Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. (1039 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? / Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by warrikid(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
So my younger cousin(male) has decided to pop the question to his fiancee at her(his fiance's) own elder sister's wedding reception. U get the relationship?
He doesnt want anyone to get an idea of his plans,not even the fiancee's sister in whose marriage reception this would "supposedly" happen.

Personally i feel it is a good idea,but at what point of the ceremony and how he would get it done without seemingly "stealing the show" is where i would need your ever creative ideas/inputs.
Donate yours generously. smiley
Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
He should plan with the MC before then, those MC's knows how to play this kind of game!
Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by shininglite(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
modelmike7:
He should plan with the MC before then, those MC's knows how to play this kind of game!

Seconded
Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by warrikid(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
modelmike7:
Hmmmm dats possible. Thanks.
Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by TV01(m): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
warrikid:
So my younger cousin(male) has decided to pop the question to his fiancee at her(his fiance's) own elder sister's wedding reception. U get the relationship?
He doesnt want anyone to get an idea of his plans,not even the fiancee's sister in whose marriage reception this would "supposedly" happen.

Personally i feel it is a good idea,but at what point of the ceremony and how he would get it done without seemingly "stealing the show" is where i would need your ever creative ideas/inputs.
Donate yours generously. smiley
I wouldn't. I think it's a terrible idea - let the fiancé sister have her day uninterrupted. Don't encroach or rob her of her big moment - just like we wouldn't want anyone to rob her sister.

I wouldn't even advise it if the fiancé' sister agreed to it. Make your own moments - at best do it when the bride and groom have left the event. In fact, just don't.

TV

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by damiso(f): 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
TV01:

I wouldn't. I think it's a terrible idea - let the fiancé sister have her day uninterrupted. Don't encroach or rob her of her big moment - just like we wouldn't want anyone to rob her sister.
I wouldn't even advise it if the fiancé' sister agreed to it. Make your own moments - at best do it when the bride and groom have left the event. In fact, just don't.
TV

I was about to type the same thing.

Just don't like TV said no matter how you try to its another couple sharing in the attention of the day meant for another.

Propose to her somewhere else abeg. He can even do his own party if he wants( that's the rage now abi gosh i feel old)
Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by wisdomiskey(m): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
OP, so, yuh cousin wantz 2
steal someone else's shine
on deir own wedding day lipsrsealed

may thunder strike him az
he getz down on one knee! angry

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by Nitefury: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Pop the question to his "Fiancée"?... I was thinking one is only referred to as fiancé/fiancée after they've agreed to get married?..

Meaning the lady is still his girlfriend..

Anyways back to your request for ideas on how to go about it, like TV01 stated, very bad idea.. It's their day, no one is allowed to steal any moment of it.

Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by warrikid(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
Wow, i respect y'all opinions. I had the feeling dat it would seem like encroaching into her sis' "moment", i jusr didnt think it wud be such a bad idea and my guess is he doesnt feel so too. Buh the thing is i believe he has the consent of the GF's elder sis tho. Might want to really discuss that with him and show him these amazing (in my opinion) comments. Thanks y'all
Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by DollyParton1(f): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
One of my life's rules is "no matter how I love and cherish you, pls dont propose on my wedding day. Find another day to do that."
Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by warrikid(m): 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
DollyParton1:
One of my life's rules is "no matter how I love and cherish you, pls dont propose on my wedding day. Find another day to do that."

hehehehe nice rule, thanks nyways. I could allow dat on my big day without feeling like my moment was stolen though. I'm liberal like dat. Lol
Re: Marriage Proposal In A Marriage Reception. Ideas Needed. by kpolli(m): 11:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
I will personally walk out anyone that tries to propose on my wedding day.... It's my day, stop trying to be noticed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

24 Things Mums Teach Their Daughters Before Marriage! / Types Of Husband...which Are You Or Your Spouse? / Say No To Domestic Violence On Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.