Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,536 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) (56999 Views)

Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot / Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot / Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by NaLaugh: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
remmer56:
Bro, you got an idea of the processes to apply and requirement? Please, can we have a chat? Thank you ..

The type of flight training facilities I've mentioned do not have an "application" process per se. You just need your cash in hand, and a desire to fly a damn plane cool.

Of course, there are basic requirements like non-impaired vision, ability to learn to read maps, very basic math skills and such. To be licensed in the end though, you do need to pass a rigorous oral and written test. Nothing major.

If you're in Nigeria, this route might not work for you. This is because they're not schools per se, and would not qualify you to get a student visa to come over here and get lessons (as far as I know - I could be wrong).
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Daniel2802(m): 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
NaLaugh:
That's really great, her parents must be proud.
I'm about to start working on my PPL (private pilot license), as well. I have no intention to go beyond that to get a commercial pilot license though.

A few observations with this. First off, she is not yet a pilot, as you have to be 17 here before you can get a PPL (she said it too), so this thread title is inaccurate. In other words, if she loses interest in flying between now and her 17th birthday, then she'll not get a license - which is when you become a pilot.

Getting a PPL does not mean she'll be able, or allowed to fly a private jet or commercial craft, either. A PPL only trains and licenses you to fly single engine light crafts, like the one seen in the video.

Second, the CNN anchor kept saying she flew "solo," which is incorrect. To fly solo means you fly alone in the aircraft.
However, you must be at least 16 to fly solo . The legendary Tuskegee airmen were with her on the flight.

That said, none of the facts I've pointed out takes anything away from the awesomeness of her feat so far. I guess the main big deal with this is that she's a 15 yr old black girl, and the distance of 7k miles she covered.

Awesome little girl.

Hello, am Daniel and am 15yrs. Am an aspiring pilot and I would like to exchange contact with you.
From my research it is cheaper to do the PPL, CPL, IR, NR outside Nigeria preferably South Africa.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Doxkelly1(m): 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
Anyadike congratulations, I am very happy simply because you are Igbo-American. Africans setting records from time immemorial.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Antoinne: 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
The same black mentality we should abhor is what we continue to promote. What then is so special about the first youngest "female black"? Are blacks such underachievers and a dumb race that they should celebrate the first black female, instead of the first female
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by NaLaugh: 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Daniel2802:

Hello, am Daniel and am 15yrs. Am an aspiring pilot and I would like to exchange contact with you.
From my research it is cheaper to do the PPL, CPL, IR, NR outside Nigeria preferably South Africa.

Honestly, I don't think I have any info you can't get by researching online (as you're already doing). Do follow your aspirations, and good luck.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by flyforall: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
Congratulations
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by iguita: 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Impressed at her confidence. #Godbless
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Raxxye(m): 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
Wow!
This is amazing!
America deserves a lot of credit for creating the enabling environment and the motivation for people, including kids, to achieve their dreams!

Elsewhere, a particular religion abhors the education of the girl child. They want them married off at tender age, and they want to impose this on all of us. May God punish them severely!

1 Like

Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by castro316: 5:58am On Aug 05, 2015
NaLaugh:
That's really great, her parents must be proud.
I'm about to start working on my PPL (private pilot license), as well. I have no intention to go beyond that to get a commercial pilot license though.

A few observations with this. First off, she is not yet a pilot, as you have to be 17 here before you can get a PPL (she said it too), so this thread title is inaccurate. In other words, if she loses interest in flying between now and her 17th birthday, then she'll not get a license - which is when you become a pilot.

Getting a PPL does not mean she'll be able, or allowed to fly a private jet or commercial craft, either. A PPL only trains and licenses you to fly single engine light crafts, like the one seen in the video.

Second, the CNN anchor kept saying she flew "solo," which is incorrect. To fly solo means you fly alone in the aircraft.
However, you must be at least 16 to fly solo . The legendary Tuskegee airmen were with her on the flight.

That said, none of the facts I've pointed out takes anything away from the awesomeness of her feat so far. I guess the main big deal with this is that she's a 15 yr old black girl, and the distance of 7k miles she covered.

Awesome little girl.

Hi, can u tell me where to fly plane of that category here in Nigeria.
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by Ritchiee: 7:09am On Aug 05, 2015
Ritchiee:
Chowlade is trying to help you after reading this- https://www.nairaland.com/2486801/check-out-these-achievements-u
For your information, she should be 24 in 2015 now...she should try to emulate this- https://www.nairaland.com/2332601/best-university-produced-nigerian-youngest that is if her brain had not been stuffed with Oha soup...lol...
Re: Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black) by mkbessman(m): 8:47am On Aug 05, 2015
NaLaugh:

It depends on where you live. If you live in Nigeria, I honestly have little to no idea. Perhaps, the Aviation school in Zaria. However, that's a formal institution and requires significant time/financial commitments (I imagine).

On the other hand, If you live in the US, then I can give you a few suggestions.

OK sir.. for the one in USA, give me some suggestions.... it will be welcomed sir. am really interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple On Power Bike Killed With One Other After Fatal Accident. Graphic Photos / Man Rams Into A Herd Of Cows In Yenagoa With His Car (Photos) / Car Swarmed By Thousands Of Grasshoppers In South Africa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.