Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! (43489 Views)

For The Bikers - When You Suddenly Realize You're Following Too Closely / Jeminat Olawore and Paul Lawson, Bikers Who Are Travelling 8000 Miles For Charit / All Is Set For Bikers Converge 2015. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by MissyDivah(f): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
Bike Life
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by RichDad1(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
Yaayyyy!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by NaLaugh: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Not sure if it's still the same in Nigeria, but when I was a kid, it was unusual to see women ride motorcycles in Nigeria cheesy
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by bluice2(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
MotoringNigeria:
Hello guys, I know that most of y'all have been itching to see pictures from the last biker converge in Abeokuta. Well here it is.

Cc @: kelvine oblo
Skillfullulu oIo
dumo1 tunergy
Shagati
Sorry for the late delivery, that's your eyes should be the first to see this package...lol

The sweet smell of racing fuel combined with thunderous music from fire spitting power bike engines slit through the silent atmosphere of Abeokuta city...what a weekend!!!

It was bike heaven from friday 24th of July through to Sunday the 26th as bikers from all over West Africa came together for the "Bikers Converge" organized by Rock City Motorcycle Club. Over 175 bikers from Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic, Ivory Coast representing various motorcycle clubs were present at the event exclusively covered by Motoring Nigeria.

Friday night was a blast, with the bikers having a mind blowing welcoming party to enable everyone to settle in. The party lasted till midnight after which everyone dispersed to their rooms at the Quarry Hotel. The Storey building glittered with floodlights that made night as bright as midday. A few people still hanged around, not ready to sleep just yet...how could you, with all that power lying around! What a sight!!!

We kicked Saturday off with a seminar on road safety which was facilitated by TRACE and road safety officials, after that was a trip to Stella Obasanjo Charity home. Some bikers arrived on Saturday having been prevented by various difficulties from coming the day earlier. They met up with the bikers already around at the MKO Abiola stadium for the charity football match between RCMC female bikers and male bikers from Bikers United.
This took place after the visit to Stella Obasanjo Charity home. From there, some of the bikers headed to the famous Olumo Rock and at 5PM or there abouts, everyone convened back at the hotel to relax and refresh themselves. The red carpet event started around 6:00 PM.

Motoring Nigeria interviewed some notable bikers including a successful professional photographer Mr Ibi Shokefun who is more than 50 years of age. According to him, he made the decision to be a biker a few months back because of his adventurous spirit, he also stressed the importance of taking road safety procedures. The red carpet was followed by a pool party and presentation of awards at 9:00PM to appreciate efforts made by Motorcycle clubs in attendance. The last item on the Agenda was the the auctioning of sexy and handsome bikers to the highest bidders, a fundraising event also organized for charity, this continued well into the night and at about 1:00AM, the bikers retreated into their rooms in preparation for their trip back home.

As early as 5:30AM, we were awakened by the melodius sound of power bike engines been warmed up and prepped by bikers for the hard ride back to base.

Here is a roll call of some of the Clubs that were in attendance
RCMC- Abeokuta
SKMC-Ibadan
2 runners MC-Lagos
Hard Riders MC- Port-Harcourt
GoodFellas MC- Lagos
Survival MC-Ibadan
A41 MC-Owerri
Bukat MC- Kogi State
514 Forum
Bikerzden MC
Easy Riders MC
STAWALT MC
D'Angels MC and much more.

Special shout out to Pure Whyte who rode all the way from Ghana to represent Bikers Ghana and finally, big ups to the team that made everything happen; LS, Biker Queen, Apple, Big Dee and Dr Presscott who could not make it to the event...

Below are some pictures, am currently updating it on our mother ship (our site). MTN no gree me, been tryna update since 2am.

http://www.motoringnigeria.com/2015/07/bkers-converge-abeokuta-huge-success.html?m=1

Oga wey ma club na? Millennials MC?
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by oblo(m): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
Finally! Joining you guys soon..............ermm as soonn as Madam approves.# grin

4 Likes

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
NaLaugh:
Not sure if it's still the same in Nigeria, but when I was a kid, it was unusual to see women ride motorcycles in Nigeria cheesy

It has always been a norm in the eastern axis for women to ride motorcycles and bicycles.
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by exclusive7(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
I've been looking fr where i'ld get a power bike...cld sum1 help moi out..where can i get one n wats d price lyk?
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by canalily(m): 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
See one of them runninggrin

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by inimitkel(m): 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
I'm honestly wowed! wink
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by free2ryhme: 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
If you know u don't have a good paying job don't have any intentions to join no be poor man or struggling man children dey there ooooo. Na their papa money dem dey chop ooo be warned

1 Like

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by lonelydora: 9:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
Chai, I will belong to this group
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by aku626(m): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
I was there although I thought they were more of a menace they memory zooming past cars and obstructing traffic not excluding noise pollution. But it was a colorful scene and very captivating especially with the ladies on the bikes. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by gaussy(m): 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hopely I can be part of the crew next year....Easyriders I see you guys smiley
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by yuzjet(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
So, u guys were the one i saw biking round my city? Really cool!!!!
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by gaussy(m): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
Mine while power bikes for sale here www. afrobikers. wordpress. com

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Mznaett: 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
I get sayang machine o
I fit join 2? undecided

Afterall,bike nd machine na still d same tin
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by madgoat(m): 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nice one guys... I would really luv to own a powerbike.
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Oya, letz shakiti bobo.
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Onyiido: 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
bamisine:
where is Charlie Boy?
On his way from abj
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Onyiido: 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
canalily:
See one of them runninggrin
Silly u shocked
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by bummyla(m): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
Well Done oooooh! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by watchindelta(m): 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
I see notin here

1 Like

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Ignyte(m): 11:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
These bikes 'nearly' make sense... My elder bro got his custom two wheels from Arewa Customz Autos... google them or check their facebook page.. They customise everything from cars to bikes to helmets to bicycles... they are like the 'love-vendor my ride of Africa'

WARNING: They are not cheap

1 Like

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
MotoringNigeria:
Hello guys, I know that most of y'all have been itching to see pictures from the last biker converge in Abeokuta. Well here it is.

Cc @: kelvine oblo
Skillfullulu oIo
dumo1 tunergy
Shagati
Sorry for the late delivery, that's your eyes should be the first to see this package...lol

The sweet smell of racing fuel combined with thunderous music from fire spitting power bike engines slit through the silent atmosphere of Abeokuta city...what a weekend!!!

grin

Okay now.
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by shegsrules(m): 11:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
Of all na bikers d educate on road safety rules, hmmm i pity those dem educate

1 Like

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
Good! I hope there is a lot of bikers' club in Nigeria. That's what I am talking about! Some Nigerians are trying to learn something about modern world while there are those who want to remain primitive. Bunch of idiots!

2 Likes

Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by hollowpot15684(m): 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
Cha cha, ochara machine gun...
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Skillfullulu(m): 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
EgunMogaji:

grin
Okay now.
. U sabi me @ egunmogaji
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 04, 2015
Skillfullulu:
. U sabi me @ egunmogaji

I no sabi u at all. I sabi exaggerated stories though grin
Re: Bikers Converge Abeokuta, A Huge Success!!! by watzisname: 5:53am On Aug 04, 2015
MotoringNigeria:
* From left, LS, Biker Queen, Apple and Big Dee.

* Little Monsters
even bajaj motorcycle dey there.. so if na okada you get you fit join

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout Trucks Produced By ANAMMCO For Dangote - Photos / Sinkhole Swallows A Car At Parking Lot In India (Video) / 7 Cars With Absolutely Ugly Interior You Wouldn’t Even Like To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.