Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs (2400 Views)

Strange And Funny Meanings Of Some Yoruba Names In Igbo. / How Whites Describe Their Place For You / Yoruba Names And Their Funny Translations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs by funmo(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Truth be told, I've nothing against the Whiteman, except that I hate the fact that he steals from we blacks and Africans, then go ahead to patent it and make it all theirs. s m h ! ! ! First off, it was formal education, stolen from Egypt, and then they stole the black identity from Jesus, and made us believe he was a white. The Garden of Eden is in Africa. They came to steal our great-fore-five-six fathers. And the stealing stories continue till the stories get stolen again. Of course by the Whiteman. If they had their way, they would steal the Sun, and make us import it for huge amount. Ahn Ahn. Kai! And if you never knew, Whites stole Yoruba names. I've always known this as a kid. Now I'll unravel the mystery. These names are originally of Yoruba descent, until they got stolen.

Tobi

Remember Spiderman? The movie and not cartoon. The actor's name is Toby. Doesn't Toby mean big in Yoruba? Oluwatobiloba - the lord is a big king. And Oyinbos decided to put it in their names' list. And put Y instead of I. These people sha.

Lola

How can Whites permanently shorten Omolola - the child is an honour? to Lola and make it theirs for life. Whites steal and don't think of the consequences. What does Lola mean in English?

Alan

My name gangan is Alani. Alani - behold the purest. But the whiteman back in the pre-colonial days, came to Africa and stole a slave by that name. The eventual slave owner envied the name and removed the i, just so that it'd sound Oyinboish. It's Alani, not Alan. OYINBO NA THIEF O O

Remy

Oluwaremilekun - the Lord done took away my tears. But the Whites say it's Remy Martin, Loic Remy or Remy Ma. Well-played Mr Whiteman. Your stealing case will be judged separately on judgment day. Thiefu!

Adele

They even now pronounce this one Her-del. Del ko, Toshiba ni. Adele - someone who watches over the home in your absence. Oyinbooo!

As if not enough, they had the nerves to steal these other Yoruba names and assign them to other things.

Akin omo Akin, the brave man. They now say Akin means similar to. What!!! Simi- rest. La- excel. SimiLa - Simi excels.

Ado, the capital of Ekiti. Even Shakespeare made this one popular, saying it means fuss. Hmmm. Much Fayose about nothing! I see

The first-ever Mr Banjo will never forgive the white man for saying his name means a type of guitar.

Bimbo, Abimbola. I won't even say what the Whiteman calls this one.

Akimbo... Hakeem.

Heskey...Esike/Sikiru

Ode... Ode mumu

Ale

Is OK Oyinbo man... keep at it.

source: http://sharpijebuboy.com/oyinbos-are-thieves-they-stole-these-yoruba-names/

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs by Ricadob(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Funny
Re: Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs by Katastrofy: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2015
nice. one
lalasticlala
Re: Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs by Pierocash(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2015
Is alite
Re: Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs by Gboliwe: 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
grin grin
Re: Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
The whitemen explored the world and took whatever they wanted... *end of story* ... *smh* ... *none of my biz*...
Re: Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs by achinaboy(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
they stole somthings, and gave us some senses, not bad, if not them, gold,diamond crude oil and thing like that will rot under till eternity
Re: Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs by gbaskiboy: 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
Really enjoy the write up grin
Re: Revealed: How Whites Stole These Yoruba Names And Made Them Theirs by permsec: 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
Wetin you dey drink strong pass U.

So are u telling me the history of the blacks orijinated before the whites?

Which Jesus is a black man? do u mean Jesus christ of Nazareth if yes go back to my first statement.

See ur mouth like dey stole our name. An average of 65% of Nigerians bear foreign names ranging from Muhammeds to Josephs.

Person steal ur name u no happy no be ur brothers dey steal their money online. Common name Kwa! Op u go greedy die!

Last Bullet- Black bullet different from Black label. Drink wisely!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Photo:the Face You Make When You Have Nothing To Write In An Exam Hall.. / When You Try To Help Racist Kids! / Wen Ur Mom Is A Witch Nd U Tell Her U Want To Study Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.