Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:23 AM

NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing (29341 Views)

Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures / Anambra Corper Gets Marriage Proposal On Her Passing Out Day (Photo) / NYSC:8 Things You Must Do Before Passing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
If I can do 5 out of 8 I think I'm good to go. grin
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Iykolysis: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Martins301:
I will appreciate any good samaritan that can teach me how to drive. Help a brother please. I will be in Benin City from next tomorrow

Martins301

Pls no offence, the text should read, "I will be in Benin the day after tomorrow" NOT "next tomorrow".
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
Iykolysis:

Pls no offence, the text should read, "I will be in Benin the day after tomorrow" NOT "next tomorrow".

Thanks. Correction taken. I will effect it nw.
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Yeecar(m): 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Ancientboy(m): 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by bamac(m): 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
Deejacy2:
What if you have gone to a driving school before and still need a car to perfect your driving skills? Like me I have been to a driving school, but I need a car to perfect my driving skills, else I tend to forget all what I have being taught.
wait till the money u dey save for that purpose to complete now
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by sule5727: 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
whizqueen:
if only sad sad angry
if only what?
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by GentleFrank(m): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
NYSC Members should take this information seriously so as to have something doing as soon as they pass out.

Let me add some more tips below ...

••• Follow this link and read FREE Business Guides on 13 profitable small scale Business ventures which you can start easily in Nigeria and earn your living »»» https://www.nairaland.com/2504970/free-profitable-business-guides-13#36642912

••• Cheers!!!
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Bigdreams(m): 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
This write-up is straight to the point.

It's a timely piece of advice for anyone who decides to heed it.
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by xreal: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sammyblaq:

Am telling you... am gonna make a move about it.

na so oo. grin
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by 1vid(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
A nice information, but is not a most for both sex(male and Female) bcus some of these skills are for male while some are for female. So, I suggest the male skills like barbing etc should go for the male.... Thanks.
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:41am On Aug 06, 2015
Martins301:
I will appreciate any good samaritan that can teach me how to drive. Help a brother please. I will be in Benin City from the day after tomorrow

Martins301
chaiii I am in ph not benin, but cos I wanted to learn how to drive, weneva I entered a commercial vehicle, I loved sitting at d front seat, so dat I can watch how d driver's match clutch, accelerator nd brake, it helped me a lot,I didn't say I am a graduate how can I learn from dis ppl dat didn't go to school,but I am someone dat loves learning nd I learn from everybody, nobody knows it all, God bless
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by Me2You225(f): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2015
am learning tailoring my dear no time , I dey package myself for future jare

3 Likes

Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by teambiz(f): 9:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
Skills to learn as a corper are many. Most times a lot of us don't get to work with our certificates after struggling through school. It makes so much sense to involve yourself in skill acquisition programme like I did. Take this analysis and thing about it.

Hard Analysis: Divide your salary by 30 days and see what you get ( i.e the number of days in a month and see the funny thing about your salary plan). For example (1) an average level 12 worker in the state government civil service earns #60,000, and this translates to #60,000 ÷30=#2,000 everyday. This is less than the amount made daily by an AVERAGE HAWKER in the city. (2) A FRESHLY EMPLOYED GRADUATE BANKER in most Nigerian BANKS earns an average of #120,000 monthly,so everyday you get #120,000÷30=#4000 as the daily value for your work life. By implication,this is less than the amount earned daily by an AVERAGE DRIVER in the city and in some villages. (3) If you are a FRESH GRADUATE EMPLOYEE in some oil companies, you earn an average of #300,000 monthly. So in a day your work value is #300,000 ÷30=#10,000m this is less than the daily amount earned by an IRRIGATION FARMER supplying vegetable to lagos MARKETS, TIPPER CAR driver supplying sand for three block industries and construction site just 3 times a day and DRIVERS of DANGOTE TRUCKS who have bought off the trucks at scrap value and are using them to convey products between villages and the cities for just five business owners. Hope by now, it is sinking in right? And when there is an issue in the family that requires FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, the DRIVERS,HAWKERS and the rest are looking up to you with WHITE COLLAR JOB. (4) If you are an NYSC MEMBER, you don't need to be told that #19,000÷30=#660 is your worth on a daily basis. I hope you know that PURE WATER SELLERS who owns a shop, a PEPPER SOUP JOINT and a small TOYOTA COROLLA CAR to distribute pure water to five restaurants earn more than you and WHEEL BARROW PUSHERS working on contract with three ware houses probably make more money than you each day. We shouldn't end at satisfactions from these earnings. We should be more proactive, create room for more income and strive to diversify our streams of income. I've never worked but I earn my cash in my business I learnt to grow. Don't depend on government or company. Be Your own boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by teambiz(f): 9:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
I'm a fashion designer, I bake, I cook for people and I'm being paid. So no corper should be lazy waiting for a white collar job. You fit meet me for tutorials too. I love busy corpers.
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by stephano100(m): 7:19am On Feb 18, 2016
Martins301:
If you missed the thread put up by Goldenheart on 8 things you must do before passing out from NYSC, you can read it HERE.

This thread is to highlight the skills you must learn, whether male or female, before you pass out from NYSC. Learning at least 2 of them will equip you for the hard life most ex-corpers are facing outside. Learn more than 5 of them and you won't think of searching for a job.

1. Computer/Internet
I just can't overemphasize this one. We are in 2015 not 1990. If you can't use a computer by now and you pass out from NYSC without learning the skill you are on a long thing. For your information, most companies are going digital and CVs are no longer written by hand. To build an online profile or even open an email, you need to know how to use a computer and the internet. Imagine some corpers will know how to chat on whatsapp but can't download the app through the internet. Some know how to use BBM, 2GO, WHATSAPP just name it but they don't know how use OPERAMINI to browse, search for information or carry out other important internet based activities that will enhance the career. Well, a word is enough for the wise.

2. Agriculture
Just choose any specific area whether rearing of animals or planting of crops and learn the in and out of it. You will have ample time to practice on a small scale especially if you are serving in a rural area. Who knows, agriculture may give you your first 1 million naira/dollar instead of one fairytale white coller job. The wise ones will understand. If you need ideas please run to Agriculture section of Nairaland. You will never regret doing so.

3. Driving
Many job opportunities have passed me by because I don't know how to drive. I wish I knew earlier, I would have learnt while I was serving. Now wey things don hard for me, how I go take learn am come be problem cos I can't afford a driving school. Thats my story, do you want your story to be a similar one? Make the right choice now. Learn to drive. Save something out of that tiny allowance and use it to learn. You won't regret doing so.

4. Barbing
Having this skill can fetch you some income while you await that big job that will change your story so please don't let it go.

5. Make Up
Ladies you suppose know na. Trust me, you can buy a hummer jeep if you learn this skill very well. Who no dey make up for Naija? Even Baba Buhari still dey make up. Imagine the money that lady is making. Go buy make up kit begin practice sharp sharp. Before one year you go don turn expert.

6. Shoe/Bag/Bead Making
Thank God we are no longer in the days of Baba Jonathan when people wore no shoes. As long as people wear shoes, carry bags and adorn themselves with beads, your services will always be needed. Do I need to expantiate more?

7. Cooking/Baking/Frying
This is the best opportunity to sharpen your curlinary skills. Go online and find out how to prepare any meal. Prepare small dishes that your alawee can carry and improve on yourself. Do you think people will start using moulded Eba to celebrate social events like marriages, birthdays, etc? Cakes! Cakes! Cakes! = Naira! Naira! Naira!

8. Public Speaking
Well if you have all these skill and you don't know how to sell it, thats a big problem on its own. I therefore encourage you to learn to interact well with people so as to sell or market yourself.

I hope you will utilize this information to your advantage. Experience is a good teacher, just pray not to be on the wrong side of the learning curve. Thanks.

Source: Martins301
nice one
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by BrownChima212(m): 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Funbii:
Op thanks for the info

Since you highlighted barbing,, hair-dresser nko?
Hello Funnbi
Re: NYSC: 8 Skills You Must Learn Before Passing by ada2604(f): 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
teambiz:
I'm a fashion designer, I bake, I cook for people and I'm being paid. So no corper should be lazy waiting for a white collar job. You fit meet me for tutorials too. I love busy corpers.
hello mz, pls am.also interested in learning fashion designing nd I reside in lagos can u be of help plss??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC Orientation Camps - Location And Addresses / #TeamEkiti C14: Those Posted To Ekiti State / Nasarawa Police Arrest Fake Corps Member In NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.