Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel (9593 Views)

Exchange Dollar For Naira / Looking To Exchange Dollar For Naira / See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by candylips(m): 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2009
I can't beleive that people still go to those touts to change money.
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by thirdeye(m): 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2009
Is better to deal with a malam introduced to you or the one you can trace their office. I have been duped once in allen but had to contact police and afriend around to get my money back.
They also do it at International airport lagos. Just make sure you don't change money on the road.
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 28, 2009
notall of them though, cos av worked at the bureu de change before and nothing like that ever came across me, used to work for my uncle hes name ADE ODOLE hes honest amongs them and hes office hes inside the plaza
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by Motee(f): 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2009
Well, it's a pity for those who have been duped but I think the best thing is to have a customer who you deal with anytime you are there and even when the particular guy is not available call him to introduce you to someone reliable like him. I have been changing from Alade and have never been duped though I deal with just one Mallam.
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by vanariso(m): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2009
Never change your foreign currency at Allen r/about or Airport Hotel, except in an aboki's shop.
They use metaphysical powers to cheat u.Watch-out for the guys in tajia--aboki's cap--who pretends to be dollar exchangers, they are all ibos/yorubas.U could easily know them from their accent.atleast we all know how real abokis talk.They will give u rates u cant refuse,but as soon as u re true wit them an unknown person will call at u, Ah my friend, come, Oh sorry i ve mistaken u for someone else.At this point they ve concluded their evil act.U ve lost like 30k-50k.
Am seroius,dont play the smart guy.I use to think people that fell for this are fools, but i played the fool once, u ve the opportunity not the play the fool.if u re a regular client like i used to be ,be extra careful or totally avoid Allen round about instead try Eko Hotel.
They will first try the distraction method, counting and counting several times and if u dont fall for this,they will use the diabolical means.They re always in two.never deal with them when they re two or mo.Instead use the real abokis, and do the exchange in their shop.
Words of wisdom, hope u will yield to this caution, dont loose ur hard earned money easily.I am still bittered and looking for the guy!!!

1 Like

Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by KoolEmcee: 12:29am On Apr 30, 2009
omo, 9ja guys n their antics.

Dis one wey una dey lose 10k, 20k, 50k, no b small money oh!!!!
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by NOIBMUUL(m): 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2009
why not kukumma go straight to the banks or legal exchange outlets to change money rather than the black market (mallams). na una eye see wetin he dey find!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by peleoju(f): 4:33pm On Apr 30, 2009
my own experience was at marina, lagos. after counting the naira he gave me, i handed over the euro to him. he quickly responded dat i hav to settle the guys with N6000. B4 i understand wat was happening, there were 2 other guys standing beside me, and the guy said they were his business partners . the guys 2were like i have 2 settle them or else i should take back my euro knowing fully well that they would have changed the 300 euro.
i was afraid nd i told them that my brother is around nd that he owns the money and that i hav 2 inform him,i quickly ran and entered the UBAbank around nd stood behind the security man that was on duty, naratting wat happened to him, he was the person that God used to save me on that fatefull day. i waited there 4 about 20 mins so as to be sure the guys had left b4 i left the bank. gave the security guy N500

2 Likes

Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by Akfloride: 5:53pm On May 01, 2009
hi guys, you will experience this anywhere, if you exchange money from touts around Airport hotel.
Airport hotel has a complex with several offices among which are travel agency, bureau DE Change (BDC)and others,
Next time you wish to change money, please drive in and or walk in to the office complex area
and go into UMS BDC OR SARAB TWIN BDC. You will never be short changed. In Nigeria , doings things in a hurry is the catch!
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by lightofjoy(m): 11:34am On May 04, 2009
It has happen to me at Allen round About, I wanted to change some Euro and the guy counted it and I confirmed it by counting it again but to mu suprise when I got to the bank it was the cashier that alerted me that my money is missing 19K, I was shock and feel like a fool but on getting back they have all disappear. My advise is that if you want to change money patronized those registered ones who have registered office.
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by londoner: 1:54pm On May 04, 2009
bloody hell man! All those stories. I stayed overnight in Lagos on way to Abuja, wasn't scammed by money changers but gave the cab driver N1000 note which he switched lightning fast to a N100 note and claimed I had made a mistake. I only realised it afterwards, but seriously didn't care, as I was trying to catch a plane.

Stayed in Abuja for two whole months, changed money all the time and was never duped at all. Mind you they use the electronic counters, and I counted the money twice before leaving each time. My Mum stayed in Abuja for a further year, changed money almost weekly, never was cheated or given fake currency at all.

Her bank even set up an arrangment between her and one of their customers who is into foreign exchange. they used to just tranfer the money straight into her account.

Next time I will buy a direct ticket direct to ABJ, the place is such a breath of fresh air, when it comes to Nigeria. The kind of scams there seem to be a bit less sophisticated and easier to spot, (I hope, lol).
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by nikkyshyne(f): 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
Lagunna

1 Like

Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by mammilo: 9:06pm On May 12, 2017
Exchange Rate as at today
Buy385 &Sale387*
Westernunion 355* & Moneygram352.3*
http://facebook.com/abokiprices
More visit :- http:///2pkvnpI
Re: New 419 Method; Don't Exchange Dollar @ Airport Hotel by joinnow: 11:52pm On May 12, 2017
For genuine abokifx pm me this Alhaji is very honest and down to earth.
You can't go wrong with him.
If you buy dollar From Them they stamp it with their stamp.
For your naira they have counting machine in your front their they count you recount your self

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Need To Know Before Starting A Yahoo Boy Business: Nairathreads / Emefiele Elected President Of African Central Banks As Confab Ends In Abuja / CBN Reduces Banks' Loan To Deposit Ratio From 65% To 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.