Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Is Time Machine Possible? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is Time Machine Possible? (970 Views)

Time Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Time Machine Possible? by Ramos16(m): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2015
I know a lot of you will look at this and just pass it, but take your time and read this article http://49aija..com/2015/08/time-machine.html, I feel that time machine is possible, I have been convinced and I have no doubt whatsoever, What do you guys think?

1 Share

Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by Esdb3: 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
I think so. But we can't say since NWO won't let us know how advanced we are exactly.
Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
Okay . . . so this is actually ten twenty five . . . I'm late to a time travel thread. grin

Anyway, I am not keen on time travel at all. In fact, I think the technology is rather impossible and the people below me have stressed enough reasons.

What we see when we look up at the night sky is not time travel. Yes, we can look at the past in real time, but this is simply a consequence of distance. Light is merely a wave. Just as sound is a wave. It takes time for it to travel.
When you look up at the night sky, you are not seeing the past. No . . . you are seeing a picture of the past. Just like you see a picture of the past when you watch the news or a movie. Those things have already happened. You are only viewing them.

Hence, with this logic, in the future, it will only be possible to look into the past. Not travel into it.

Don't even let me mention the grandfather paradox. Or the constant particle paradox. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by RobinHez(m): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
*modified*

I read the article on the blog...I couldn't find a concrete reason for a time machine.

Well...truth be told, we actually travel in time; at the normal rate of 1second per second or 1hour per hour...but can we travel faster than that or slower than that? That is what a time machine will try to achieve.

Based on Einstein's Theory of relativity, we can travel into the future if we're able to get close to the speed of light. And that somehow achievable with spaceships and all that, Like the recent mission to Pluto which took off 9years ago from earth..its the fastest ever spaceship (I stand to be corrected sha) it was able to journey to pluto that fast (yeah...9 earth yrs is fast) due to the velocity with which it was moving...I can say New Horizon actually Journeyed into the future as it will take 4.5hrs of any information from it to get to us..I.e. Its ahead of us!

..But going back to the past is somewhat Impossible and dangerous too lipsrsealed as we would have to be faster than the speed of light! And dat feat...I dunno if it can ever materialize.

*Passes the mic to the next speaker*

1 Like

Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by Ramos16(m): 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
RobinHez:
*modified*

I read the article on the blog...I couldn't find a concrete reason for a time machine.

Well...truth be told, we actually travel in time; at the normal rate of 1second per second or 1hour per hour...but can we travel faster than that or slower than that? That is what a time machine will try to achieve.

Based on Einstein's Theory of relativity, we can travel into the future if we're able to get close to the speed of light. And that somehow achievable with spaceships and all that, Like the recent mission to Pluto which took off 9years ago from earth..its the fastest ever spaceship (I stand to be corrected sha) it was able to journey to pluto that fast (yeah...9 earth yrs is fast) due to the velocity with which it was moving...I can say New Horizon actually Journeyed into the future as it will take 4.5hrs of any information from it to get to us..I.e. Its ahead of us!

..But going back to the past is somewhat Impossible and dangerous too lipsrsealed as we would have to be faster than the speed of light! And dat feat...I dunno if it can ever materialize.

*Passes the mic to the next speaker*

Well I understand you very well, and I also understand the blog, you see the blog was not actually saying that there is a time machine, it is giving a reason why a time machine is possible, because it is embedded in the nature of the universe itself. The blog is saying that time travel is not mere fiction, and that is what I agree with. because I recently watched a talk by a NASA scientist, and he was just in line with the blog. After reading the article and watching the video by NASA, I felt a kind of inspiration I have never felt before.

The article, yes, does not explain how time travel is going to be, but it gives inspiration to know that mother universe time travels.
Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by johnydon22(m): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
[b]In General Relativity Time and Speed are relative, Just like RobinHez mentioned if we can achieve the speed of light then we can achieve time travels to the future but yet again Law of General relativity shows us how this is impossible.

E=MC2 E= energy, M= Mass and C= constant (the speed of light in a vacuum)

This simple equation shows that that a body in motion accumulates more mass the faster it goes and the faster it goes the four times the energy in needs. 2

So if a body achieves the speed of light 299,792,458m/s The mass will run at an infinite level and so it is impossible to achieve the amount of energy that can power such mass at that speed, so the speed of light is practically impossible to man.

But yet again, The theory of relativity predicts a point in the cosmos where time, gravity and speed are interwoven that a body can pass through it and emerge at another point billions of light years away or future in a matter of seconds.. THE WORMHOLE or Einstein Rosen bridge.

Remarkably the ancient Vikings spoke about such points that the Gods used to visit man from their own realm Asgard which they called The Bifrost.

Even though the calculations in the theory of relativity predicts a wormhole it is of course still hypothetical as none have been observed or discovered yet, but researchers are still keeping their fingers crossed, some even proposed that some dark matters may actually be wormholes.

So i am still really skeptical about man achieving Time travel because of the herculean variables that are before us, maybe man can learn to construct the future by analyzing and predicting correctly but time travel i really doubt.

Even if wormholes are observed first hand and are artificially reconstructed here, i think the energy needed to stabilize such devices can tear up the earth or wear down our gravitational force totally and that would be most catastrophic. . .Anyway let us keep looking to the future with hope, am still yet to find a limit to what we can achieve
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by johnydon22(m): 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
Cc. Seun lalasticlala ishilove can we please get scientific topics to the front page starting with this . .

1 Like

Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by Delusiongirl20(f): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
johnydon22:
Cc. Seun lalasticlala ishilove can we please get scientific topics to the front page starting from this . .

What is time machine.
Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by johnydon22(m): 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
Delusiongirl20:

What is time machine.
Time machine is a HYPOTHETICAL device that can transport someone into the future or in some cases back in time.

Read my first reply to the post and see how possible and impossible it can be going from the theory of relativity

I love your mind, you have a very sound healthy interest in knowledge...Keep it up dear

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
am currently lost in cloud 9.
Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by tartar9(m): 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
if its possible why have no one ever visited us from the future.time only moves in one direction,its only possible going to the future i.e fastforwading and slowing down your time frame and never going back in time moreover it will violate the law of causation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by Ramos16(m): 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
I think there is a problem with time-travel, something called the grand fathers paradox I think, where a man travels back in time and kills his grand father, so that he is never born, then what happens to the man's current existence, does he disappear or does he continue to live, certain issues like this are reasons why scientist say time travel is not possible
Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by Ramos16(m): 9:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
tartar9:
if its possible why have no one ever visited us from the future.time only moves in one direction,its only possible going to the future i.e fastforwading and slowing down your time frame and never going back in time moreover it will violate the law of causation.

Geeeeez, these is properly thought out, I totally love what you just said, you are right you know... sooooo right
Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 04, 2015
I think if we ever travel to the past or the future, we would actually end up in an alternate reality (universe?) where the timeline there is either behind or ahead of our own TIMELINE.
Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by CyberSyringe: 7:06am On Aug 04, 2015
It should be possible to go back in time based on the maths, but time seems to move forward only.
Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by youngelder(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
Time machine is theoretically impossible. Lets analyse it as thus..
When you go back in time to the past, is it that the events would be re-happening again but with you as spectator?
Also, you cant go to the future cause its empty. it has not happened yet.

1 Like

Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by paranorman(m): 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hehehehe.. This is why I love science!

You wanna travel to the future or past?!
Pause.. Think deep.. Wait a sec..
Again I ask, do you know the meaning of 'travelling'(in the context of human resoning)?
Do you really understand what 'time' means(same context of human reasoniing)?

Time. Time. Time!

Even is you move at a speed twice that of light, you cannot travel to the future or past, certainly not in our dimension of time and space.

time is ultimate. The scientific equations are not enough, not even close to give us a clue.
Our dimension has limits and we that live in such dimension commot exceeds its 'barriers'.
To time travel, we will have to live another dimension and exist in a unique state..
Funny how we human-beings try to substantiate/quantify all things realtive to our understanding to ease up measurement. We forget the 'quality' of existence.
All equations, computations, e.t.c are all based on 'quatity'.

We left out 'quality' but its not our fault, we still have limited knowledge, we might not get there.

Human has always been susceptible to errros since time immemorial. No wonder we have error analysis/management/reduction. So I ask, what if all knowledge if science we have is just a specsky little insignificant something compared to the main things?
What if we have errors in our error analysis? Hehehehe.
You create a code, it has a bug. You never knew. You discovered it, fixed. Then rediscover another bug. The process continues and you never got rid of them bugs. But the code does what you programme it to do.

What if all our scientific equations all have bugs? Hehehe.. Though, we get the results from them in applications. Error, error, error.
Pity mankind.
To time travel, perfection is non-negotiable.

I wanna ask a question: can something be created out of nothing?

Which leads to the second question

How was light created?
We all have estimate of earth's age. Read lots of amazing arguments/hypotheses about the creation of the universe. Even computer simulations have bn created. Everything has a beginning(in human logic), doesn't it? Can something be created out of nothing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Time Machine Possible? by Funpeter: 6:28am On Aug 05, 2015
paranorman:
Hehehehe.. This is why I love science!

You wanna travel to the future or past?!
Pause.. Think deep.. Wait a sec..
Again I ask, do you know the meaning of 'travelling'(in the context of human resoning)?
Do you really understand what 'time' means(same context of human reasoniing)?

Time. Time. Time!

Even is you move at a speed twice that of light, you cannot travel to the future or past, certainly not in our dimension of time and space.

time is ultimate. The scientific equations are not enough, not even close to give us a clue.
Our dimension has limits and we that live in such dimension commot exceeds its 'barriers'.
To time travel, we will have to live another dimension and exist in a unique state..
Funny how we human-beings try to substantiate/quantify all things realtive to our understanding to ease up measurement. We forget the 'quality' of existence.
All equations, computations, e.t.c are all based on 'quatity'.

We left out 'quality' but its not our fault, we still have limited knowledge, we might not get there.

Human has always been susceptible to errros since time immemorial. No wonder we have error analysis/management/reduction. So I ask, what if all knowledge if science we have is just a specsky little insignificant something compared to the main things?
What if we have errors in our error analysis? Hehehehe.
You create a code, it has a bug. You never knew. You discovered it, fixed. Then rediscover another bug. The process continues and you never got rid of them bugs. But the code does what you programme it to do.

What if all our scientific equations all have bugs? Hehehe.. Though, we get the results from them in applications. Error, error, error.
Pity mankind.
To time travel, perfection is non-negotiable.

I wanna ask a question: can something be created out of nothing?

Which leads to the second question

How was light created?
We all have estimate of earth's age. Read lots of amazing arguments/hypotheses about the creation of the universe. Even computer simulations have bn created. Everything has a beginning(in human logic), doesn't it? Can something be created out of nothing?
Yes something can be created out of nothing ,most things created werent existing before but was discover by individual or group of people.

(1) (Reply)

Latest MTN Free Call To All Network / Best Broadband Connection In Madhapur | Bharat Fibernet / Are There Really Laws Of Physics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.