Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:32 AM

Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest (1084 Views)

Romelu Lukaku Arrested For Hosting A Rowdy Party With Paul Pogba In Los Angeles / List Of African Footballers Who Died From Cardiac Arrests (Nigerians Top List) / Stephen Keshi Died Of Cardiac Arrest - Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by lolaxavier(m): 7:24am On Aug 02, 2015
Famously known for wearing his trademark Scottish skirt, Roddy Piper will go down in the history books of WWF as one of the most entertaining and favourite wrestlers of all time. This is quite sad.

Famous wrestling legend Roddy Piper has died at age 61, according to TMZ.

He died of cardiac arrest on Thursday and was found in his home Friday.

In Piper’s last on-camera interview, he can be seen defending lifelong friend Hulk Hogan. Hogan recently had his contract terminated with WWE after video surfaced suggesting he was using racial slurs.

Hulk Hogan told TMZ he is devastated about the loss. “God’s gain is our loss. May his family in this time of need, find peace. Much love forever, HH.”

Piper was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2006, but said he was cancer-free last year.

Piper was a popular in the 80’s with WWE, known as one of the biggest villians. He wrestled with WWE until 2008.

Piper is survived by his wife and four children, including a son who is pursuing professional wrestling.
http://fox8.com/2015/07/31/tmz-wrestling-legend-rowdy-roddy-piper-61-dies-of-cardiac-arrest/

Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by Disneyboy: 7:26am On Aug 02, 2015
shocked[sup][/sup]
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by fromnigeria(m): 7:32am On Aug 02, 2015
he is made his mark. RIP man
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by okosodo: 7:47am On Aug 02, 2015
RIP my favorite
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by lolaxavier(m): 7:52am On Aug 02, 2015
Not expecting the indomie generation to know him tongue
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by bewla(m): 8:09am On Aug 02, 2015
that scot with pip RIP
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by Yustash001(m): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2015
RIP bro....WWE hall of fame will really miss you...
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by lolaxavier(m): 11:07am On Aug 02, 2015
Such is life
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by bjjbam: 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
These guys made our childhood worthwhile.........RIP!
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by lolaxavier(m): 1:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
bjjbam:
These guys made a childhood worthwhile.........RIP!

Yes o...
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by nwakibe: 1:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
RIP. Did I hear that the son is pursuing professional wrestling?
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Rip rody
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by tojos(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
British Bulldog, Macho Man Randy Savage, Chris Benoit, Ravishing Rick Rude, The Big Boss Man, Yokozuna, Bambam Bigelow, Owen Hart, Bad News Brawl, Sensational Sherri, Elizabeth, The Von Eric Brothers, Gentleman Chris Adams, Earthquake, Tugboat, Brutus Brody, Junkyard Dog, Andre The Giant, Ernie Lang, Eddie Gurero, Hawk Bernin (of legion of Doom), Mr Perfect, The Ultimate Warrior, Paul Barrier..

... and now Roddy Pipper has joined the list of dead wrestlers of all my favourite. I missed you guys cry cry

Except for Owen Hart, all died of Heart attack, quite a mystery though undecided
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by lolaxavier(m): 10:49am On Aug 03, 2015
tojos:
British Bulldog, Macho Man Randy Savage, Chris Benoit, Ravishing Rick Rude, The Big Boss Man, Yokozuna, Bambam Bigelow, Owen Hart, Bad News Brawl, Sensational Sherri, Elizabeth, The Von Eric Brothers, Gentleman Chris Adams, Earthquake, Tugboat, Brutus Brody, Junkyard Dog, Andre The Giant, Ernie Lang, Eddie Gurero, Hawk Bernin (of legion of Doom), Mr Perfect, The Ultimate Warrior, Paul Barrier..

... and now Roddy Pipper had joined the list of dead wrestlers of all my favourite. I missed you guys cry cry

Except for Owen Hart, all died of Heart attack, quite a mystery though undecided

Chris Benoit did not die of heart attack. He murdered his wife and son then hanged himself while Bigelow died from drugs found in his system.
Re: Wrestling Legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, 61, Dies Of Cardiac Arrest by tojos(m): 9:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
lolaxavier:

Chris Benoit did not die of heart attack. He murdered his wife and son then hanged himself while Bigelow died from drugs found in his system.

Ya right bro. I would also exclude Mr Perfect, Sherri & Elizabeth, all of which died of cocaine overdose while the Von Eric Brothers (David, Kerry & Kevin) all commited suicide, Gentleman Chris Adams was murdered by his wife... I can go on but I have to stop here. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Watch Nccaf Football 2015 Live Streaming Online / HBD Super Eagles Captain Ahmed Musa / When Assnal Fanz Remember They Are Playing Bayern Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.