Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,751 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do (44462 Views)

I Have #32,000. Which Awesome Smartphone Can I Buy? / 5 Interesting Things That Happen When You Abandon Social Media / Whatsapp And Wikipedia: Do You Know Your Whatsapp Can do This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
ihatebuhari:
redbenson redbenson redbenson
Why shouting my name?
Abeg answer my question. Is that for real or Aba made?
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Phatbutty: 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
jephri:
I hate when people ask for likes on their comments, like if you agree
lol, wetin u con do
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by yomisco4love(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
So fantastic........ Great job So fantastic........ Great job So fantastic........ Great job
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by DaBullIT(m): 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
jephri:

Goat grin grin
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Adesiji77: 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
Evathyst:
I opened the thread hoping to see how my phone can be used to download a plate of hot fufu & egusi soup.

Dream on! cheesy
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by bjt(m): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
What of Microsoft Lumia? Abi Lumia no be smartphone
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by masties2(f): 8:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
OP. Thanks o. I just did the screen shots and it worked! Yay!, dancing shakitibobo cheesy
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Lexusgs430: 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
austineaddy:
h

How can u get a screenshot wit ur BlackBerry phone?

Screenshot was not the issue, the issue was opportunity to still receive phone calls or sms, while ringer is turned off.
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Lexusgs430: 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
masties2:
OP. Thanks o. I just did the screen shots and it worked! Yay!, dancing shakitibobo cheesy

Do you want us dancing shakitibobo together?

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by STEVENcrack(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
Is blackbErry not a smart phone.
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by DanielGb(m): 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
jephri:

Its not funny. Your post just simply means, you are disloyal. I fear for who go marry U.
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by DanielGb(m): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2015
D34lw4p:
6. Customize Alert Vibration Patterns

You've set a custom ringtone for each of your contacts, but that doesn't help when you have your phone on vibrate. Fortunately, you can create custom vibration patterns as well.

-iPhone
Go to Settings>>Sounds>>Ringtone>>Vibration. You can tap out patterns to record. Or, you can go into your contacts list and hit Edit and select the Vibration option for each contact.

-Android
Go to Contacts and tap on a contact name. Under Vibration Pattern, tap Default and choose a preset pattern. Or tap the Create button and tap on the screen to create your own pattern.

If you don't have this built in, there are third-party apps like Vybethat can do this as well.

7. Flash camera LED for notifications

Need a quiet alert about notifications and don't want to use vibrate? Have notifications trigger your phone's LED camera flash instead. Just make sure you turn this off or keep your phone hidden when you go to the movies.

-iPhone
Go to Settings>>General>> Accessibility and turn on "LED Flash for Alerts." Now every time you get a notification, your phone's rear camera will flash.

-Android
Go to Settings>>Accessibility and turn on "Flash notification."

8. Better ways to take pictures
Tapping your phone's screen to take a picture sounds good in theory, but in practice it can make shots a little shaky. Here are some better options.

-iPhone
Point your camera and press the phone’s Volume Up button.

-Android
Open the camera app and tap the gear to see the settings. Scroll down to Voice control and turn it on. Now you can take pictures with the commands "Capture," "Shoot," "Smile" and "Cheese."

9. Take multiple pictures at once
If you're taking pictures of a moving object, squirming kid or people who tend to blink, you often want to take a bunch of pictures at once.

iPhone 5, 5s, and 5c
Open the Camera app. Tap and hold the shutter release button on the screen – or press and hold the Volume Up button – and the camera will start taking multiple pictures. Release the button when you want to stop.

The iPhones can take up to 10 pictures a second. It will group the photos for you automatically so you can quickly find the best ones.

-Android
Open the Camera app. Tap the gear icon to open the settings and turn Burst Shot on. Then tap and hold the shutter release button and the phone will take multiple images until you release the button – or it hits the preset limit for your phone. The photos will be grouped for you in your gallery.

10. Turn off music automatically
A lot of people use their phone to listen to music as they go to sleep, or as they're doing a project. But you don't want it running forever and draining your battery.

-iPhone
Go to the Clock app and click on "Timer," then "When Timer Ends." From here, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen and select "Stop Playing."

-Android
Open the music player and go to Settings. Look for "Music auto off" and set it to however long you want the music to play. There are also third-party apps like Sleep Timeravailable.

Hope You Find It Interesting!!!

http://www.nct.com.ng

Its okay. I have use many of this. #Nothing Knew.
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
DanielGb:

Its not funny. Your post just simply means, you are disloyal. I fear for who go marry U.

Ok
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Slo01(m): 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Wow! Tried it now N it works
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by saintandsinnerz: 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
joystickextendr:
Noted... Thanks

Meanwhile do u want to know how u can enlarge your joystick and stop premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature

Please can you show me your joystick so that I know what I'm buying. If you don't mind
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by meemeee: 11:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
ok.thanks
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Tofenof(f): 12:47am On Aug 02, 2015
Pls how do I block calls on BlackBerry Z3?
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Lexusgs430: 2:50am On Aug 02, 2015
Tofenof:
Pls how do I block calls on BlackBerry Z3?

Download a call blocking app.
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Lexusgs430: 2:52am On Aug 02, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

Please can you show me your joystick so that I know what I'm buying. If you don't mind

True o. Pesin wey wan dash us cloth, we need to see the one wey hin dey wear!!!
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by comfortergirl(f): 6:51am On Aug 02, 2015
Tanc
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by emitheo(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
MUTE
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Temilaty(f): 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thanks for sharing,av always wanted to download pictures on IG now I know how to do it easily
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by D34lw4p(m): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
Temilaty:
Thanks for sharing,av always wanted to download pictures on IG now I know how to do it easily

Thanks feel free to joins our forum click Here
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by D34lw4p(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by D34lw4p(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
masties2:

If You Find The Post Helpful Click Here To Join Our Forum
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
candidbabe:
Hmmmmm

Plz sister, I urgently and sincerely need to talk to you offline... Kindly reply my PM or send me one...thanks and God bless...
Re: Some Interesting Things You Don't Know Your Smartphone Can Do by Donphilly(m): 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
Really Informative

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. / Download Free Polyphonic Ringtones To Your Phone / iPhone X On Sale As Thousands Queue Around The World For Days To Buy(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.