Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University (43368 Views)

Cute Mother Of Twins Studying For Her Exams (Photos) / Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) / 10 Pictures Only Nigerian University Students Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Calbarian(m): 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
shynrichies:

you can lie bro, ain't u not scorting with a friend, your accommodation fee is not up to that smiley

you can lie bro, ain't u not scorting with a friend, your accommodation fee is not up to that......oke odo things

SQUATTING/SCORTING
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by frrank(m): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
The list cannot be complete without the following:
1. Acceptance fee (year 1)
2. Departmental dues (each semester)
3. Project fee (final year students)
4. Amount spent on research papers e.g seminar papers, term papers, assigments
5. Cost of Notebook, pen for writing, drawing materials, etc
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by ugoezeik(m): 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
onuwaje:
My four yrs in uniport (2010-2014)
Sch fees -136,800
House rent- 480,000

Can't fix an amt on trans tho.

But thank God am out
aus rent big pas skul fee. poracut na anoda tin in terms of aus

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by tk4rd: 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
That is N380,060.00 excluding food and other miscellenous expenses... Ok naa.. We thank God.. That means, e no even reach N500k..
Yet, Unizik engineering graduates full every company sef dey make noise as if dey spent more dan a million while training in school
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by BeloHorizonte14: 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
magicminister:

Its a need blind university..
My brother is currently schooling in MIT on full scholarship!!..
Use ya head!
Need blind ke? MIT is a private school.

Abeg Magicminister,how is that possible and hope you are not trying to minister some magic oh?
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
Excelgalaxy:
Transport is more than school fees in FUTO

Ah swear.
Dats y students became experts at trekking. Leggedese Benz can take u anywhere
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by donifez(m): 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
Make i no quote my own, I no know where to start.

Popsi dey try wella.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by InvertedHammer: 5:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
/
Private university in Nigeria is the biggest scam of the century.

It is worthless.
\
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by magicminister: 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
Need blind ke? MIT is a private school.

Abeg Magicminister,how is that possible and hope you are not trying to minister some magic oh?

You really need to make more research.
Honestly, i don't think you can make MIT because its a school for people that believe in making the impossible become possible.
You have already blamed your failure to apply to MIT on your financial woes and that alone is a sign you are not an MIT candidate.
All the same, i will advise you.

First step: Make atleast a 3.8-5.0 undergraduate GPA

MAKE ATLEAST AN 8.0-9.0 on your ielts and a 330 and above on your g.r.e

If you have already done that, then email me on ICEVILLEBEATZ@GMAIL.COM and i will finish this post!

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by RobinHez(m): 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
Calbarian:

You can afford a degree at MIT but you can't afford equivalent of $4000 (annually) at CU. You'd like to run another program in CU (your dream school) after leaving MIT?

Am I the only one baffled by this?
U got it all mixed up man...

If I were to have the opportunity to school abroad..I'd go to MIT, for Naija...I'd go to CU...

#still an aspirant
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
magicminister:

Honestly, i don't think you can make MIT because its a school for people that believe in making the impossible become possible.
You have already blamed your failure to apply to MIT on your financial woes and that alone is a sign you are not an MIT candidate.

If you have already done that, then email me on ICEVILLEBEATZ@GMAIL.COM and i will finish this post!

I don't think a 3.8 will be sufficient anything less than a 4.5, he shouldn't even bother. I wrote a mail to university of michigan, one of the best engineering schools in the world, told them I will be graduating with a second class upper in marine engineering and would like to do a masters in naval architecture my supposed gpa was 3.0 on 4.0, the guys told me the minimum they accept is 3.5 and while they consider lower than that, it will be really hard for me to be admitted, am going to third year though, just completed second year.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by magicminister: 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
tensazangetsu:
I don't think a 3.8 will be sufficient anything less than a 4.5, he shouldn't even bother. I wrote a mail to university of michigan, one of the best engineering schools in the world, told them I will be graduating with a second class upper in marine engineering and would like to do a masters in naval architecture my supposed gpa was 3.0 on 4.0, the guys told me the minimum they accept is 3.5 and while they consider lower than that, it will be really hard for me to be admitted, am going to third year though, just completed second year.

a 3.8 with a solid background can nail it.
My brother didn't make up to 4.0 and his is currently in MIT now.
Schools have they average cut off but every case is considered on an individual basis.
Besides, Texas A & M is the best engineering school in the world.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by tabisegroup(m): 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
formula89:
Sorting:350,000 Partying:250,000 Fuel:250,000 Data:400,000
grin
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
magicminister:

Schools have they average cut off but every case is considered on an individual basis.
Yeah I know about texas A and M but they don't offer a masters program in marine engineering or naval architecture. I wanna go deeper into it and am not going below the top 30 schools in the world. Ranking really matters to me. Are you really sure about your bro being in MIT, does that mean if I have really high GRE scores, i could get into umich
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by BeloHorizonte14: 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
magicminister:

In as much i would love to study in MIT,i am not sure that will be possible going by the admission requirements because i didn't graduate with a GPA of 3.80-5.00.

So just like you said, i won't be able to make it.

Atleast i learnt something from you.
Thanks.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Khutie: 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
Excelgalaxy:
grin
Excelgalaxy:

I doubt yhu not bruh

1 Like

Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
magicminister:

https://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2014/subject-ranking/engineering-and-IT#/sort/0/direction/asc.
That's the ranking for engineering schools worldwide can't find texas A and M there.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by RobinHez(m): 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
feran15:

i mean cu aspirants thread.
Yeah..I visited once grin
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by nnachukz(m): 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
the same unizik electrical engineering. house rent alone cost me N625,000. at 125,000 per section.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by rabbuy(m): 7:06pm On Aug 01, 2015
formula89:
Sorting:350,000
Partying:250,000
Fuel:250,000
Data:400,000

When you father is otedolas general manger
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by magicminister: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
tensazangetsu:
Yeah I know about texas A and M but they don't offer a masters program in marine engineering or naval architecture. I wanna go deeper into it and am not going below the top 30 schools in the world. Ranking really matters to me. Are you really sure about your bro being in MIT, does that mean if I have really high GRE scores, i could get into umich

It goes beyond the grade scores. Good grade score is a plus but what of your personal statements.
What of past achievements and experiences. Those things also counts
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
magicminister:

It goes beyond the grade scores. Good grade score is a plus but what of your personal statements.
What of past achievements and experiences. Those things also counts
well for past achievements they aren't really much aside being among the best in ssce results in my school. My name being on number 6 on the schools merit list before I stopped to do marine engineering and doing my internship in one of the biggest engineering firms in the country.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by magicminister: 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
tensazangetsu:
well for past achievements they aren't really much aside being among the best in ssce results in my school. My name being on number 6 on the schools merit list before I stopped to do marine engineering and doing my internship in one of the biggest engineering firms in the country.

A decent profile but might not cut it.
You dont have cognate experience in the field?
If you do, tell them about it....
How your life influences has shaped u up into becoming a marine engineer and why MIT?
Often times, you are given an essay topic to write on and then you also get to write ur own freestyle.
After writing, check and cross checj grammticall errors with professional agencies. Could cost as much as 1000 dollars so be prepared,

Give it a shot... also, try ucla
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
magicminister:

A decent profile but might not cut it.
You dont have cognate experience in the field?
If you do, tell them about it....
How your life influences has shaped u up into becoming a marine engineer and why MIT?
Often times, you are given an essay topic to write on and then you also get to write ur own freestyle.
After writing, check and cross checj grammticall errors with professional agencies. Could cost as much as 1000 dollars so be prepared,

Give it a shot... also, try ucla
Am not really going after MIT, they don't offer any related programs to my field but wanna try umich and some other asian universities.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by ManTiger(m): 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
Mine in OAU not up to 30k without accommodation. cheesy
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by musicwriter(m): 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
feran15:
cry my 100lvl fees has already over shadowed his entire 5 years... i think my parents would deserve more than a thumbs up

Already surpassed,

already bigger,

already larger.

I'll favor any of the above.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by feran15(m): 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
musicwriter:

Already surpassed,
already bigger,
already larger.
I'll favor any of the above.

eh?
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Dunno if this is the right way to estimate how much I spent in school, but I was a recipient of some scholarships that ran into a huge seven digit figure, paid to me yearly over a six year period in school, because I studied medicine... but it all finished in school. Don't even add the monthly allowance from home. You'll collapse.grin
sir which school is that?
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by mentorandfriend(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
kingcity:
sir which school is that?
NAU.
My point though is that school fees and house rent are not enough to estimate the total cost of education.
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
mentorandfriend:
NAU.
My point though is that school fees and house rent are not enough to estimate the total cost of education.
NAU is nnamdi azikwe university, ryt ?
Re: See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University by Bleszin(f): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
wait till OOUites tell you their stories

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? / Bamidele Impeached As NANS President Over $200K Embezzlement Scandal / Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.