Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,002 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Emeka Ike’s Divorce Mess: Wife Officially Files Divorce Suit - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Emeka Ike’s Divorce Mess: Wife Officially Files Divorce Suit (681 Views)

Emeka Ike Celebrates His 50th Birthday With New Photos / Emeka Ike's Divorce Takes A Dramatic Turn As New Revelations Are Made / Emeka Ike's Divorce Mess: He Deflowered Me, But I Don't Want Him Again - Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emeka Ike’s Divorce Mess: Wife Officially Files Divorce Suit by Franchise21(m): 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
Actor Emeka Ike and his wife Emma who have been married for over twelve years are officially getting a divorce.

When the news broke that his wife had filled a divorse suit against Emeka Ike on allegation of domestic violence, the actor denied the allegations saying that he had not received any divorce notice.

“As I’m talking to you now, I have not received any divorce notice. Nothing like that happened. I have not received any letter from anybody. I am a Christian, we don’t divorce,” he said earlier.

Barely a week after his claim, the case came before a Lagos Island customary court where his wife’s petition for dissolution of their marriage was heard. Though Emeka was not in court but his counsel was and so was Emma and her counsel.

In his presentation, Emeka’s counsel prayed the court to adjourn the case for the next hearing to six months, citing possibility of settlement between the couple before then.

“My client is ill but I will try my possible best to ensure that he comes on the next adjourned date. We indulge the court to give us six months from this day to see if there is possibility of settlement between the couple,” he said.

In her response, Emma said six months was too long, adding that the respondent had two years to reconcile with her but didn’t.

“The last time I wanted to speak with our children, it was my mother-in-law who picked the call and asked if I had read Exodus 21 which says that if I go, I shouldn’t return,” she said.

Subsequently, the court president held that only two weeks can be granted and thereafter August 12, 2015 was fixed as next hearing date.

https://www.naij.com/504920-emeka-ikes-divorce-mess-wife-officially-files-divorce-suit.html
Re: Emeka Ike’s Divorce Mess: Wife Officially Files Divorce Suit by ladyF(f): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
Eeyah

Whatever happened to for better for worse. Is the kids iI pity...
Re: Emeka Ike’s Divorce Mess: Wife Officially Files Divorce Suit by Mbkite(m): 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
Chai
Re: Emeka Ike’s Divorce Mess: Wife Officially Files Divorce Suit by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
Please notify me

(1) (Reply)

Davido Showers Daughter / Comedian AY Makun Buys 2014 Mercedes Benz G-wagon To Mark 36th Birthday - Photos / So Distasteful.. Would You Seriously Consider Eating From These Women’s Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.