Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Insecurity: IGP Orders Clampdown On Unregistered Vehicles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Insecurity: IGP Orders Clampdown On Unregistered Vehicles (582 Views)

Innoson Motors Reacts To IGP Filing N2.4bn Shipping Fraud Against Innoson Motors / 11 Die, 8 Injured In Ondo Auto Crash (pictured Of The Vehicles) / Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: IGP Orders Clampdown On Unregistered Vehicles by Zeusd3(m): 9:10am On Jul 31, 2015
As part of measures to boost security in the nation’s federal capital territory, Abuja, the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, has ordered clampdown on all unregistered vehicles in the territory. The order will take effect two weeks from today. Addressing national and state executives of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW, yesterday, in Abuja, Arase said the prevalence of unregistered vehicles in the FCT has become worrisome. “I am giving a grace of two weeks. After two weeks we will start clamping down on all vehicles that ply FCT roads without proper registration,” he said. The IGP also solicited the support of the union in policing the country, saying the police alone cannot be everywhere all the time. “We require the partnership and cooperation of Nigerians and the body that has that extensive reach is the NURTW. I urge you all, especially state executives to ensure that your members register their vehicles and renew their particulars as at when due. “In abuja we have a very serious challenge. There are so many taxis. There must be a way that we can ascertain those vehicles that are registered with your union; either you paint them in a particular colour or you give them stickers for easy identification,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: IGP Orders Clampdown On Unregistered Vehicles by Busuyib(f): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
I think they should warn the agbero now because the rate they embarass the civillians is just too much,,u might park your car and suddenly agbero have deflated your tyre witout proper investigation whether you are a cab man or private,,they should educate and train them i dont like when those tout called agbero embarass people

(1) (Reply)

Research: The Use Of Palm Oil As Fuel (Video) / This Is The Answer To My Earlier Question / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.