Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,287 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1222087 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yhellow(m): 11:47am On May 25, 2016
Where are we going in this country. Na wa, stanbic increments na error.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by justi4jesu(f): 11:50am On May 25, 2016
mrcodebreaker:

whats dcc

Dynamic Currency Conversion: when making a payment in a foreign country, have the cost of a transaction converted to their home currency at the point of sale.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 12:13pm On May 25, 2016
Stanley08:

That title is monitoring exchange rate, not selling PayPal and other E-currency

Like seriously, why should we be informing people about bank rates which translates to advertising for these banks and we cant advertise our rates for other forms of fund

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 12:27pm On May 25, 2016
is GTB still N315/$ or now N355/$ ?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yhellow(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2016
EnterPRO:
is GTB still N315/$ or now N355/$ ?

any update on gtbank?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 1:11pm On May 25, 2016
yhellow:
any update on gtbank?
just need to confirm from people who used their gtb cards today.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 25, 2016
warrenweste:

which means DCC is dead n buried cry

all thanks to new cbn policy
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 25, 2016
yhellow:
any update on gtbank?

₦315 as at this morning
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yhellow(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2016
tumababa:

₦315 as at this morning
na wa ooo
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by megatran(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2016
amazon giftcards and paypal funds still available for sale. whatsapp me @ 08101098212 for rates... peeps are already grabbing what they can. its first come first serve people.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by warrenweste(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2016
tumababa:

all thanks to new cbn policy

bt even the new policy is nt yt effective or m i missing something here
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 25, 2016
warrenweste:

bt even the new policy is nt yt effective or m i missing something here

everyone will want to see how the policy works. dcc is calculated based on cbn rate. d merchants add like 10 to 20 ₦ to the cbn rate and charge in your local currency. if u now pay with 208 and tomorrow cbn rate goes to 250, that will be a loss to d bank dat does dcc. so i think they might still allow after d new cbn policy is fully implemented (I WISH angry angry angry )

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by sexycat: 2:52pm On May 25, 2016
I used my stanbic IBTC card now at atm and was deducted 315, please can I open standard chartered online.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by shocker007(m): 3:04pm On May 25, 2016
sexycat:
I used my stanbic IBTC card now at atm and was deducted 315, please can I open standard chartered online.

Welcome to the squad. grin

BTW, No, You cant open Standard Chartered account online. check previous page to see requirement. >>
shocker007:
^^^Click^^^
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 25, 2016
how much is 1 Australia Dollar
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2016
Mariesio:

Like seriously, why should we be informing people about bank rates which translates to advertising for these banks and we cant advertise our rates for other forms of fund

Nobody said you should not advertise ur own rates. It should be done in a different thread. A thread created for that. This thread was created for a different reason. Simple oh.

Lol. Is it not English I've been speaking since? Because I'm confused myself.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 3:45pm On May 25, 2016
How much is Standard Chartered charging per dollar? 276? 277? Thereabout?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by agentakins: 6:05pm On May 25, 2016
Hello guys, pls I intend to open an account with standard chartered bank but I don't have any refree to stand for me. Is there a way around it?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 25, 2016
with the way people are rushing standard chartered now, its not worth opening account with them, they will soon stop too
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Amazing01: 6:20pm On May 25, 2016
Well, just got an email from standard chartered. Interenational transaction on debit/credit has been suspended.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by AleAirHub(m): 6:52pm On May 25, 2016
Good evening.

I urgently need offshore transfer of $1/10 million.
Our buying price is 310/320.
Note: Please don't worry about contacting me if you can deliver within 48hours & if you can't provide us the offshore bank details with account officer contact details. For our bank to confirm availability of fund.

Bravo
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dagr8(m): 7:14pm On May 25, 2016
Amazing01:
Well, just got an email from standard chartered. Interenational transaction on debit/credit has been suspended.
Lol. Another bad news. I sha know this people cannot fit to kill us. Way will come whether they like it or not

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bimppyola: 7:17pm On May 25, 2016
shocker007:

All their account comes with Visa Card including savings account.
The minimum opening balance is N50,000 though, just incase .

Apart from the visa card that would be issued,what are the benefit of using the bank for online transactions
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by shocker007(m): 7:40pm On May 25, 2016
bimppyola:

Apart from the visa card that would be issued,what are the benefit of using the bank for online transactions

+The major benefit (without them blocking foreign transactions) is that, their rate is fantastically low <275.

-And with visa card, you get deducted instantly and not some ledger balance BS.

-Also you get free 90 days health advice every time you leave the country.

-To open an Offshore account is easier too once your banking relationship is cool.

-Priority Pass for Dorm accounts.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by shocker007(m): 7:48pm On May 25, 2016
ozor1:
someone will comeout and say wale has struck again

Bros, please who is Wale?

Can he bring back DCC?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 7:51pm On May 25, 2016
shocker007:

Bros, please who is Wale?

Can he bring back DCC?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bimppyola: 8:02pm On May 25, 2016
shocker007:

+The major benefit (without them blocking foreign transactions) is that, their rate is fantastically low <275.

-And with visa card, you get deducted instantly and not some ledger balance BS.

-Also you get free 90 days health advice every time you leave the country.

-To open an Offshore account is easier too once your banking relationship is cool.

-Priority Pass for Dorm accounts.

okay thats cool

can you tell me the difference between an offshore account and a dom acct
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by shocker007(m): 8:38pm On May 25, 2016
bimppyola:

okay thats cool

can you tell me the difference between an offshore account and a dom acct

An offshore account is a foreign account and won't be regulated by CBN but by the country you open it in.
While dom account is a foreign currency account domiciled in Nigeria and regulated by CBN.

That's just the brief of what it literally is.

5 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bimppyola: 8:46pm On May 25, 2016
shocker007:

An offshore account is a foreign account and won't be regulated by CBN but by the country you open it in.
While dorm account is a foreign currency account domiciled in Nigeria and regulated by CBN.

That's just the brief of what it literally is.

Thank you for explaining it better

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by meetmal03(f): 9:18pm On May 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by meetmal03(f): 9:23pm On May 25, 2016
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 25, 2016
For those rushing to open standard chartered account. I have news for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.