Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

, - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / , (1004 Views)

Man Burns Cross Because He Says Christians Are Worshiping Idols / "My Grandpa Who Worshipped Idols For 47 Years Converts To Christianity" - Man / Mount Zion Ministries Speaks On BBNaija (See Reactions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

, by VLadipo: 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: , by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
VLadipo:
Verse 3 of today’s scripture says, “These men have set up their idols in their hearts, and put the stumbling block of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?” That verse is talking about making up your mind about issues before praying about those issues. Some people make up their minds about who to marry before they even pray. Do you know whether the destiny of long life is attached to such a life? Others make up their minds on various financial issues before they seek the face of the Lord. But know that a man/woman who treats God like a spare tyre sets himself/herself up for disappointments and confusion. You cannot follow after your 5 senses and your flesh and then run to God when trouble hits. Stay with Him continually and seek to hear His voice in every DAILY step. If you want to hear God’s voice clearly, if you want to discern His will and purpose for your life, you must set no idols in your heart. Obadiah 17 says that MOUNT ZION shall contain deliverance, holiness and God’s people shall possess their possessions. No wonder Dallas Willard wrote: “Few people arise in the morning as hungry for God as they are for cornflakes or toast and egg.” The Mount Zion of the 21st century is your heart! What idols have you set in your heart? An idol is anything that you love so much and can take the same time you give to God. Oh, idols in your heart can hinder your possessing your possessions! Idols in ZION can turn ZION into a place of regrets instead of a place of rejoicing! For example, if in the mornings you spend one hour for your “Hair do” instead of your normal one hour with God, then your physical look is your idol. If you spend an hour before your dressing mirror and just 20 minutes in prayer to seek God, then your physical look is your idol. If you spend so much money on other issues of life but give God “peanuts”, then your money is your idol. Your idol can be your husband or wife, children, your job, career, business, or even your sleep when your midnight passion for your night prayers has faded. What are those things that you give more honour to than God? Arise today and tell the devil that UPON MOUNT ZION, THERE SHALL BE DELIVERANCE AND HOLINESS AND NO IDOL CAN STAND!
London Anointing service is Saturday August 8th, 3pm. THEME: THIS NONSENSE MUST STOP! COME WITH YOUR 2 PADLOCKS. Hands shall be laid on everyone present. Plan to be there.

BASIC SCRIPTURE:
Ezekiel 14:1-9

PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 1: My hope is built….
1. In your own words, pray seriously as you have been led.
2. Father, I repent from all kinds of idolatry and misplaced priorities and desires. Let Your Word search me out and cleanse me of all hidden/secret faults today.
3. Father, I SURRENDER all to You again today. Holy Ghost, deal with all IDOLS in my life and ministry.
Culled from Our Daily Manna daily devotional for August 3, 2015 by Revd Dr. Chris Kwakpovwe.
Visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com everyday to read a daily devotional.
Register on www.sleeksmart.com for your online phonebook (personal and company phonebook) with SMS facility and bulk SMS (PERSONALISED and non-personalised bulk SMS) services etc.

The Saints live by Faith in God and not by dogmas
Re: , by VLadipo: 9:21am On Aug 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The Saints live by Faith in God and not by dogmas

True

(1) (Reply)

Paying Tithe As A Student / Mo Duro Yiin Mo Bere Gbega / A Counter Thread The Black Stone Is Not Worshipped By Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.