Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,352 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread (8133 Views)

Lincoln Confirms New China-Made SUV To Suit Local Consumers / Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. / Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:25am On Aug 19, 2017
hairyman:
Whats the maintenance cost of a 2013 ford Taurus like? Any known issues?

Ford Taurus 2012 - 2015 have no single issue, they only require lubrication/basic service, moreover they are Ford late built, so depreciation is reasonable low, an estimation of 1%.

Communication- 07069191035 or 08089670554
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:27am On Aug 23, 2017
Ford manufacturer's recommended engine oil doesn't dry or reduce while running the car rigorously.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:14am On Aug 25, 2017
Avoid the use of various sides brake fluid, it will react with the seals and damage the Brake's master cylinder.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2017
When the a/c is off, car Interior temperature can be high, have the vent control system checked by adjusting to the proper direction or replace the faulty component.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
People are disappointed with their cars a/c working and diminishes always and finally say, there are no competent a/c technicians. Unlike Ford, you don't go through this unpleasant issue of a/c.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 4:59am On Sep 13, 2017
E350 is very suitable in all areas, despite the fact that the engine is electronically managed is not complicated means open loop pcm(brain box) needs no programming. The mechanical components are durable and the suspension last long like donkey years even as they encounter rough roads.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by smellingmenses: 11:32am On Sep 13, 2017
Femtopford:
E350 is very suitable in all areas, despite the fact that the engine is electronically managed is not complicated means open loop pcm(brain box) needs no programming. The mechanical components are durable and the suspension last long like donkey years even as they encounter rough roads.
Lies. Engr Femi you know these claims are not true.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 6:25am On Sep 16, 2017
smellingmenses:

Lies. Engr Femi you know these claims are not true.

How do you mean. Have you had any at your disposal. You need a cogent proof to convince the house and the public that those claims aren't true about my superb Ford E350 else you deserve a query.

Awaiting your response.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 6:40am On Sep 24, 2017
Oxygen sensor is a paizo resistor that helps in correction of carbon(ii)oxide in the exhaust gas constituents which is poisonous to human health and also destroys atmospheric ozone layer.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by honmusa(m): 10:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
Femtopford:
Oxygen sensor is a paizo resistor that helps in correction of carbon(ii)oxide in the exhaust gas constituents which is poisonous to human health and also destroys atmospheric ozone layer.
Haba !!!

Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2017
flootintin:
Please, how do I approach to these issues. Vehicle model is Ford Windstar 2000. Issues are (1) At acceleration of 3000 RPM or above, smooth transmission change from 1 - 2. In traffic with 1500 - 2000 RPM, a slight jerk is experienced shifting from 1 - 2. (2) Fuel economy drastically reduced from 18mpg recommended to about 8mpg based on my calculation. What do I deal with to avoid kazeemization of engine. Please enlighten.

Scan the vehicle and send the fault codes to me
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by funso77(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2017
flootintin:
Please, how do I approach to these issues. Vehicle model is Ford Windstar 2000. Issues are (1) At acceleration of 3000 RPM or above, smooth transmission change from 1 - 2. In traffic with 1500 - 2000 RPM, a slight jerk is experienced shifting from 1 - 2. (2) Fuel economy drastically reduced from 18mpg recommended to about 8mpg based on my calculation. What do I deal with to avoid kazeemization of engine. Please enlighten.

Great work so far Sir, thank God we have qualified technicians like u amongst us to solve our various problems. I do share the same issue above on my Windstar, same model and when scanned it returned the codes P0135 and P0155, having to do with Oxygen sensors but my fear is after, changing d sensors though would it help d fuel consumption at least reducing it coz I use up to N7K fuel for a distance of about 315km on mine, 3.8L V6 Engine and d mileage runs like a counting machine
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:17am On Dec 06, 2017
funso77:

Great work so far Sir, thank God we have qualified technicians like u amongst us to solve our various problems. I do share the same issue above on my Windstar, same model and when scanned it returned the codes P0135 and P0155, having to do with Oxygen sensors but my fear is after, changing d sensors though would it help d fuel consumption at least reducing it coz I use up to N7K fuel for a distance of about 315km on mine, 3.8L V6 Engine and d mileage runs like a counting machine

Due to the model of the vehicle, it's 80% possible that the O2 sensors are bad, but try and satisfy by a competent Auto-Electrician that the voltage to the sensors and signer return from the PCM are good to standard without open/short/partial circuit of the wires and connector. Then replacing the sensors, you are good to go.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:41am On Dec 08, 2017
Ford f150 is highly efficient on farm land and remote area, its 4WD is a positive lock that easily pull out the vehicle from sand and swamp.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2018
Ford headlamps have high durability, mostly last till the lifespan of the vehicle. It's hardly occur that you replace them.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 9:03am On Jan 27, 2018
Abiding be the recommended engine oil for ford increases the durability of the engine VCT assembly.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 7:32am On Feb 06, 2018
Ford Escape ignition coils should be cross examined during routine service to prevent PCM damage.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 9:20am On Feb 23, 2018
Ford manufacturer's recommend engine oil doesn't dry or reduces while running the car rigorously
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 6:26am On Mar 06, 2018
Avoid the use of various sides brake fluid, it will react with the seals and damage the master cylinder.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by phemolala07(m): 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
Femtopford:
Avoid the use of various sides brake fluid, it will react with the seals and damage the master cylinder.
check engine symbol light was displayed on my dashboard on my way out dis evening(ford focus 2001) wat does it mean or hw can it be turn off??
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 6:21am On Mar 07, 2018
[quote author=phemolala07 post=65620994]
check engine symbol light was displayed on my dashboard on my way out dis evening(ford focus 2001) wat does it mean or hw can it be turn off?? [/quote

Check engine symbol light (EOD light) electronic on-board diagnosis. It's powertrain fault indication. Scan the vehicle to pinpoint the fault then rectify. The light will turn of automatically ]
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by dalof2000: 5:59am On Mar 08, 2018
Hello, Am having transmission problem with my 2003 ford expedition, is there any way you can help please? you can reach me at ojibodu@gmail.com
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by ogmask: 12:00am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello Femtopford, I have a myriad of problems with my 2007 explorer. If I install the recommended 235x65R18 on all wheels is makes serious axles noise like the axles are damaged. The transmission also becomes very rough and aggressive. But when I changed front right to 235x65R18 and rear left to 245x60R18 it drove like new.
I have driven the fuel to empty several times. And I drive lots of times with the low fuel light on. Right now the consumption is crazy. The engine started working abnormally lately.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 6:37am On Mar 09, 2018
ogmask:
Hello Femtopford, I have a myriad of problems with my 2007 explorer. If I install the recommended 235x65R18 on all wheels is makes serious axles noise like the axles are damaged. The transmission also becomes very rough and aggressive. But when I changed front right to 235x65R18 and rear left to 245x60R18 it drove like new.
I have driven the fuel to empty several times. And I drive lots of times with the low fuel light on. Right now the consumption is crazy. The engine started working abnormally lately.

Yes, the axles are damaged, in the axle is the final drive connecting the rotational force to the road wheels(tyres) from transmission/transfer case output via the propeller shaft.

AXLE RATIO PROBLEM - the rear left sun gear in the axle final drive is worn, on dividing the rotational force into ratio of the two sun gears, the worn out gear makes heavy 'noise

The replacement of tyre size substitute for the micro clearance of the worn out gear due to it's rotational ratio and its planning with the road (frictional force).

Replace the axle to first grade and the problem will subside..

The fuel consumption, scan the vehicle and get to the root, more over the problem with your axle and tyres along with road friction can also contribute to fuel consumption in a little percentage (aerodynamic problem).
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Mueeze(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hello.

Do you have a physical workshop? If you do can you share your address. Also, can you help diagnose a Ford Escape 2005 at a dealer shop and give your verdict before purchasing it?
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
Mueeze:
Hello.

Do you have a physical workshop? If you do can you share your address. Also, can you help diagnose a Ford Escape 2005 at a dealer shop and give your verdict before purchasing it?

Yes, a standard Ford workshop, also diagnostic procedure is being carried out with comprehensive verdict in an outside the workshop across the country.

Call these no : 07069191035, 08089670554.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 7:56am On Mar 20, 2018
[quote author=dalof2000 post=65653981]Hello, Am having transmission problem with my 2003 ford expedition, is there any way you can help please? you can reach me at ojibodu@gmail.com
[/quote

Highly sorry, an overnight. You can call 07069191035 or 08089670554
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:17am On May 02, 2018
when car A/C is off, car interior temperature could be high, have the vent control checked by adjusting to the proper direction or replace the faulty component in the system.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:03am On May 08, 2018
people are disappointed with their cars A/C working and diminishing always, then finally say, "there are no competent A/C men", unlike Ford vehicles, you don't go through these unpleasant issues of A/C.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by shotuns: 7:42pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hello @femtopford. I'd like to ask if there is any whatsapp group/forum for Ford cars ?
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars Thread by Femtopford(m): 8:39am On Feb 26, 2019
shotuns:
Hello @femtopford. I'd like to ask if there is any whatsapp group/forum for Ford cars ?

Not yet, but It's already in plan to invent such forum .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Drive In A Foggy Harmattan Weather / My Car Is Overheating / Is Antifreeze The Radiator Coolant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.