Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Does Islam Have Female Preachers? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Islam Have Female Preachers? (1589 Views)

Does Islam Forbids Contraceptive Pills? / Does Islam Have Ten Commandments? / How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by emmanuel596(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Am Emmanu3l kings by name am a christian and I grew up in the hands of Muslims and I even attended islamia (the children Islamic school) and since I was I child I never saw or heard any wazi (preaching) by a female and It's pushing me to ask and be more educated if Islam has female preachers and if any one can help me with some of their audios/videos...
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by Delusiongirl20(f): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
emmanuel596:
Am Emmanu3l kings by name am a christian and I grew up in the hands of Muslims and I even attended islamia (the children Islamic school) and since I was I child I never saw or heard any wazi (preaching) by a female and It's pushing me to ask and be more educated if Islam has female preachers and if any one can help me with some of their audios/videos...

misogyny is one of the main tenets of Islamism. They should even allow women to enjoy their freedom as human let alone preaching.
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by lekankolade(m): 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
u should have asked dis question and even more while u was still at dat Islamic school u claimed u attended...
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by An2elect2(f): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
Wetin concern u
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
emmanuel596:

Nope islam does not allow preaching by women. In iszlam women are second class citizens to be see and not heard.
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by Demmzy15(m): 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jagoon:

Nope islam does not allow preaching by women. In iszlam women are second class citizens to be see and not heard.
Does Christianity allow female preachers?! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by emmanuel596(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Demmzy15:

There are millions of female christian preachers all over the world and they perform endless sings and wonders through Christ who strengthens them
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by trapQ: 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
yes it does and there are sooooo many. God even worked many miracles through some eg Kathryn kulman
Demmzy15:

Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by johnydon22(m): 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
[b]Even tho the bible expressly is against women teaching (preaching) in the assembly, Christianity tend to evolve pass that misogynistic level and still is evolving as we can see of recent Anglicans now ordain female bishops, Christianity has been a religion that is always evolving and try in a little way to keep up with time and women are still striving to gain more rights like some Anglican female priests also want the Christian God concept to also start being addressed with a feminine character instead of the masculine character it has been portrayed with since it first emerged..

Talk about Misogynistic dogma and blatant Chauvinism at it's peak then you will see Islam. . Islam has ever kept it's adherent in the Medieval ages even though we are in the 21st century now, they whole ideology seem to only revolve around the idea of an ancient sun baked arab man that saw women more or less a property or sex object.

The discrimination against women is very clear for all to see and the male dominance is just plain silly and barbaric to the extent that a girl who is raped in Saudi is also punished for going out alone. Even though most Islamic women has resigned to this stupendous ideology that they rarely complain, they have accepted their fate and live with it.

Though many are bright enough to fight back and speak up like Malala Yousufzai.

Until women in Islam learn to speak up for their own rights and learn to strive to archive even a little bit of freedom or equality, they will always be abused and treated as they are being treated now, their silence is being taken as complicity.

And until the islamic men learn to evolve with the world and learn that we are no longer in the middle ages and it is foolish to let the ideas of an old dead ancient arab man run their lives, they will always appear archaic and their life style will always be a thing of shame for the 21st century world. .

Cc. Mariesucre i guess you are needed here.
[/b]

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by Demmzy15(m): 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
emmanuel596:

There are millions of female christian preachers all over the world and they perform endless sings and wonders through Christ who strengthens them
trapQ:
yes it does and there are sooooo many. God even worked many miracles them

Now what does the bible say about this?!
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by emmanuel596(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
The bible says women should not speak in the assembly (that's places of worship) that anything they don't understand they should ask their husbands at home
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by MarieSucre(f): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
Both religions are patriarchal in nature. But Islam seems to be way patriarchal than Christianity as it is practiced in the 21st century. I won't go too deep but here are some examples culled from the traditions of Islam.

* Through out the quran only one woman is mentioned by name, Maryam bint Imran wife of Yusuf and mother of anabi E'esa(as) or Mary mother of Jesus. The Bible of course lists the names and stories of numerous women.

--We all know the symbolism of a name or what the acknowledgment of a name means in our society. Its is an identity. There was a video on YouTube of how Egyptian young men and others of muslim-arab heritage refused to tell their peers their mothers name for fear of dishonour. #mymothersnameis started to trend in response to encourage pride in that unique identifier. Should we say Quranic tradition influenced this?

*The Quran claims to revere and believe in the message of all the biblical prophets. Yet it does not have a single female prophet. The bible references about 13 prophetess, with about 7 alone in the old testament. The most popular being Deborah.

johnydonn22

*note* my observations are taken straight from the texts. And I am very familiar with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by MarieSucre(f): 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
And yes. To answer your question Islam does permit female teachers but they are to teach only other women. There are female Hafizas who are usually aided by other females and female maulanas are employed by strict families who want to enforce purdah(segregation) for their daughters to learn Qari(quranic recitation).

johnydon22 trust me you don't want to meet one of these girls. Anti-sociality wan killed dem?
How is your August going?
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by basilico: 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2015
Umar bin Al-Khattab's Involvement[edit ]
Narrated 'Aisha: The wives of the Prophet used to go
to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at
Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar
used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be
veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night
Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet went out at
'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed
her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He
said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-
Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women)
may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-
Hijab" (A complete body cover excluding the eyes).

Umar suggested to Muhammad that a revelation be brought down forcing women to cover. Allah did not disappoint his prophet.

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Revelation_of_the_Hijab

In the masjid (mosque) a female preacher dressed like Chinese ninja preaching? Feel like letting out a silent fart very smelly at that idea
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by johnydon22(m): 7:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
MarieSucre:

johnydon22 trust me you don't want to meet one of these girls. Anti-sociality wan killed dem?
How is your August going?
My august is going great, Actually i have dated a muslim girl. Very beautiful and sweet girl**Covers eyes** and i even intended marrying her but i knew it was impossible because of her father's attitude and he was even an alhaji. . .

I think he nearly found out about us though because it was at my uncle's neighbourhood in lag, i would have been a dead meat if he found out we ate the apple wink. . . She's still on my mind tho, but distance, tribe, religion is a biatch

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by basilico: 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
johnydon22:
My august is going great, Actually i have dated a muslim girl. Very beautiful and sweet girl**Covers eyes** and i even intended marrying her but i knew it was impossible because of her father's attitude and he was even an alhaji. . .

I think he nearly found out about us though because it was at my uncle's neighbourhood in lag, i would have been a dead meat if he found out we ate the apple wink. . . She's still on my mind tho, but distance, tribe, religion is a biatch

@jonyhdon If you 'ate' a Muslim without converting to their faith fake murderous religion a fatwa can be issued A Muslim woman can only be married by a Muslim man which means you have to convert to that Muslim faith.
Conversely a Muslim man can marry a non Muslim woman and maybe force her to convert. When the Muslim man goes on jihad for a long time he is allowed to rape any female he captures She does not need to wear that ninja outfit as long as she is a set slave who can be sold to the next jihad fighter. Aids hiv no problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by abduljabbar4(m): 3:34am On Aug 04, 2015
Jagoon:

Truthman2013.
I told you they do nothing but fabricate lies against Islam. Where is the useless lieman2012 who claimed there is nothing credible in Islam to lie about
Re: Does Islam Have Female Preachers? by abduljabbar4(m): 3:38am On Aug 04, 2015
I have said it severally that christians hardly mind their business but let me answer the op. Yes, women are allowed to preach.

(1) (Reply)

People Claiming to be Muslims Launch Gay-friendly, Women-led Worship Places / See Wat Nigerian Muslims Did After Face Of Dead Islamic Scholar Appeared On Pole / Obama A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.