Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? (1695 Views)

Different Types Of Adults That Should Be Wished Happy Children’s Day (meme Colle / Father Carrying His Step Daughter At The Pool. Anything Wrong With The Photo? / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by ebiboy2(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
So I was listening in on a conversation at work between some
of my friends. They're all talking about SOA, Walking Dead,
The Wire, Game of Thrones..."grown up" shows. Meanwhile,
I'm sitting here thinking about the new episodes of Clarence,
Steven Universe, and Regular Show I watched last night.
Don't get me wrong, cartoons aren't all I watch. I watch the hell out of Law and Order and Criminal Minds. I just really, really like some of the cartoons that are on these days. However, I feel like I can't talk about them with anyone I know. Anyone else feel like this? what's wrong with an adult watching cartoons?
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by Esdb3: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
I don't know. They feel cartoons are for kids and me I love kung fu panda but am sometimes ashamed to talk bout it.

2 Likes

Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by ebiboy2(m): 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
Esdb3:
I don't know. They feel cartoons are for kids and me I love kung fu panda but am sometimes ashamed to talk bout it.

Thank you! That's what I try to say but my co-workers still
think that if it's not on Adult Swim/Fox/etc it's not a cartoon
worth watching.
I think the simplicity of the kids' cartoons compared to the
adult-oriented humor of the Adult Swim-eque shows is what I
like. Sometimes I just want to laugh, I don't want to see
political lampoons come to life.
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by wahles(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
Me dnt care bout wah any1 says# lover of cartoons, if u watch nollywood and enjoy t, I can watch cartoons too, bsyds i v a choice nah

1 Like

Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by ebiboy2(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
hope this makes FP. I want to see those "adults" comments. lalastica and co do the needful.
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
ebiboy2:
So I was listening in on a conversation at work between some
of my friends. They're all talking about SOA, Walking Dead,
The Wire, Game of Thrones..."grown up" shows. Meanwhile,
I'm sitting here thinking about the new episodes of Clarence,
Steven Universe, and Regular Show I watched last night.
Don't get me wrong, cartoons aren't all I watch. I watch the hell out of Law and Order and Criminal Minds. I just really, really like some of the cartoons that are on these days. However, I feel like I can't talk about them with anyone I know. Anyone else feel like this? what's wrong with an adult watching cartoons?

Clarence? Steven Universe? Naaa. Those ones are too childish! I prefer the Regular show, Total Drama World Tour, Johnny Test and Adventure Time!
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by ebiboy2(m): 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
Honestly, if they don't think cartoons are worth watching, they probably just haven't found the right cartoon
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by ebiboy2(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
vfactor:

Clarence? Steven Universe? Naaa. Those ones are too childish! I prefer the Regular show, Total Drama World Tour, Johnny Test and Adventure Time!

how is it too childish? anyways I'm glad you love cartoons
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
ebiboy2:

how is it too childish? anyways I'm glad you love cartoons

I do love cartoons. I usually look at the story line and message. Ninjago is kinda interesting. CN has lost their best cartoons over the years!
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by ammyluv2002(f): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
I love cartoons o! Can watch it all day even common Tom & Jerry sef
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by ebiboy2(m): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I love cartoons o! Can watch it all day even common Tom & Jerry sef
that sounds like my kinda girl.
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by UnknownT: 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
Oga nothing is wrong with you. I dey find person wey me and am go dey discuss Spongebob Squarepant and The Simpsons sef gringrin

1 Like

Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
ebiboy2:

that sounds like my kinda girl.
tongue
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by ebiboy2(m): 9:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
UnknownT:
Oga nothing is wrong with you. I dey find person wey me and am go dey discuss Spongebob Squarepant and The Simpsons sef gringrin
grin
UnknownT:
grin you'll never walk alone
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
Most people have this "feel among" attitude and it affects their daily lives. because one watches cartoons doesn't mean one is childish. U can watch your games of thrones for all I care. My daughter and I watch Pocoyo and Masha and the bear together, and she enjoys cuddling in daddy's lap and laughing. It is a bonding thing for us. Besides with everything about sex and violence on the airways these days, especially here in the US, i feel its much safer for my little kids.

1 Like

Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by focus7: 6:39am On Aug 05, 2015
Nothing is wrong, I consider it fun watching. I would rather watch a cartoon a thousand time than watching all this clueless home videos from nolliwood or the craps from Ghana movies.
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 05, 2015
ebiboy2:
Honestly, if they don't think cartoons are worth watching, they
probably just haven't found the right cartoon

Op they don't know what's up cheesy I can watch cartoons till eternity. I know most of the theme song, if not all. cheesy cheesy . Kung Fu Panda, SpongeBob, Bubble Guppies, Sanjay and Craig etc.

The irony of it all is that there are times I actually learn new stuff from these cartoons.
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by hurricaneChris: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
There's absolutely nothing wrong with an adult loving cartoon.

my case is worst, I cant do without Tom and Jerry. Here in my office, when I don't feel like drawing again, I just open the folder where I have my cartoons saved and watch some episodes.
Another cartoon series I love is the Kunfu Panda! (the series). imaging leaving my favorite characters like Tigress, Poo, Monkey, Master Shiffu, Bandits Croaks, Rhinos, the Rude and arrogant Princess, etc. grin grin grin cool.

I think it's become a real part of me. Those days in the our Architectural studio, everybody was known for a particular cartoon he liked. Anyone who asked me for any episode of Tom and Jerry always got it.

it's normal for adults to watch cartoons. You are not alone. cool

1 Like

Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by hurricaneChris: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
naanxie:

Op they don't know what's up cheesy I can watch cartoons till eternity. I know most of the theme song, if not all. cheesy cheesy . Kung Fu Panda, SpongeBob, Bubble Guppies, Sanjay and Craig etc.

The irony of it all is that there are times I actually learn new stuff from these cartoons.

at the bolded; you cant try me bro.

"Here are the legends of the Kungfu Pandaaa.
doom doom doommmm doom
raised in a noodle shop, never seeking glory or fame
he climbed the mountaintop and earned the Dragon Warrior's name.....

lol i don't tire

2 Likes

Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
hurricaneChris:

"Here are the legends of the Kungfu Pandaaa. doom doom doommmm doom raised in a noodle shop, never seeking glory or fame he climbed the mountaintop and earned the Dragon Warrior's name.....
lol i don't tire
Kung Fu Pandaaa!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by 5minsmadness: 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
hurricaneChris:

"Here are the legends of the Kungfu Pandaaa.
doom doom doommmm doom
raised in a noodle shop, never seeking glory or fame
he climbed the mountaintop and earned the Dragon Warrior's name.....

lol i don't tire
"Master Shifu
saw the warrior blossom
And master the skills
of bodacious and awesome!!!"

Kungfu panda! cheesy

My best cartoon so far!

I actually sing along when they are playing the theme song embarassed
And am not ashamed of it angry

2 Likes

Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by pickabeau1: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
metalgear:
Most people have this "feel among" attitude and it affects their daily lives. because one watches cartoons doesn't mean one is childish. U can watch your games of thrones for all I care. My daughter and I watch Pocoyo and Masha and the bear together, and she enjoys cuddling in daddy's lap and laughing. It is a bonding thing for us. Besides with everything about sex and violence on the airways these days, especially here in the US, i feel its much safer for my little kids.

This is a big issue
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by grad2012(f): 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
what omg i love cartoons and animations cheesy tongue
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by Mutaino7(m): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
See as guys 4 my lodge wan comot my head unto say i like naruto.. They dare not c me watching any anime nah 2 quickly name am naruto.. D funny part is dat most of them love 'avatar' but will discriminate against any japanese speaking animation simply because d dialogue is not in english(worst part in dat diz anime are english subbed). But as an unrepentant fellow i tell dhem go head bush..
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 06, 2015
in my office i was ashamed to mention my love for animes in front of a female colleague with the fear of being called "agbaya" turns out the lady has watched far far far more animes than mine, and even gave her my 265gb worth of anime, she has no problem telling people she watches anime, even one of my colleague who is a married man and a father watches them. so now I don't care what people think anymore of me watching cartoon if you can watch telemundo then i can watch my anime and Adventure Time and world of gumbo. Also i think the Regular Show is dope.
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 06, 2015
wait why don't we form an Anime/Cartoon Exchange Program
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by cococandy(f): 6:08am On Aug 06, 2015
Nothing wrong with it. I still watch them a lot
Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by tollu: 6:55am On Aug 06, 2015
Dem dey yab but me I no send.

I love Penguins of Madagascar pieces and then my raving fav, sing along with me people... ... grin

Are you ready kids
Aye aye captain
I can't hear you
Aye aye captain

Ooooooooooo, who lives in a pineapple under the sea
Spongebob Squarepants
Absorbent and yellow and porous is he
Spongebob squarepants
If nautical nonsense be something you wish
Spongebob squarepants
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish
Ready

Spongebob squarepants
Spongebob squarepants
Spongebob squarepants
SPONGE BOBBBBBBBB SQUARE pantssssssssssssssssss

Then a flute thingy sound I whistle along to.

Bliss

1 Like

Re: Cartoons And Adults. What's Wrong With It? by cococandy(f): 7:03am On Aug 06, 2015
grin
tollu:
Dem dey yab but me I no send.

I love Penguins of Madagascar pieces and then my raving fav, sing along with me people... ... grin

Are you ready kids
Aye aye captain
I can't hear you
Aye aye captain

Ooooooooooo, who lives in a pineapple under the sea
Spongebob Squarepants
Absorbent and yellow and porous is he
Spongebob squarepants
If nautical nonsense be something you wish
Spongebob squarepants
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish
Ready

Spongebob squarepants
Spongebob squarepants
Spongebob squarepants
SPONGE BOBBBBBBBB SQUARE pantssssssssssssssssss

Then a flute thingy sound I whistle along to.

Bliss

(1) (Reply)

When You Unveil Your Bride / HELP! Dad Died Intestate In Nigeria 10 Years Ago, Who Gets What Going By L Of A? / Meet This Blind Couple Married For 20 Years, But Have Never Seen Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.