Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. (1448 Views)

Your Pastor May Not Want To Talk About This Biblical Verse Concerning Tithes. / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 9:11am On Aug 02, 2015
According to the scripture, we are made to understand that Tithe offering is 10% of your income.
My question is that if you were not able to give up to 10% of your monthly income, will such Tithe offering be accepted by God or will you say that you rob God?
If you were not able to give Tithe for that month due to your believe that it MUST be 10% of your income, will you say you have sinned against God and what can be the implications?
Can we give tithes more than once in a month?
Share your view and opinions for we all to understand.

Please these questions are only meant for those Christians that believed on Tithes offering.

1 Like

Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 9:14am On Aug 02, 2015
braimeddy:
According to the scripture, we are made to understand that Tithe offering is 10% of your income.
My question is that if you were not able to give up to 10% of your monthly income, will such Tithe offering be accepted by God or will you say that you rob God?
If you were not able to give Tithe for that month due to your believe that it MUST be 10% of your income, will you say you have sinned against God and what can be the implications?
Can we give tithes more than once in a month?
Share your view and opinions for we all to understand.

Please this questions are only meant for those Christians that believed on Tithes offering.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Op which Bible tell U say na 10% Mine said its 1%.
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by Tallesty1(m): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2015
priscaoge:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Op which Bible tell U say na 10% Mine said its 1%.
Where You Go Hide Since?
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 9:25am On Aug 02, 2015
Tallesty1:
Where You Go Hide Since?

I still position grin na NYSC de stress me. Been a while, how body?
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 9:30am On Aug 02, 2015
please read Numbers 18:21, 24
priscaoge:

Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2015
braimeddy:
please read Numbers 18:21, 24

Numbers 18:21

And behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Verse 24

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the Lord,I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them,among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2015
Op I understand that d bible said we should give 1% out of our 10% cool cool
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 10:18am On Aug 02, 2015
That's one of the verses in the Bible that make us understand that Tithe offering should be 10%
priscaoge:

Numbers 18:21

And behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Verse 24

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the Lord,I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them,among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2015
braimeddy:
That's one of the verses in the Bible that make us understand that Tithe offering should be 10%

Lol.....The bible NEVER said u should give any church 10% of Ur income
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2015
Go back to the question I asked and u will notice I made a statement on red. I believed that quote is meant for someone like you.
Thanks
priscaoge:

Lol.....The bible NEVER said u should give any church 10% of Ur income
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
The scholars should share their opinions
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
braimeddy:
Go back to the question I asked and u will notice I made a statement on red. I believed that quote is meant for someone like you.
Thanks

The quotation u dropped never said we MUST give 10% as tithe. Read d bible passage again. I can as well help u with many other bible passages that can help u understand more about tithes.

Have a nice day Sir!
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
I get ur point. So u re saying that if u re earning for example 100k per month and u gave 3k as Tithe offering, u re not robbing God right?
priscaoge:

The quotation u dropped never said we MUST give 10% as tithe. Read d bible passage again. I can as well help u with many other bible passages that can help u understand more about tithes.

Have a nice day Sir!
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
braimeddy:
I get ur point. So u re saying that if u re earning for example 100k per month and u gave 3k as Tithe offering, u re not robbing God right?

2 Corinthians 9:7

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, let him give,not grudgingly, or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
I want to make u understand that there's different between giving or offertory in the church and Tithe offering. My question is based on only Tithe offering. Every churches do offertory so ur quote from the bible refers to giving in the church. Those that give offertory also pay their Tithes the same day in the church. But I'm mainly focus on Tithe offering.
priscaoge:

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, let him give,not grudgingly, or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
braimeddy:
I want to make u understand that there's different between giving or offertory in the church and Tithe offering. My question is based on only Tithe offering. Every churches do offertory so ur quote from the bible refers to giving in the church. Those that give offertory also pay their Tithes the same day in the church. But I'm mainly focus on Tithe offering.

Its not based on offertory, I answered Ur question. Judging from what u asked before i replied with that, If u know that paying a tithe will be hard on u, why not pay d amount u will not grudge over? You still haven't shown me where d bible said its a MUST to give 10%(according to u) to a church as a tithe. Even Ur quotation didn't say anything like that. Go and read Lev 28:30 u will know that tithes is not only about money. Then Malachi 3:8-12 also made me to understand that one can also rob God through offering and not tithes alone. I still want to know where it stated specifically that one MUST pay 10% as tithe.
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by modhream: 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
priscaoge:

Its not based on offertory, I answered Ur question. Judging from what u asked before i replied with that, If u know that paying a tithe will be hard on u, why not pay d amount u will not grudge over? You still haven't shown me where d bible said its a MUST to give 10%(according to u) to a church as a tithe. Even Ur quotation didn't say anything like that. Go and read Lev 28:30 u will know that tithes is not only about money. Then Malachi 3:8-12 also made me to understand that one can also rob God through offering and not tithes alone. I still want to know where it stated specifically that one MUST pay 10% as tithe.
Actually,Old Testament tithe was never money or income but agricultural produce for those who inherited the land or husband animals.
And of course,Deut.14:22-29 is the main authority on tithe
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
I think we are saying the same thing. I am confused that's why I asked this question. I work, so I don't want to pay Tithes out of ignorance. I want to know if it's really that 10% or as the spirit leads.
priscaoge:

Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
braimeddy:
I think we are saying the same thing. I am confused that's why I asked this question. I work, so I don't want to pay Tithes out of ignorance. I want to know if it's really that 10% or as the spirit leads.

I give 1% out of my 10%. U have to pay ur tithe the way it will not be a burden to ur pocket. I guess U understand?
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by modhream: 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
braimeddy:
She has answered you already,why the confusion again?
priscaoge:

braimeddy:
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
Yes I really understand what u re saying. So it means assuming u re being payed 100k as ur monthly salary, u paid 100 naira as ur Tithe offering. ( that should be 1% of ur income per say) do u mean u will be ok wit dat and ur conscience will not preak u dat u re robbing God?
priscaoge:

I give 1% out of my 10%. U have to pay ur tithe the way it will not be a burden to ur pocket. I guess U understand?
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Yea! I think so. What about paying more than once in a month. Is it ideal?
modhream:

Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by priscaoge(f): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
braimeddy:
Yes I really understand what u re saying. So it means assuming u re being payed 100k as ur monthly salary, u paid 100 naira as ur Tithe offering. ( that should be 1% of ur income per say) do u mean u will be ok wit dat and ur conscience will not preak u dat u re robbing God?

Stop asking questions like a kid Mr Man. Do I look like a Parish priest? If u don't understand my point then stop asking me silly questions. I said that because that's what I understand about tithe and I didn't say 1% out of 100%. The Igbo version of the bible said "Otu uzo n'uzo iri" (Meaning one portion out of Ur 10 portions) That's what tithe is. If U don't really know what tithe is, why don't u wait till u understand it properly before u start paying your tithe? I pay my tithe according to my covenant with my God. Haven't U seen someone that used his whole salary to pay a tithe without removing a kobo? I think I'm done with U. Goodnight!
Re: Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. by braimeddy: 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
smiley
priscaoge:

Stop asking questions like a kid Mr Man. Do I look like a Parish priest? If u don't understand my point then stop asking me silly questions. I said that because that's what I understand about tithe and I didn't say 1% out of 100%. The Igbo version of the bible said "Otu uzo n'uzo iri" (Meaning one portion out of Ur 10 portions) That's what tithe is. If U don't really know what tithe is, why don't u wait till u understand it properly before u start paying your tithe? I pay my tithe according to my covenant with my God. Haven't U seen someone that used his whole salary to pay a tithe without removing a kobo? I think I'm done with U. Goodnight!

(1) (Reply)

IMMORALITY LOOMS: Moral Decadence At Its Peak / Do Soldiers Go To Heaven? / Prophet TB Joshua Prophecy About 2018.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.