Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (36020 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2016
Good Morning my fellow Nairalanders.

I believe my calling on earth is to assist anyone around me, in every little way I can. I do support beggars, support my friends, support my family members.

My question today is this "what if I use my Tithes and Offerings to help those in need"

Will God be angry with me? Will the cursed for not paying titles follow me?

Advise please, forgive me for the poor write up.

24 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Teniolasmart: 11:54am On Oct 16, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................................dont know sha

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Edwinmason(m): 11:59am On Oct 16, 2016
well from my own understanding...God said give me my ten percent he didnt say give to the poor.....paying ur tithe and helping the poor are 2 different things entirely

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 12:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
Edwinmason:
well from my own understanding...God said give me my ten percent he didnt say give to the poor.....paying ur tithe and helping the poor are 2 different things entirely
Where did God say give me my 10% and to who?
ogunleye557:
Malachi ch3 Vs9_12
I know that chapter like my middle name.

Thing is, Is it applicable to modern day Christians?

I don't think God needs to invest the 10% of my earnings and then give me the proceeds, rather He supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

My part is to bless those around me with what I have.

185 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Tallesty1(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
OP, I think this will help.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

181 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by DJEhimond(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
I don't see anything bad in so doing. Whether you pay to the church or to the poor, you're are giving to God either way. "...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by annunaki2(m): 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
Giving to the poor and needy is giving to God.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by seaboi06(m): 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
Edwinmason:
Nonsense,is God spending money?
At op it's better giving to the poor than giving to your pastor who rides big car
fela don talk

134 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Edwinmason(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
seaboi06:
Nonsense,is God spending money?
At op it's better giving to the poor than giving to your pastor who rides big car
fela don talk
oga no be fight

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:

I believe my calling on earth is to assist anyone around me, in every little way I can. I do support beggars, support my friends, support my family members.

My question today is this "what if I use my Tithes and Offerings to help those in need"

pay your tithe and offering... you are cursed with a curse... grin

if u want to help the poor help the poor
if u want to give d church give d church
but don't let anybody put it as an obligation of tithe upon you... if you're helping the poor you're honouring God.. God never needed your money so he won't be angry with you

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
Edwinmason:

ok God said he wants ur 10%... to do what exactly... you're being robbed in broad day light

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 11:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:

My dear, God requires your 10% to be given in the church. From all circumstances in Bible, the tenth of blessings was given to the priests only/in the temple of God. Don't let anybody ever deceive u concerning this. A genuine man of God can never use your money for personal gratification but for sponsorship of the church's vision.

If u feel your pastor will eat your tithe, it means u don't trust him. Then why u still there? Go out and find a holy church.

I go to The Lord's Chosen Ministry.

''Bring you aaaalllll the tithe and offering so that there will be meat in my house'' Malachi 3

You must give your tithe and offering to God. Giving to the poor is not offering. It's called Charity or alms-giving.

If a church is so rich and you perceive that its not channelling the wealth to save souls and spread gospel of salvation, what you can do is look for a good righteous church you perceive God's presence and offer there.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 8:05am On Oct 17, 2016
MrPRevailer:

My dear, God requires your 10% to be given in the church. From all circumstances in Bible, the tenth of blessings was given to the priests only/in the temple of God. Don't let anybody ever deceive u concerning this. A genuine man of God can never use your money for personal gratification but for sponsorship of the church's vision.

If u feel your pastor will eat your tithe, it means u don't trust him. Then why u still there? Go out and find a holy church.

I go to The Lord's Chosen Ministry.

''Bring you aaaalllll the tithe and offering so that there will be meat in my house'' Malachi 3

You must give your tithe and offering to God. Giving to the poor is not offering. It's called Charity or alms-giving.

If a church is so rich and you perceive that its not channelling the wealth to save souls and spread gospel of salvation, what you can do is look for a good righteous church you perceive God's presence and offer there.

seriously.... 10% in church?? what da hell

@ op pls continue helping d poor... God will bless u

leave people saying 10%... they refused to read their bible

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by orisa37: 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
You are doing fine. Include saving one tenth of all your Remunerations to improve yourself and the household of God around you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
Wilgrea7:

seriously.... 10% in church?? what da hell

@ op pls continue helping d poor... God will bless u

leave people saying 10%... they refused to read their bible

Here is another athiest advising op @collinsweglobe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Here is another athiest advising op @collinsweglobe

dude... I'm not an atheist.. not paying tithes doesn't make me an atheist

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:33am On Oct 18, 2016
Wilgrea7:

dude... I'm not an atheist.. not paying tithes doesn't make me an atheist

But it makes you an enemy of God. God is serious about it. It's mostly greedy people that give excuses like "my pastor is eating my tithe".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by annunaki2(m): 10:53am On Oct 18, 2016
MrPRevailer:

But it makes you an enemy of God. God is serious about it. It's mostly greedy people that give excuses like "my pastor is eating my tithe".

It's actually greedy pastors that preach tithhing. There is absolutely no scripture in the bible that directs Christians to tithe of their income. Tithes as it is preached today is derived from twisting old testament scriptures to suit the greed of those preaching it.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2016
Mal 3:8-98 "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, 'In what wayhave we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings.9 You are cursed with a curse, for you haverobbed Me, even this wholenation. Bring all the tithes and offerings into my storehouse that there may be meat In my house and prove me now"

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2016
Is this applicable today?1 Cor. 97 "... or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?8 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?13 Do ye not know that they which ministerabout holy things live of thethings of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should liveof the gospel. [KJV

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by annunaki2(m): 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
MrPRevailer:
Mal 3:8-98 "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, 'In what wayhave we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings.9 You are cursed with a curse, for you haverobbed Me, even this wholenation. Bring all the tithes and offerings into my storehouse that there may be meat In my house and prove me now"

This verse was not talking about money but tithes of agric produce and it wasn't addressed to Christians under grace but to the children of Israel who were under the law. Also note that it is a very grievous sin to twist God's word so changing agric tithes to monetary tithes is a sin by those preaching it. The lie that they didn't tithe money because money was not in use in those days is another lie because there were several references to the use of money as far back as the book of genesis. You may wish to read deut 14:22-29 to learn more about biblical tithing and compare it to the fraud taught in churches today as tithes.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
MrPRevailer:
Is this applicable today?1 Cor. 97 "... or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?8 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?13 Do ye not know that they which ministerabout holy things live of thethings of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should liveof the gospel. [KJV

there is a big difference.. u will never quote the part where paul said he didn't collect so as not to be a burden

ok lets move on

there's a difference betweeen eating of the things of d altar and scanning people to bring to the altar

pastors can call for donations every sunday
.. the tithe preached today is unscriptural therefore using it to deceive the masses and collect money is still a scam.. the offering is there ... other voluntary donations are there... preaching a lie as a means to eat from the altar is a scam

most pastors have the calling of money and they said they heard d calling of God..
whether by rich or by poor tithe preached today is unscriptural.

open your eyes

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
Wilgrea7:

there is a big difference.. u will never quote the part where paul said he didn't collect so as not to be a burden

ok lets move on

there's a difference betweeen eating of the things of d altar and scanning people to bring to the altar

pastors can call for donations every sunday
.. the tithe preached today is unscriptural therefore using it to deceive the masses and collect money is still a scam.. the offering is there ... other voluntary donations are there... preaching a lie as a means to eat from the altar is a scam

most pastors have the calling of money and they said they heard d calling of God..
whether by rich or by poor tithe preached today is unscriptural.

open your eyes

Tithe is scriptural. You keep your arguments alive by calling pastor as thieves. Not all pastors are. Many are false. Some are genuine and honest, using the money they realise for the promotion of the gospel. And I've made my points to help you. But if you insist, well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by annunaki2(m): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
MrPRevailer:

Tithe is scriptural. You keep your arguments alive by calling pastor as thieves. Not all pastors are. Many are false. Some are genuine and honest, using the money they realise for the promotion of the gospel. And I've made my points to help you. But if you insist, well.

Tithes is scriptural but it's not applicable to Christians and the type of tithes(monetary tithe from income) preached in churches today is certainly not scriptural.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
MrPRevailer:

the new testament scripture u posted talks about people working in the church eating from things of the church... i have no problem with the offerings.. my problem is the tithe they are preaching as lies... tithe was for d Israelites and it was only in Canaan... so show me proof that i am an Israelite and we are in Canaan and the pastors are levites and money was tithed... then I'll believe

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Seun(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
What you're doing is perfectly biblical. However, business-savvy pastors will never support such a practice for obvious reasons. Keep doing it!

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by akpanikpe(m): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
Good morning for this kind time? It's either the op is high on pure water or the mods that delay moving the thread to fp since morning is high on kunu. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by gimbayaro(m): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
[sub][/sub]

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by awa(m): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tithe is tithe and giving alms is giving alms

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by allanphash7(m): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
Whats the benefit of paying the tithes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Beehshorp(m): 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
Please dis post is open to corrections, u can quote me sha cos what am about to say I am not going to be completely correct cos am not dat sure..

To the topic, op dia is a place in the Bible where someone asked Jesus about giving a begger and paying tithes and Jesus was like the begger is always here so u av to pay ur tithes...

Please correct me if am wrong but something tells me av come across dis storry in d bible
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by sakalisis(m): 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bisi Alimi: "Pastor Adeboye Is Irresponsible And Vile" / Nigerian Woman Vomits Thick Blood As A Result Of Attack(graphic Pics) / Dr . Murdock On COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.