Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,496 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

What If You Never Got Admitted Into The Higher Institution? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What If You Never Got Admitted Into The Higher Institution? (554 Views)

Nina Uziogwe Admitted Into 7 Ivy League Universities (photo) / 13 Things You Should Know How To Do Before You Go To Higher Institution / Basic Skills You Must Learn Now Before Going To Any Higher Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If You Never Got Admitted Into The Higher Institution? by stylot(m): 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
Sometimes i wonder, "why am i in my present situation and why are others in theirs too? What if i hadn't done some things in the past could my present be better off, or could it have worsen than this? ". This thought inspires me to conclude: "we are all a product of our past and a manufacturer of our future "- Wale Olagunju (my quote). In an instance (for you to be in my school of thought), take a flash back to your secondary school days and imagine "what could i have become, if my my dream of being in an higher institution never came through? ". To give you a clue, look around you and observe your immediate environment, see what some of your mates that you both had that dream but couldn't fulfill theirs had become. Is their present better off or worst than yours? I put it to you: what could you have become and what are those key decisions and steps that you took in the past which gave birth to your present?
Re: What If You Never Got Admitted Into The Higher Institution? by donbrowser(m): 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
Work
Re: What If You Never Got Admitted Into The Higher Institution? by ojun50(m): 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
Learn a trade in four years time u because yr own boss
Re: What If You Never Got Admitted Into The Higher Institution? by bare1(m): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
Honestly, I can't say much about the higher institution. As a matter of fact if I could do things differently, I wouldn't have bothered going at all. Considering that many come out to find jobs that have entirely nothing to do with their course of study, it seems like a total waste of those 4 or more years spent cramming so many words. Fortunately, my kids won't tread this same path, as I doubt that I shall expose them to the conventional educational system of today's society.

1 Like

Re: What If You Never Got Admitted Into The Higher Institution? by ksbusari(m): 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
I could av gone for a four year Aluminium work training. Most friends and other close relatives who r nt priviledged to get admission r nw successful in thier choice of trade while i am still climbing d ladder of success.

(1) (Reply)

(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Diploma/ Direct-entry & PGD Form Is Still On. (0 8146470619) / Futo, Part-time Form 2015/2016 Is Still Online. School Contact / Funny Recent Jamb Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.