Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) (1851 Views)

7 Common English Phrases You're Probably Using Wrong / 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology / I'm A Victim Of Fake JAMB Runz - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) by skyfullofstars(f): 3:26am On Aug 03, 2015
Hey guys, sorry to ask you such a stupid question... I'm not Nigerian, and I've noticed that you say: hope you're fine? And you add a question mark at the end. Is it a way of saying "how are you"? Note that English is not my mother tongue either.

Sorry to post it in this section! I didn't know where else to post it...
Re: What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) by adekzy: 3:46am On Aug 03, 2015
Just trying to ask of your present well being

Your current state of mood/health/emotion

Not that trivia. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) by McWhillion(m): 3:56am On Aug 03, 2015
It's an alternative to saying "Hope you're good?" instead of the conventional "How you doing?". We are been optimistic about your well-being.

1 Like

Re: What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) by judiciarypalava: 5:00am On Aug 03, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Hey guys, sorry to ask you such a stupid question... I'm not Nigerian, and I've noticed that you say: hope you're fine? And you add a question mark at the end. Is it a way of saying "how are you"? Note that English is not my mother tongue either.

Who are you? Your passage doesn't show you are Franco phonic, so what are you forming like?
Re: What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) by jomoh: 7:03am On Aug 03, 2015
Question answered
Re: What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) by Vesuvius(m): 7:11am On Aug 03, 2015
@OP, wetin you go come talk when you hear "How far na"? LOL. On a serious note, forget some bad things you hear about us, friendly banter and hospitality are made in this part of the world!

3 Likes

Re: What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) by SporaD8: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2015
skyfullofstars:

More like, "hope u'v not gotten yourself into any trouble yet?" "Stay safe and stay outta troubles!"
Re: What Does "Hope You're Fine?" Mean? (i'm A Foreigner) by skyfullofstars(f): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2015
SporaD8:
More like, "hope u'v not gotten yourself into any trouble yet?" "Stay safe and stay outta troubles!"

Thank u so much my dear friend! Yes, that's exactly what I thought, but I wasn't sure, that's why I decided to ask. I appreciate it! Good luck

(1) (Reply)

The Influence Of Good School On Children / Texila American University - How Many Of Us Was Duped By This Degree Mill? / Why Do People Smoke Weed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.