Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,630 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. (3459 Views)

Lincoln Unveils The Special-edition Continental With Suicide Doors. (PHOTOS) / See The 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Configurator Valued At 14.3million Naira / The 2018 Lincoln Aviator Is Indeed A Luxury SUV (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Femtopford(m): 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
Ford Explorer 2002-2009 transmission fault P07xx doesn't really imply a defective transmission transaxle. Inspect the fluid and replace according to specifications.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by derayo90: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
please i need advice on ford flex 2010 and lexus gx470 2006 i wanted to buy a new car.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Femtopford(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2019
derayo90:
please i need advice on ford flex 2010 and lexus gx470 2006 i wanted to buy a new car.

All you need to know about Ford flex 2010. very rugged body , installed with 3.5 litres engine same as ford edge engine and transmission 2007- 2010.

It's reliable and good option

1 Like

Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Freetech: 11:31am On Feb 08, 2020
Hello please u need your help about my ford galaxy. Anytime I disengaged the gear or when it's descending a hill, the go high sometime@ 3 instead of 1.

At idle it consumes lot of fuel, noisy and cause the engine to heat up.

What do I need to do or change? Airflow meter - complete or just the nozzle, any sensor or other components to change and look into?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by blackbone989(m): 12:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
Is Ford Explorer a good car 2004/2005 model. How economical is it
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Femtopford(m): 11:06am On Feb 14, 2020
Freetech:
Hello please u need your help about my ford galaxy. Anytime I disengaged the gear or when it's descending a hill, the go high sometime@ 3 instead of 1.

At idle it consumes lot of fuel, noisy and cause the engine to heat up.

What do I need to do or change? Airflow meter - complete or just the nozzle, any sensor or other components to change and look into?

Thanks for your help.

The "3 instead of 1" you stated, you must had viewed that on the instrument cluster and it's neither 3 nor 1. In real practice, it's 3000 rev/min instead of 1000 rev/min according to your understanding.

In precision, the revolution of the engine at idle speed is 750 rev/min not 1000 rev/min.

The engine is already at high rev, only that the resultant force of the transmission load engaged counteracts the high rev. So the high rev pronounces at idle when ever you disengage the gear or descending the hill while you depress the brake pedal at engine idle.

CAUSE : Components of idle regulation of the engine due to depreciation or mishandling of idle regulator by technicians at high adjustment to cover up engine running irregularities.

Those components you mentioned in your last paragraph that you presumed to replace those are trials and errors. particularly the MAF (mass air flow), any little thing most technicians jump to MAF and start performing rubbish, it generally annoys me.

Please go for proper diagnosis and competent repair before replacing any parts.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by EzugoAmerica: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
Anything about Ford contact Mouaa at EAGLE CITI AUTOMOBILE NIG. We deliver the best spare parts for a range of manufacturers including Chrysler, Cadillac, Ford, Chevrolet, Jaguar, GMC, Dodge, Buick, Jeep-Cherokee, Lincoln, Ram and more. 
Block 11. Shop Nō 27, God Mercy Plaza,
Aguiyi Ironsi International Trade Center,
Ladipo Market, Mushin, Lagos State.
Tel: +2348035689653, +2348024512253
Email: duncharie@gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Femtopford(m): 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
blackbone989:
Is Ford Explorer a good car 2004/2005 model. How economical is it

Ford Explorer 04/05 4.0lits and 4.6lits are very reliable, the prices of their spare parts have dropped considerably in the market. once you achieve its efficient combustion process and optimum engine running by good and routine maintenance, it economises fuel.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by blackbone989(m): 10:17am On Feb 18, 2020
Compare with pilot 04 which is easier to maintain
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by manufacjob: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
@femtopford

My ford E150 bus is giving me serious issues.
Engine stops in motion.
Plug changed, brain box changed, fuel pump changed, injector nozzle changed, all to no avail.

Please what can you suggest I do?
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Femtopford(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2020
manufacjob:
@femtopford

My ford E150 bus is giving me serious issues.
Engine stops in motion.
Plug changed, brain box changed, fuel pump changed, injector nozzle changed, all to no avail.

Please what can you suggest I do?

You've already replaced almost all the active components of the engine on the procedure of trials and errors by your mechanic, it meant that those components you changed were not bad.

So,, your mechanic at this moment needs his cool mind to diagnose to precision and repair to competence.

All I can suggest is for you to rescan and send the code here to assist in the rectification. or you join our Ford families
group where we come together to resolve each of our member's ford vehicle.
NOTE: Not mandatory to join, only if you wish, then you can come to this line - : 07069191035.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by ErnieUC(m): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
I have a 1999 E150 ford Bus and I need to change the key as it has spoilt. Does any one have this and how much can I get it for. I do not have time to import it.

Femtopford:

You've already replaced almost all the active components of the engine on the procedure of trials and errors by your mechanic, it meant that those components you changed were not bad.

So,, your mechanic at this moment needs his cool mind to diagnose to precision and repair to competence.

All I can suggest is for you to rescan and send the code here to assist in the rectification. or you join our Ford families
group where we come together to resolve each of our member's ford vehicle.
NOTE: Not mandatory to join, only if you wish, then you can come to this line - : 07069191035.

Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Femtopford(m): 8:52am On Aug 13, 2020
ErnieUC:
I have a 1999 E150 ford Bus and I need to change the key as it has spoilt. Does any one have this and how much can I get it for. I do not have time to import it.

please come to our ford vehicles WhatsApp section, for transaction cannot be done here 07069191035
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by ericuzor(m): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2020
But gx470 have better ground clearance
Femtopford:

All you need to know about Ford flex 2010. very rugged body , installed with 3.5 litres engine same as ford edge engine and transmission 2007- 2010.

It's reliable and good option
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Femtopford(m): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2020
ericuzor:
But gx470 have better ground clearance

You might be right, am not disputing that. Ford Flex has it own advantages, what are in it aside the long wheel base, Engine, transmission, PCM(brain box) wiring system are simple Ford edge.
Secondly, check out the suspension, the diameter of the cylindrical struts, suspension arms, ball joints, anti roll bar etc, don't even mention, it necessitates someone to ride this in Nigerian roads.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by fescope: 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
The scan on my 2014 Ford Explorer returned P0420 & P0430. How much will the two new catalytic converters cost me? I have been told not to drive the car too. Please help a brother here.
In addition, my transmission is licking around the axle point. Although not dripping on the floor yet, the whole area is soaked with black oil and my guess is that the lick is from the PTU. I am also not sure about this. Thanks for your quick response.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Femtopford(m): 9:46am On Mar 16, 2021
fescope:
The scan on my 2014 Ford Explorer returned P0420 & P0430. How much will the two new catalytic converters cost me? I have been told not to drive the car too. Please help a brother here.
In addition, my transmission is licking around the axle point. Although not dripping on the floor yet, the whole area is soaked with black oil and my guess is that the lick is from the PTU. I am also not sure about this. Thanks for your quick response.

You're welcome sir !

First and foremost, who said you shouldn't drive your Explorer with the FAULT Catalyst low efficiency, am yet to comprehend what's wrong with all these people putting their long mouth into what they don't have single knowledge about, they would go to web site, read randomly and start giving unnecessary headaches to Ford owners with their rubbish information. I usually get furious hearing about all these wrong information and I need to calm down, because if I use any humiliating words now, people will say that femtopford has started with his troubles because he's ready to die for Ford, then I will be blamed and be blocked for 48 hours by the admin.

To be sincere, am tired of all these condemnation, they continue giving wrong information, I continue correcting on and on, but now I have to stop. If you really need the truth Sir, try and come to our Ford WhatsApp group, in the group are Ford owners that have used Ford at first hand and also had experience of any challenges you face on your own Ford, most of them have even become partial Vehicle experts, no one can just mislead them on Ford.

I don't normally analyze technology here anymore, because it's like a waste for the fact that wrong information about Ford is still spreading, please chat me up on this 07069191035, so that I will be able to add you to Ford owners, then I will give full analysis in the group to the slightest details about the catalyst of your Explorer so that others in the group can gain. The relation of the CATALYST FAULT TO OXYGEN SENSORS (heating resistors/ lambdas) TO PCM(brain box) TO FUEL/AIR/SPARK MANAGEMENT TO EXHAUSTED VALVES LEAD IN EXPELLING THE WASTE GAS/ CONTROL BACK PRESSURE BY THE CATALYST.

Am very sorry, I don't want to use any bad words for those people putting their ignorant mouths into the technologies. Sir please continue using your Ford explorer, the only thing I will apologise for is the issue of going against emission legislation which is one our conducts in SAE. Even in this our Nigeria how many vehicles passed emission test, virtually none.

Good day Sir.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Auskyd(m): 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2023
Boss I want to buy a ford Escape. This one is really neat and I'm buying from a direct user. Any advice?
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Femtopford(m): 6:56am On Mar 12, 2023
Auskyd:
Boss I want to buy a ford Escape. This one is really neat and I'm buying from a direct user. Any advice?

Irrespective of cleaniness or the body neatness, try to carry out comprehensive inspection of road test and diagnosis to ascertain its uptimal performance.
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by Auskyd(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2023
Femtopford:

Irrespective of cleaniness or the body neatness, try to carry out comprehensive inspection of road test and diagnosis to ascertain its uptimal performance.

Thank you so much. Anyone you could recommend to help with this?
Re: Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars : EXPLORER 2002-2009 TRANSMISSION. by nightwing(m): 12:09am On Mar 13, 2023

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Buy Your First Car / The All Powerful Mercedes AMG GLE Coupe SUV (photos) / Contact For Premium Batteries In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.