Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Gadgets On A Budget - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gadgets On A Budget (2390 Views)

Which Phone Can I Buy With A Budget Of #35,000 / I Have A Budget Of 20k. Which Phone Would You Recommend / Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gadgets On A Budget by ShaiMalika: 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
gadget freaks on a budget.
what are the best gadgets to get on a very very tight budget?
please recommend with the advantages and disadvantages of each and how easily repairs can be made if bad for any reason. thank you
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by jaysay(m): 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
I will list a few I know. Mostly Tecno.

1. BOOM J7
2. Tecno Y4, Y5, Y6
3. Tecno H6
4. WinPad 10
5. Tecno Droipad 8H
6. Tecno Droipad 7C
7. Huawei Media Pad T1.

2 Likes

Re: Gadgets On A Budget by nonichuks: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
It depends on what you want from a phone. What exactly are the specs you are looking out for?
ShaiMalika:
gadget freaks on a budget.
what are the best gadgets to get on a very very tight budget?
please recommend with the advantages and disadvantages of each and how easily repairs can be made if bad for any reason. thank you
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by ShaiMalika: 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
nice, thanks. but which of these have you used and would advice me to use.
jaysay:

1. BOOM J7
2. Tecno Y4, Y5, Y6
3. Tecno H6
4. WinPad 10
5. Tecno Droipad 8H
6. Tecno Droipad 7C
7. Huawei Media Pad T1.
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by ShaiMalika: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
sleek look, front camera, 5mp and above i am not very particular about that. battery life
nonichuks:
It depends on what you want from a phone. What exactly are the specs you are looking out for?
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by jonmoveek: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
Infinix hot
Tecno boom j7
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by nonichuks: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ah. You could try Tecno Boom J7. It's very sleek. Check the full specs at http://techlector.com/tecno-boom-j7-full-specs-price-that-will-wow-you/ the camera is 8mp and it can for 27k, if that's not too much for you.
ShaiMalika:
sleek look, front camera, 5mp and above i am not very particular about that. battery life
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by ChidinmaRose(f): 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
Tecno Boom J7 is the phone to buy if you want the latest gadget in town. The specs are on point!
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by ChidinmaRose(f): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
I would say Tecno Boom J7 because it has very nice specs and I won one. http://www.editweaks.com/2015/04/tecno-boom-j7-review-full-specs-price.html

ShaiMalika:
nice, thanks. but which of these have you used and would advice me to use.
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by BenKafor(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
My number 1 phone would be Tecno Boom J7. Its a very sexy phone and a sexy man like me deserves a sexy phone!!!!
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by JanethEze(f): 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
All these other phones are ok o but I prefer Tecno Boom J7, I love the UI, Specs and everything about it.

jaysay:

1. BOOM J7
2. Tecno Y4, Y5, Y6
3. Tecno H6
4. WinPad 10
5. Tecno Droipad 8H
6. Tecno Droipad 7C
7. Huawei Media Pad T1.
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Chikote(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
the winpad wouldn't be bad to handle though... I'ld love to try it sometime.

JanethEze:
All these other phones are ok o but I prefer Tecno Boom J7, I love the UI, Specs and everything about it.

Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Mybeast876: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
So sweet
BenKafor:
My number 1 phone would be Tecno Boom J7. Its a very sexy phone and a sexy man like me deserves a sexy phone!!!!
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Mybeast876: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
Now Tecno has finally heard me . I believe its phantom Z2. When will it be available in Lagos Nigeria coz am very excited and can't wait
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Mybeast876: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
Tecno Boom J7
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
More info abeg.....
Mybeast876:
Now Tecno has finally heard me . I believe its phantom Z2. When will it be available in Lagos Nigeria coz am very excited and can't wait
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by markphilips607: 9:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
Errrrmmmmmm.... Well! for me, I will go with Tecno. Its affordability and durability makes it a Yes for me anyday anytime.

Tight budget? I think that's relative, A tight budget for you might be a chicken change for me *Just saying grin*. Let me assume you mean a phone between the price range of $100 - $150, then I will go for a Boom J7, Y6 or an Inifinix Zero

1 Like

Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
you got the fact.
markphilips607:
Errrrmmmmmm.... Well! for me, I will go with Tecno. Its affordability and durability makes it a Yes for me anyday anytime.

Tight budget? I think that's relative, A tight budget for you might be a chicken change for me *Just saying grin*. Let me assume you mean a phone between the price range of $100 - $150, then I will go for a Boom J7, Y6 or an Inifinix Zero

Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Shinchika: 11:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
Very impressive list, your choices show quality and affordability. I think it's best to spend on any of these since tecno has also proven to be reliable.

jaysay:

1. BOOM J7
2. Tecno Y4, Y5, Y6
3. Tecno H6
4. WinPad 10
5. Tecno Droipad 8H
6. Tecno Droipad 7C
7. Huawei Media Pad T1.
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Sundown123: 10:02am On Aug 05, 2015
smiley I think I'll try the boom j7
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by ShaiMalika: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2015
Lol well, tight is indeed relative. True, looking a t money in dollars is goving me a headache. Lol, so my budget is to not exceed 30k in naira and i was hoping to squeeze in a screen guard a nd a pouch in that money.
markphilips607:

Re: Gadgets On A Budget by ShaiMalika: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2015
I see a lot of people going for the boom j7. Wha t is so speecial about it? Im assuming the boom has something to do with music?? Yes??
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Cerebrum(m): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
I suggest SAMSUNG E5... quite affordable. And the BB Q10
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Cerebrum(m): 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
i wouldnt take the risk mehn
jaysay:
1. BOOM J7 2. Tecno Y4, Y5, Y6 3. Tecno H6 4. WinPad 10 5. Tecno Droipad 8H 6. Tecno Droipad 7C 7. Huawei Media Pad T1.
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Craven: 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello ShaiMalika

The following devices cost a little over N30,000. But you might like them.

LG Nexus 4 E960 - It has a True HD IPS Plus capacitive touchscreen, which is very clear. The screen size is 4.7 inches which is just a little under 5.0 inches. It comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 for protection against scratches and cracks. There is also the fact that this is a Google Nexus device. With Nexus phones you get a pure Android experience. This translates to mean that you get updates and bug fixes months earlier than any other Android device. The LG Nexus 4 can be upgraded to Android OS v5.1 (Lollipop, a recent upgrade). It has an 8MP primary camera and a 1.3MP secondary camera. RAM is at 2GB, which is very good for heavy apps. The 2100mAh non-removable battery is fair if you can live with a power pack. The only downside is this phone does not come with an expandable storage. You get either 8GB or 16GB of internal memory. There is no memory card slot. The LG Nexus 4 costs a around N35,000.

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime - This is a 5.0 inch screen with a very poor display. The TFT capacitive touchscreen takes a toll on your battery power. It doesn't come with screen protection, so you're liable to have scratches and cracks. You have the same 8MP secondary camera as the LG Nexus 4, but unlike the LG Nexus 4, you have a 5MP front camera which is perfect for taking selfies. The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime comes with Android KitKat. But at 1GB this phone comes with a small RAM. If you aren't a serious app user, you'll be fine. You also have an expandable storage (memory card slot) and a 2600 mAh battery. The price tag is N35,000.

HTC Desire 616 - A 5.0 inch screen with a fairly okay display. The same 8MP camera as the LG Nexus 4 and the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. A 2MP front facing camera. RAM is 1GB, which is poor if you are a heavy app user. Internal storage is also poor at 4GB, but it is expandable to 32GB through the use of a memory card. Battery is 2000mAh. The HTC Desire 616 comes with Android OS v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean, an outdated version, which is very old) and costs N34,000

Sony Xperia E4 - This phone costs N31,000. And for it's price, it has a good display. You have a scratch-resistant glass. A 5.0 inch screen. It comes with a 1GB RAM, which is manageable, and an 8GB internal memory that can be expanded to 32GB with the use of a memory card. It has a fairly good 5MP camera at the back and a 2MP camera in front. Lastly, it runs on Android KitKat and has a 2300mAh non-removable battery. This means you cannot get to the battery, the back of the phone is sealed shut. But it's not a problem. If you ever intend to change your phone battery in the future, you can always take it to an after-sales shop as they have all the equipments to take out a non-removable battery.

If I were to pick amongst these devices, I'd go for the Nexus. It seems like the perfect device in this price range and offers good features. A higher RAM, a Lollipop upgrade, if you are willing to download it - otherwise you're stuck with Jelly Bean. It also has a very clear display. The only thing I hate about it is the poor storage that cannot be expanded. But other than that, it's a brilliant phone. My second choice would be Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. Third choice would be Sony Xperia E4. I don't like HTC Desire 616 much because it comes with an old version of Android that cannot be upgraded.

If you can save up some more, you can get the Samsung Galaxy E5. With it's Super AMOLED display, the screen is very vibrant. You also have Corning Gorilla 4, which beats the LG Nexus 4's Gorilla Glass 2. It is a slim device with an 8MP primary camera and a 5MP secondary camera. Battery is non-removable and 2400mAh. RAM is 1.5GB, which is not so bad. Internal storage is 16GB and can be expanded to 64GB. The Samsung Galaxy E5 is a very good device if you can afford it.

And if you can tolerate another operating system other than Android, try the Lumia 540. 5.0 inch screen. 8MP camera behind and 5MP camera in front for very clear selfies (I've used it). You also have a very good battery and a clear display. I should also add that the Lumia 540 would be amongst the first set of Lumia phones to receive the Windows 10 Mobile update. It costs a little under N30,000. And when you purchase it at Slot, you get a free power bank.
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by ShaiMalika: 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
samsung?? im not sure that is within my affordability range o. i dont think ive heard of any samsung within the price range im looking at
Cerebrum:
I suggest SAMSUNG E5... quite affordable.
And the BB Q10
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by ShaiMalika: 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
waow. this is very detailed, the lumia sounds like something i would totally dig and it sounds affordable. thanks a lot. the android devices you mentioned didnt do nothing to tingle my spine. should i decide on a droid i would rather settle for a tecno, but this lumia feels like it could be my spec. thanks a lot.
Craven:
Hello ShaiMalika

The following devices cost a little over N30,000. But you might like them.

LG Nexus 4 E960 - It has a True HD IPS Plus capacitive touchscreen, which is very clear. The screen size is 4.7 inches which is just a little under 5.0 inches. It comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 for protection against scratches and cracks. There is also the fact that this is a Google Nexus device. With Nexus phones you get a pure Android experience. This translates to mean that you get updates and bug fixes months earlier than any other Android device. The LG Nexus 4 can be upgraded to Android OS v5.1 (Lollipop, a recent upgrade). It has an 8MP primary camera and a 1.3MP secondary camera. RAM is at 2GB, which is very good for heavy apps. The 2100mAh non-removable battery is fair if you can live with a power pack. The only downside is this phone does not come with an expandable storage. You get either 8GB or 16GB of internal memory. There is no memory card slot. The LG Nexus 4 costs a around N35,000.

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime - This is a 5.0 inch screen with a very poor display. The TFT capacitive touchscreen takes a toll on your battery power. It doesn't come with screen protection, so you're liable to have scratches and cracks. You have the same 8MP secondary camera as the LG Nexus 4, but unlike the LG Nexus 4, you have a 5MP front camera which is perfect for taking selfies. The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime comes with Android KitKat. But at 1GB this phone comes with a small RAM. If you aren't a serious app user, you'll be fine. You also have an expandable storage (memory card slot) and a 2600 mAh battery. The price tag is N35,000.

HTC Desire 616 - A 5.0 inch screen with a fairly okay display. The same 8MP camera as the LG Nexus 4 and the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. A 2MP front facing camera. RAM is 1GB, which is poor if you are a heavy app user. Internal storage is also poor at 4GB, but it is expandable to 32GB through the use of a memory card. Battery is 2000mAh. The HTC Desire 616 comes with Android OS v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean, an outdated version, which is very old) and costs N34,000

Sony Xperia E4 - This phone costs N31,000. And for it's price, it has a good display. You have a scratch-resistant glass. A 5.0 inch screen. It comes with a 1GB RAM, which is manageable, and an 8GB internal memory that can be expanded to 32GB with the use of a memory card. It has a fairly good 5MP camera at the back and a 2MP camera in front. Lastly, it runs on Android KitKat and has a 2300mAh non-removable battery. This means you cannot get to the battery, the back of the phone is sealed shut. But it's not a problem. If you ever intend to change your phone battery in the future, you can always take it to an after-sales shop as they have all the equipments to take out a non-removable battery.

If I were to pick amongst these devices, I'd go for the Nexus. It seems like the perfect device in this price range and offers good features. A higher RAM, a Lollipop upgrade, if you are willing to download it - otherwise you're stuck with Jelly Bean. It also has a very clear display. The only thing I hate about it is the poor storage that cannot be expanded. But other than that, it's a brilliant phone. My second choice would be Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. Third choice would be Sony Xperia E4. I don't like HTC Desire 616 much because it comes with an old version of Android that cannot be upgraded.

If you can save up some more, you can get the Samsung Galaxy E5. With it's Super AMOLED display, the screen is very vibrant. You also have Corning Gorilla 4, which beats the LG Nexus 4's Gorilla Glass 2. It is a slim device with an 8MP primary camera and a 5MP secondary camera. Battery is non-removable and 2400mAh. RAM is 1.5GB, which is not so bad. Internal storage is 16GB and can be expanded to 64GB. The Samsung Galaxy E5 is a very good device if you can afford it.

And if you can tolerate another operating system other than Android, try the Lumia 540. 5.0 inch screen. 8MP camera behind and 5MP camera in front for very clear selfies (I've used it). You also have a very good battery and a clear display. I should also add that the Lumia 540 would be amongst the first set of Lumia phones to receive the Windows 10 Mobile update. It costs a little under N30,000. And when you purchase it at Slot, you get a free power bank.
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by augster(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
-
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
ChidinmaRose:
Tecno Boom J7 is the phone to buy if you want the latest gadget in town. The specs are on point!
BenKafor:
JanethEze:
Mybeast876:
Tecno Boom J7
Shinchika:
Very impressive list, your choices show quality and affordability. I think it's best to spend on any of these since tecno has also proven to be reliable.
Sundown123:
smiley I think I'll try the boom j7
Babs876:
you got the fact.
markphilips607:

grinYou registered all these accounts on August 3rd and all your posts are centered around TECNO grin you must really be paid well
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by ShaiMalika: 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
LMAO..
HooksnLines:

grinYou registered all these accounts on August 3rd and all your posts are centered around TECNO grin you must really be paid well
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by khattab008: 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
Is the tecno boom j7 really a good buy? Need honest opinions please.
Re: Gadgets On A Budget by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
khattab008:
Is the tecno boom j7 really a good buy?
Need honest opinions please.
Go over this thread again, you'ld find out that one person with multiple handles is heaping praise on this device. That alone tells a lot about the device.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C5 Now Available In Nigeria / Please Help!!!! Did Your Oppo A16k Come With Earpiece? / Unbecoming Of Etisalat Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.