Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. (1036 Views)

Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? / Alaafin Of Oyo Welcomes Twins (photos) / Alaafin In Happy Mood As Afonja Opens First Cinema In Oyo (SEE PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. by Titilayodeji13(m): 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Why was Alaafin in a far Corner in this PIX ? In this PIX we have Ooni Of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade right beside Queen Elizabeth and Also Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi far left corner.

Re: Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. by HungerBAD: 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
Somebody has to be on that spot.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. by UnknownT: 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Btw the Olubadan of Ibadan and the Alafin of Oyo, who commands more respect? Who has the larger kingdom?
Op, no vex say I dey ask for ur thread
Re: Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. by Titilayodeji13(m): 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
UnknownT:
Btw the Olubadan of Ibadan and the Alafin of Oyo, who commands more respect? Who has the larger kingdom?

Do u want to periodise dis? Or one shld just give a general ans
Re: Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. by Titilayodeji13(m): 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
UnknownT:

Re: Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. by UnknownT: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
Titilayodeji13:

I don't understand what you meant by periodise
Re: Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. by Titilayodeji13(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
UnknownT:
I don't understand what you meant by periodise

Yoruba History is in chronological assessment.
There was some time in history wen a strong head sprang up and become famous and powerful redenring other Obas and even fighters useless,that is why we have places like Ede which was established by a famous and strong Hunter from Oyo. Dis time will be periodise between when the time of dis person one is talking about from time there is anoda one came famous and powerful, and attimes it might be a Town or locality that will suddenly become strong and unchallengeable
Re: Why Was Alaafin In A Far Corner In This PIX. by tpiander: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
what do you mean by far corner?

when was this picture taken btw.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Like To See Nigerian Languages Do On The Internet? / Maggi Cubes / Do You Celebrate Indepence Day Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.