Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist (1384 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / Is Ruggedman A Lyricist: What Is Lyricism / Avilavinge Is More Of A Lyricist Than Nas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by baibbieboy: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2009
Please post your own definition

Tanx
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2009
@Topic - Dictionary meaninh says; A lyricist is a person who writes lyrics. But in d general sense, a lyricist cld also be one who writes and also composes lyrical song both in Rythmic sense and ~~?
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by darequam(m): 8:59am On Mar 23, 2009
Someone who writes tight lyrics or punchlines jampacked with metaphorical sounds that make u go whoaaa!
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by tosinaded(m): 10:12am On Mar 23, 2009
m.i
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by javalove(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2009
tosinaded@:

m.i

u r a mumu.

Its modenine !!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by audio: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2009
A lyricist drops rhymes over a beat that make you see what he's saying and feel it as well.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by frijos(m): 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2009
i'm loving how u guys are going all out for ur favorite artistes, i'm down with VECTOR!

A lyricist, to my own overstanding is one who can paint pictures with his words, one who can use words as a tool to spark up memories and feelings of pain, goodness, anger, loss, success etc one who can take u to a whole new level with his words and one who can make u recite every line of his verses someone like the late notorious BIG for instance. yu dug?
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by javalove(m): 10:35am On Mar 25, 2009
frijos:

i'm loving how u guys are going all out for ur favorite artistes, i'm down with VECTOR!

A lyricist, to my own overstanding is one who can paint pictures with his words, one who can use words as a tool to spark up memories and feelings of pain, goodness, anger, loss, success etc one who can take u to a whole new level with his words and one who can make u recite every line of his verses someone like the late notorious BIG for instance. yu dug?

u too dey write story. ushud have smply said MODENINE and we go understand wetin u dey talk beta
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by chippoc(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2009
whether m.i or mode, i'm not concerned but i gotta define a lyricist like this> one who has a good word understanding and uses the different elements of literature to combine them that the product sentences are well informative. however, when it comes to music, it must be rhymthic and poetic.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 26, 2009
Chei. See how m.i dey dey kolo some peeps on this forum. tongue
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by chrisical(m): 10:15am On Mar 26, 2009
A lyricst is a person who writes songs but in a skillful and creative way.

brein:

Chei. See how m.i dey dey kolo some peeps on this forum. tongue
The guy too much ni
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by dammiecool(m): 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2009
Ruggedman.
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2009
e get as e bi oh, Defination of a lyricist again, Nairaland is becoming more boring.
can someone start sumthin on Modenine plzzzzzzzzz.;, -----,
Re: What's Your Definition Of A Lyricist by chrisical(m): 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
You are not helping matters either

(1) (Reply)

Kenny And D1 of Kennis Music : Your Take / Whoever Calls Olamide A Rapper Then Timaya Is A Rapper / Download ALBUM: Cassper Nyovest – Sweet And Short (deluxe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.