Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:19 AM

Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? (47739 Views)

Its Mango Season (see The Wonderful Reasons Why You Need A Mango Everyday) / Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread / Easiest Way To Remove Protective Slimy 'mucus' From The Skin Of Catfish. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by mohawkchic(f): 3:19am On Sep 08, 2009
SeanT21:

I can not believe people don't eat the skin of the mango. I feel so~~~STRANGE!!

~ cheesy. . .Aaaw! Dont feel strange about your prefrence. . . . tongue
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by CrazyMan(m): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2009
Yea why not?

Or do you want my money to be wasted?
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Oluschenco(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2009
I heard from an elderly person that the skin is good for malaria if chewed together. But not always because there will be a little difference between man and goat
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Dclique(m): 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2009
Lol,,
@topic, only the green ones,when its yellow i don't.
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Konadub: 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2009
I always get a rash on my lips from eating the skin of mangoes.
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by firestar(f): 7:53am On Dec 25, 2009
Yes. We have two varieties at home. My favourite - in red-green and peach is under siege. . .

Culprit: A nimble white 'n' brown pesky nitwit of a primate which enjoys jumping onto our roof--by dawn-- and on my BELOVED Cherry mango tree and wastes her by stripping!

Say. . . does anyone knows where I can a tranquillizer gun?
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by coolier(f): 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2009
Yes. And I love mangoes.
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by chiogo(f): 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2009
I love love love mangoes especially naija ones - kerosene mango or something like that.

Yes, I eat the skin off the yellow ones but the kerosene mango with green skin even when ripe, I don't eat the skin but the juice tastes so good.
Hmm, I'm craving for one right now. cry
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by mamagee3(f): 9:41pm On Dec 26, 2009
Who eats the peels of a fruit? shocked shocked
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by tomX1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2009
Aside from the fact that mango skin does taste good to some people (myself included), the green skin of unripe mangoes helps to relax the muscles around the anal cavity and softens excrement. You will find this as an almost instant remedy when you have to deal with a situation such as when a child has difficulty passing stool (due to prolonged absence from the toilet or from eating too much junk food with no fibre or roughage).
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Basildon1(m): 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
@ topic, JAMB question
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2011
Love it but only when ripe

not a fan of green/unripe mangoes. tastes horrid
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by kandiikane(m): 3:38am On Apr 11, 2011
love the skinsmiley best part
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 11, 2011
Don't like the skin it is so tough even when ripe, i like the mango when it is half ripened with salt and pepper (yum).
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by kandiikane(m): 3:44am On Apr 11, 2011
has anyone tried boiled raw mango with hot hot cayenne pepper, damnnn! grin shocked
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 11, 2011
kandiikane:

has anyone tried boiled raw mango with hot hot cayenne pepper, damnnn! grin shocked

Yum that sounds similar to a dish we make called kuchela, boiled green mango with a little sugar, spices and lots of hot chile peppers.
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by kandiikane(m): 4:01am On Apr 11, 2011
^^same thingsmiley
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Pweety4me(f): 5:57am On Apr 11, 2011
U don't eat the skin?
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:52am On Apr 11, 2011
it tates bitter but is good for your body.
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Goldman360: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Fruits: Diabetes mellitus, commonly refereed to as “diabetes” is a major health concern in all parts of the world especially in the developing countries. It is a disease condition caused by the inability of the pancreas to secret adequate insulin an enzyme that catalysis the digestion of sugar.

http://www.scharticles.com/analyze-different-unripe-ripped-fruits/
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by peteonline: 5:53pm On May 21, 2015
there is a funny but detailed post under Opioro Mango and different kinds of Mangos found in Nigere here> http://mymobnet.com/who-else-loves-opioro-mango/
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by Nickymezor(f): 7:52am On May 22, 2015
At tyms OP, nt always ... I love sweet Man goes smiley
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by handsespen: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2017
Analyze Different Unripe And Ripped Fruits available in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State for their sugar contents.

Despite the fact that fruits contain sugar which has adverse effect on human health, it still serves as a diet for a health living which made it a necessity for balance diet...

http://www.scharticles.com/analyze-different-unripe-ripped-fruits/
Re: Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? by lovediehatelive(m): 10:42pm On May 07, 2022
Epi:
oh yea, I eat the skin.  Girl, let me tell you - one time I got mango boils, thats how much i love mango.  I am going to ask my mom to forward the article she wrote in the BVI newspaper "Raid those Mango Trees".  It's basically saying that mango "knocking dogs" (plentiful) but no one eating them.

1love

what's the name of this mango

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recipes For The Fruitful Home / ABCs Of Cake Making / Why Is My Fondant Breaking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.