Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

5 Things You Should Know Before You Write Your Degree Exams!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Things You Should Know Before You Write Your Degree Exams!!! (721 Views)

10-Hour Lecture In Engineering Course In AKSU Ahead Of Degree Exams / 10 Hour Lecture In Engineering Course Ahead Of Degree Exams (photos) / Burn Survivor Celebrates The End Of Her Degree Exams (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Should Know Before You Write Your Degree Exams!!! by Rapmoney(m): 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sitting for your degree exams, as a university student/undergraduate, surely marks the end of one era in your life but most importantly, you should not forget that it also marks the beginning of another era in your life.

If you are a bonafide candidate for graduation (if you have not been having academic issues as regards your courses), there are certain things that you should know before sitting for your degree exams! If you are the type that have not braced yourself up for the challenges that might come after graduation, it means you are indirectly hanging your life on 'luck' and 'unforseen favour'. My brothers and sisters, success in life is more than luck or favour. I know luck or favour happens but don't be the fool that would hang his or her life on that!!! wink. Below are 5 things you shoud be aware of and brace yourself up before you leave the four walls of the Ivory Tower! :

1) #Money will no longer come from parents and family members as before#: You should know this! In school, your parents/guardians/siblings send you money for accomodation, tuition fees, feeding, books, transportation and even pocket money! After graduation, all these would come to a halt. If you have been the foolish type that have been seeing a good deal of money and have not been saving up, the few months after graduation might turn out to be somewhat difficult! Just imagine how it would sound for you to go to your parents and ask them for money to cut your hair!!! A mere 200 Naira!!! So start saving now!!!

2) #Relationships outside campus is very different from what you have been used to#: Has anyone noticed this? Especially, the graduates? When still in school, there's a high possibility for you to meet a nice God-fearing girl from a good home who fits into what you have always dreamt of as a wife material! Isn't it? Just wait till you graduate and see if it is still an easy thing for you to have such a wonderful fellow as a girlfriend cheesy. The truth is that the campus is a place where you have young men and women and most of these people have not actually gotten enough experience to handle the ups and downs in life...they fall in and out of love unpredictably and oftentimes, in a laughable way cheesy When you are in school, your girlfriend might not mind you smoking because her childishness would make her see you as a 'bad boy' or 'happening guy'...but not when you are out of campus; outside the campus, a lady would easily take you for an irresponsible fellow or an addict!!! You need to brace up yourself for relationship issues grin

3) #Your campus relationship might soon come to an end#: You can call me a prophet of doom but I don't even care! All I am telling you is for you to brace yourself up for this. There are so many factors that are eagerly waiting to tear your campus relationship to shreds of which you are much ignorant of. Distance, financial constraints, career commitments, NYSC and emotional maturity are some of the factors. If you are a guy and have graduated, say in 2008, find out those people you knew back then that were dating in school and see how many of them got married to each other wink You would surely be surprised! cheesy

4) #Without a reasonable skill, life might be more stressful#: It is no longer news that the number of graduates in Nigeria surpasses the number of graduate jobs in Nigeria by a 'zillion' times grin If you have not mastered a reasonable skill, life could be more difficult compared to what you thought. After my secondary education, my mum took me to one of my uncle who owned a mechanic workshop for training. Then, I would 'take cover' whenever I saw my former classmates passing by because I was ashamed. I was trained for 2 years in auto mechanics before I gained admission to the university and it helped me a lot even while in school!!! I was also into music in school and was a regular visitor to major studios in Enugu; doing advert jingles and back-up cheesy. Today, I don't even need my certificate to earn a living. Brothers and sisters, what skill have you mastered? Can you drive? Do you repair electronics or phones? Are you versed in interior decorations and cake making? Event management or event planning? You shouldn't just sit there to read and write exams! Your skill can give you what that cert would not give you in 7 years time!!!

5) #You must help yourself first#: Imagine this...if someone falls into a pit and another person decides to help him out by throwing a rope into the pit for him to hold, how would he be saved if he folds his hands inside the pit, refusing to hold the rope? That's the case. You must know this and brace yourself up for it!!! People will promise you before graduation but brothers and sisters, it takes only the grace of Oluwa o! Don't depend on people too much. If help comes your way, fine! You must not hang your hopes on people's promises because as they say, promises are like pies, they are made to be broken!!! That your uncle working in Chevron or Shell may die, retire, get sacked or incapacitated before you take your degree exams!!! Be wise!!!

I wish everyone a happy weekend ahead!!! Good evening!!!

Kelvin Ukachukwu (Rapmoney) writes in from Warri.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Write Your Degree Exams!!! by OmaBliss: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
[size=15pt]Point Noted!

Nice one..
[/size]
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Write Your Degree Exams!!! by Rapmoney(m): 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
OmaBliss:
[size=15pt]Point Noted!

Nice one..
[/size]
Thanks! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Write Your Degree Exams!!! by SirLegal(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good one bro.

As for your number one, Taking money from Parents. Even as a penultimate Undergraduate, I have been sole responsible for my upkeep. I believe in been independent/depending on myself. And that is why today, my Parents give me great respect for that. Unlike my other sibilings, i don't ask for money from parents.

Your 2nd & 3rd point is right on track. Research has it that 90% of r/ships in school end at the school gate. As you are graduating, its like you are practically starting a new life.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Write Your Degree Exams!!! by Rapmoney(m): 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2015
SirLegal:
Good one bro.

As for your number one, Taking money from Parents. Even as a penultimate Undergraduate, I have been sole responsible for my upkeep. I believe in been independent/depending on myself. And that is why today, my Parents give me great respect for that. Unlike my other sibilings, i don't ask for money from parents.

Your 2nd & 3rd point is right on track. Research has it that 90% of r/ships in school end at the school gate. As you are graduating, its like you are practically starting a new life.
True talk there bro!
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Write Your Degree Exams!!! by Rapmoney(m): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
olawalebabs, Richiez and Fynestboi, can u peeps help me take this to fp? I'm trying to pass a message.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Write Your Degree Exams!!! by ennon92(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
Insightful!...these mods shouldn't be told b4 doing the right thing. If it were to be D'banj's goatie or Toto Dike's cleavages , it would have been frontpaged by now.

(1) (Reply)

Imt Enugu 2015/2016 Post Utme Form Is Out, Call 08160546035 / Free Project Topics And Materials / Futo Post Utme Results For 2015/2016 Are Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.