Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. (37441 Views)

Buying Gadgets Online. / Beware Of Fraud!!! Please Don’t Fall For This Bvn Scam / Dont Fall Victim, Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
Take a close look at the picture below:

Do you find anything wrong with it?

Wait!

You don’t?

How?

Ok, have a look at this one:

Now do you find anything wrong with the first picture?

Thought so.

Look:

The Infinix hot 2 is Google’s android one project for Nigeria (and as it seems, Africa). When it was launched back in August, it came in two variants – 1GB RAM and a 2GB RAM versions.

The launch price of both devices were ₦17,500 and ₦19,500 respectively.

Even if the price of the smartphone is going to increase, it shouldn’t be Infinix Zero 2 high (as the first picture depicts).

The point of this post?

While doing a research on the best android phones under 20k in Nigeria, I came across some horrible listings online.

You see sellers upping the price of a device as much as 15 – 20 thousand naira.

The most annoying part?

Unsuspecting buyers would still give their money away.

Should we blame the buyer (for not researching) or the seller (for being a thief)?

I don’t know.

Afterall, it’s the buyers money.

What’s important right now is this:

You reading this, before making any purchase (whether online or offline) on tech products, be sure to check out the recommended retail price of that said product.

A simple google search (or bing – whichever you fancy) could save you as much as N20,000.

But that’s just one seller!

Ok, here’s another:

And another:

This one’s not an infinix hot 2, but I just couldn’t let go.

The normal price of the Infinix hot note (1GB RAM) is N24,000.

But guess how much this seller sold it for!

The craziest part?

He made sales! :sad:

*sighs*

A word is enough………..

Source: http://techviews.com.ng/online-shopping-theft/

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by RobinHez(m): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
No pics is showing.. undecided
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
RobinHez:
No pics is showing.. undecided

Hotlinking protection.... #mybad!

Fixed!

1 Like

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Ebimablog: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
Honestly I do not know who to blame. while some sellers are armed robbers on the one hand some niggas are just to dumb or lazy to do some research n buy online.

Sometime I get annoyed at the comments of some of my visitors to the extent of ignoring their inquiry.

A clear case:
The Infinix zero 2 is available on Jumia at a retail price of 33,000 for the 1GB VERSION .

But surprisingly u still see some dumb questions asking how much is Infinix zero 2

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
JESU THIS MUST BE JUMIA

ANOTHER WORD FOR JUMIA IS SCAM

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Chidexter(m): 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
Good Gracious God
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Babalegba(m): 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
Scammers
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
checkpoint:
JESU THIS MUST BE JUMIA
ANOTHER WORD FOR JUMIA IS SCAM
You are all shades of WRONG! That's Konga and not Jumia.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by kevoh(m): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
Why is this not on frontpage yet? People need to be aware.

3 Likes

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Youngpo413: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
SLOTS Aba branch,their phones are the cheapest nationwide,St Micheals is a no go area.
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
kevoh:
Why is this not on frontpage yet? People need to be aware.

LOL.

I think it's not "front-page" worthy from lalasticlala's point of view
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ebimablog:
Honestly I do not know who to blame. while some sellers are armed robbers on the one hand some niggas are just to dumb or lazy to do some research n buy online.

Sometime I get annoyed at the comments of some of my visitors to the extent of ignoring their inquiry.

A clear case:
The Infinix zero 2 is available on Jumia at a retail price of 33,000 for the 1GB VERSION .

But surprisingly u still see some dumb questions asking how much is Infinix zero 2

We're in Nigeria bro.

Remember the mega-pixel war?

So many still believe that higher mp count parallels high picture quality.

Or the Infinix better than Tecno saga.

Whereas the same company runs the two firms. sad

The problem?

Me thinks most Nigerians are rather ignorant.

#nooffence

smiley

21 Likes

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Moneyyy: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2015

6 Likes

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Ne0w1zarD: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
Thanks

Follow this blog http://www.supremewap.com to get latest tech updates, hackers news, security tips, tutorials for free!
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
Jumia dey do am wella.
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by jamex93(m): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2015
Lolx

These guys r great scamers oooo

Ole lasun

Op tanx jor

Most of us bin no know self
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by kennyman2000(m): 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hmmmm.. Na them get their money..
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by yomalex(m): 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
Whaaat
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by ultrazone(m): 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
Okay. Tanks
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by macaranta(m): 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
That's broad day looting..
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Djbaka(m): 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
Maybe it would have been cool if the pictures showed the seller's details.. so as to flag them red when next we enter that store.

Nice one though.

3 Likes

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Seculent: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
Na person wey no know things go fall mugu go buy hot2 36k na.

2 Likes

Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by trailblaiza(m): 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
E-commerce
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by Whizzing(m): 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
Thanks 4 dis eye opener
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by mrkels(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
Maybe I should even stop this buying online thingy.

It's just that it makes life so easy.

If only we could get honest retailers online.
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by abeniagbon(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
lasisi69:
End time

THIS MAN IDENTIFY YOUR SELF. THIS MUST BE HOLY SPIRIT ... Watch his next comment
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by VickyRotex(f): 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
shocked shocked shocked

Ojibijibi
Re: Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. by STARGREEN(m): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
maybe I say thank you for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia Asha - Cheap Touchscreen Phones - Launched / 20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS) / Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.