Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:00 AM

NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing (29344 Views)

Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures / Anambra Corper Gets Marriage Proposal On Her Passing Out Day (Photo) / NYSC:8 Things You Must Do Before Passing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2015
How to write CV skills.
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Skmoda360(m): 11:53am On Aug 05, 2015
Nice....that barbing especially if you are really good at it you can make more than 10k per day.
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by damiloladuke: 11:54am On Aug 05, 2015
you didn't include blogging

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY

1 Like

Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by mostyg(m): 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
Barbing? Do you mean hair cutting? Barbing does not mean hair cutting. A "Barber" is someone who cuts hair. Hair Salon or Barber's shop not 'barbing salon' is where hair is cut.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Sammyblaq(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
xreal:
I agree with all you listed, especially number 4, added to that is sewing.

My tailor makes hell of money than me, hanging around him during leisure time has made me meet 'people'.

Tailor oooo!
An telling you... am gonna make a move about it.
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Sammyblaq(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
xreal:
I agree with all you listed, especially number 4, added to that is sewing.

My tailor makes hell of money than me, hanging around him during leisure time has made me meet 'people'.

Tailor oooo!
Am telling you... am gonna make a move about it.
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Timbuktu14(m): 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
aboyaji:
Toilet key keeping

If you find yourself where there are too many persons closely living together, you can volunteer to be the toilet key keeper. Permission will be taken from you before anyone heads into the toilet for anything. And if it's a place where people pay to defecate, hmmm!!! You don hammer be that.
angry u don talk sense so? Omo olodo yi undecided
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Franchise21(m): 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
Martins301:
I will appreciate any good samaritan that can teach me how to drive. Help a brother please. I will be in Benin City from next tomorrow

Martins301
Benin City... Bring car make I teach u
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Timbuktu14(m): 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
kingspam75:
VERY HOT:- Enjoy New MTN Unlimited Data (Confirmed working) Must See:@Naijapl a y.n e t
Drop d cheat here. No carry us go anywhere abegi grin
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Tombrook0: 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
if you are in Lagos, I can teach you how to drive, contact me on 07061960316
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Timbuktu14(m): 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Franchise21:
Lwkmd! Op say him no get money go driving school....u wan mk hin go steal buy car?
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by jaybee(f): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Martins301:
If you missed the thread put up by Goldenheart on 8 things you must do before passing out from NYSC, you can read it HERE.

This thread is to highlight the skills you must learn, whether male or female, before you pass out from NYSC. Learning at least 2 of them will equip you for the hard life most ex-corpers are facing outside. Learn more than 5 of them and you won't think of searching for a job.

1. Computer/Internet
I just can't overemphasize this one. We are in 2015 not 1990. If you can't use a computer by now and you pass out from NYSC without learning the skill you are on a long thing. For your information, most companies are going digital and CVs are no longer written by hand. To build an online profile or even open an email, you need to know how to use a computer and the internet. Imagine some corpers will know how to chat on whatsapp but can't download the app through the internet. Some know how to use BBM, 2GO, WHATSAPP just name it but they don't know how use OPERAMINI to browse, search for information or carry out other important internet based activities that will enhance the career. Well, a word is enough for the wise.

2. Agriculture
Just choose any specific area whether rearing of animals or planting of crops and learn the in and out of it. You will have ample time to practice on a small scale especially if you are serving in a rural area. Who knows, agriculture may give you your first 1 million naira/dollar instead of one fairytale white coller job. The wise ones will understand. If you need ideas please run to Agriculture section of Nairaland. You will never regret doing so.

3. Driving
Many job opportunities have passed me by because I don't know how to drive. I wish I knew earlier, I would have learnt while I was serving. Now wey things don hard for me, how I go take learn am come be problem cos I can't afford a driving school. Thats my story, do you want your story to be a similar one? Make the right choice now. Learn to drive. Save something out of that tiny allowance and use it to learn. You won't regret doing so.

4. Barbing
Having this skill can fetch you some income while you await that big job that will change your story so please don't let it go.

5. Make Up
Ladies you suppose know na. Trust me, you can buy a hummer jeep if you learn this skill very well. Who no dey make up for Naija? Even Baba Buhari still dey make up. Imagine the money that lady is making. Go buy make up kit begin practice sharp sharp. Before one year you go don turn expert.

6. Shoe/Bag/Bead Making
Thank God we are no longer in the days of Baba Jonathan when people wore no shoes. As long as people wear shoes, carry bags and adorn themselves with beads, your services will always be needed. Do I need to expantiate more?

7. Cooking/Baking/Frying
This is the best opportunity to sharpen your curlinary skills. Go online and find out how to prepare any meal. Prepare small dishes that your alawee can carry and improve on yourself. Do you think people will start using moulded Eba to celebrate social events like marriages, birthdays, etc? Cakes! Cakes! Cakes! = Naira! Naira! Naira!

8. Public Speaking
Well if you have all these skill and you don't know how to sell it, thats a big problem on its own. I therefore encourage you to learn to interact well with people so as to sell or market yourself.

I hope you will utilize this information to your advantage. Experience is a good teacher, just pray not to be on the wrong side of the learning curve. Thanks.

Source: Martins301

Nice one. I may add:

* Learn a foreign Language - French, Chinese, Spanish

* Learn Marketing

* Learn consultancy
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Timbuktu14(m): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Tombrook0:

Good samaritan grin hope u don ready fix ur light wen e break? grin
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
aboyaji:
Toilet key keeping

If you find yourself where there are too many persons closely living together, you can volunteer to be the toilet key keeper. Permission will be taken from you before anyone heads into the toilet for anything. And if it's a place where people pay to defecate, hmmm!!! You don hammer be that.
Dude you are crazygrin
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by nocera(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
Firstly, I commend the writer for this piece. Secondly, I suggest that laundry or dry cleaning services, which benefits cannot be overemphasized be added to the list. This is one vocation that has helped many (including me) have that much needed extra cash for the very basic of neccessities. It doesn't cost any meaningful sum to set up. Some buckets, soaps with nice fragrance, laundry waterproofs, washing starch, stain removers, colour retainers (salt can be a substitute to this), non-corrosive detergent, and an appreciable skill in careful ironing (knowing how to control the temperature of the iron). Good day folks, I enjoy your posts and banters on this forum.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Missmossy(f): 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
I couldn't agree any better. Training of the hands for whatever skill goes a long way.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
Cool...I so wanna learn barbing...for a while now embarassed
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by otabuko(m): 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
Doxie69:
Op,elaborate more in that driving stuff,how does it help as regards to when you serving as a corper,am a prospective Batch B for this october 2015.Is it that the place you may apply for work will demand that you know how to move a car?
I lost a job before i submitted cos I didn't know how to drive....
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Franchise21:

Thanks bro buh I dnt have a car
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by emitheo(m): 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
bless u Op for this INFO

1 Like

Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Rapmoney(m): 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
Na this kind thread na e I dey like cheesy. Well done Op!!!
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by j4sure(m): 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
Martins301:
If you missed the thread put up by Goldenheart on 8 things you must do before passing out from NYSC, you can read it HERE.

This thread is to highlight the skills you must learn, whether male or female, before you pass out from NYSC. Learning at least 2 of them will equip you for the hard life most ex-corpers are facing outside. Learn more than 5 of them and you won't think of searching for a job.

1. Computer/Internet
I just can't overemphasize this one. We are in 2015 not 1990. If you can't use a computer by now and you pass out from NYSC without learning the skill you are on a long thing. For your information, most companies are going digital and CVs are no longer written by hand. To build an online profile or even open an email, you need to know how to use a computer and the internet. Imagine some corpers will know how to chat on whatsapp but can't download the app through the internet. Some know how to use BBM, 2GO, WHATSAPP just name it but they don't know how use OPERAMINI to browse, search for information or carry out other important internet based activities that will enhance the career. Well, a word is enough for the wise.

2. Agriculture
Just choose any specific area whether rearing of animals or planting of crops and learn the in and out of it. You will have ample time to practice on a small scale especially if you are serving in a rural area. Who knows, agriculture may give you your first 1 million naira/dollar instead of one fairytale white coller job. The wise ones will understand. If you need ideas please run to Agriculture section of Nairaland. You will never regret doing so.

3. Driving
Many job opportunities have passed me by because I don't know how to drive. I wish I knew earlier, I would have learnt while I was serving. Now wey things don hard for me, how I go take learn am come be problem cos I can't afford a driving school. Thats my story, do you want your story to be a similar one? Make the right choice now. Learn to drive. Save something out of that tiny allowance and use it to learn. You won't regret doing so.

4. Barbing
Having this skill can fetch you some income while you await that big job that will change your story so please don't let it go.

5. Make Up
Ladies you suppose know na. Trust me, you can buy a hummer jeep if you learn this skill very well. Who no dey make up for Naija? Even Baba Buhari still dey make up. Imagine the money that lady is making. Go buy make up kit begin practice sharp sharp. Before one year you go don turn expert.

6. Shoe/Bag/Bead Making
Thank God we are no longer in the days of Baba Jonathan when people wore no shoes. As long as people wear shoes, carry bags and adorn themselves with beads, your services will always be needed. Do I need to expantiate more?

7. Cooking/Baking/Frying
This is the best opportunity to sharpen your curlinary skills. Go online and find out how to prepare any meal. Prepare small dishes that your alawee can carry and improve on yourself. Do you think people will start using moulded Eba to celebrate social events like marriages, birthdays, etc? Cakes! Cakes! Cakes! = Naira! Naira! Naira!

8. Public Speaking
Well if you have all these skill and you don't know how to sell it, thats a big problem on its own. I therefore encourage you to learn to interact well with people so as to sell or market yourself.

I hope you will utilize this information to your advantage. Experience is a good teacher, just pray not to be on the wrong side of the learning curve. Thanks.

Source: Martins301
yeap i agree with u plus honestly
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Gab27: 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
Yahoo! Yahoo!! Nko?
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by OnyeEgo1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
Tombrook0:

Can u kindly drop a whatsapp number... I reside in ijanikin part of lagos... Is it feasible for u to teach me hence I am residing in dis part??
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Franchise21(m): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
Timbuktu14:
Lwkmd! Op say him no get money go driving school....u wan mk hin go steal buy car?
Maybe his parents hv car dat I can use in teaching him
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
What if you have gone to a driving school before and still need a car to perfect your driving skills? Like me I have been to a driving school, but I need a car to perfect my driving skills, else I tend to forget all what I have being taught.
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by PilotOz(m): 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
I think driving is a gud skill to learn... My course mate drives for GOD IS GOOD MOTORS during the holidays... #Anyways driving is not for everybody sha.. I just like it because of the independence it offers.. U dnt have to work under any intense supervision..
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by pocknoser: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
I see wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC Orientation Camps - Location And Addresses / #TeamEkiti C14: Those Posted To Ekiti State / Nasarawa Police Arrest Fake Corps Member In NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.