Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:23 PM

Install Firefox Without Any Browser Using FTP Command In Terminal On A Mac - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Install Firefox Without Any Browser Using FTP Command In Terminal On A Mac (1340 Views)

It Works Like Magic!!! If You Have A Mac Book / How To Restore Files From A Windows Backup On A Mac Computer Tips / Best Free Web Hosting With FTP Access & No Credit Card Details Required - Trayme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Install Firefox Without Any Browser Using FTP Command In Terminal On A Mac by nasir1202(m): 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
Source: http://bookingtohosting..in/2015/08/install-firefox-without-any-browser.html
How to download Firefox without any Web Browser on your Mac

I recently came across an interesting situation wherein one of my clients updated his Safari from Mac App Store software update and then he started getting the following error message whenever he opens the safari.He was running Mac OS X 10.8.

"This version of safari is not souported on the current version of OS X.Please upgrade to OS X 10.10 or above."

Unfortunately he did not have any alternate browser installed on his computer and he could not install any other browser now as it requires you to have a browser to go to the download the only option left was download the installation file on another computer and save it to a flash drive and install the Firefox or Chrome as an alternate browser on the other one where Safari does not work.
I tried to fix it but did not find any way but to reinstall OS X or upgrade to 10.10.4.

So here is the another way to get the installation of Firefox from terminal using FTP.

Go to Spotlight and type Terminal. Click on Terminal app to open it.
In Terminal type “ftp” and hit enter.
type “open ftp.mozilla.org” and hit enter.
It will ask for a username, type “anonymous” and hit enter.
It will then ask for a password, type “anonymous” and hit enter.
Open the folder with the latest Mac release of Firefox by typing in:
“cd pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest/mac/en-US/” and then enter.
View the contents of the current directory by typing in “ls” and then enter.
Switch to binary file mode by typing in “type image” and then hit enter..
When you typed in “ls” from step 7, it should have listed a .dmg file for you. As of writing the latest version is Firefox 39.0.dmg. In this case, we will type in: get “Firefox 39.0.dmg” (http://bookingtohosting..in/2015/08/install-firefox-without-any-browser.html)
Re: Install Firefox Without Any Browser Using FTP Command In Terminal On A Mac by babafunny(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
Mozilla Firefox download is a speedy browser that comes with lots of mind blowing feature. Mozilla is well known for its high rating in the area of security... for more details, follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/firefox-download-mozilla-firefox-download-mozilla-firefox-free-download/

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Neatly Used Laptop In Aba / Sold..jst lik brand New.Hp 840 G3 Core I5 320gig,8 Gig Ram. 150k Flat / Whats Wrong With Your Pc(get Quick Solutions Immediately)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.