too bad, see the reason why everyone must acquire a skill to be self sufficient and also try to invest as much as possible when high on cash instead of buying new cars and clothes to show off and taking random girls on expensive dates
. I couldn't agree more......spot on
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by easyelliot(m): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
The remaining 6 will work their a.s.s. off
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
nawa o
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by Gab27: 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sai Baba! where are dey? do something now.
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by babafunny(m): 5:27am On Mar 16, 2016
Microsoft Office Publisher helps users to create professional postcards, newsletters, creating of leaflets, e-mail for a newsletter, greeting cards and...
http://www.techvaid.com/microsoft-office-publisher-download-now-free/
Re: Microsoft Nigeria Sacks 34 Workers In Phone Division (Out of 40) by Syphonn(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
How to become a successful Photographer

Most people want to become a successful photographer but they don’t know where to start from. Some people just believe that when they become a photographer, they will start making money immediately. Photography is a creative career pursuit, and is like other art forms, the attraction lies not in making money but in a person’s passion for it. But the great thing about an artistic discipline like photography is that there are ways to become a very great successful photographer.

Follow the link below for more on this, and also subscribe to our mailing list for subsequent articles

READ MORE: http://www.busygisting.com/how-to-become-a-successful-photographer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NEMA Sacks Over 42 Workers After Denying Them 1-year Salary / Was I Wrong? / Top 5 Ways To Help Build Up Your Self Respect At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.