Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan (41902 Views)

Urgent: How Do I Get To Immigration Office In Festac / Pls What Is The Cost Of An International Passport In Immigration Office Abuja / Who Knows D Address Of D Immigration Office In Asaba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2015
goryorhal:
The man no cheat you bro .. That's the amount here in Lagos .. Ikoyi ..
The price you saw online was the official price from the FGN .. You can do it yourself so far you can go extra length to get those documents requested ..
No big deal bro ..
The man no cheat you ..
those criminals are thieves in uniforms. I work in the abuja office and its not the same. Thanks for this thread, this will be investigated and those involved will be dealt with acccording to the laws.

This is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2015
@shadowwalker
Please do.
Lagos all the offices and Abeokuta.
Frustrating genuine applicants and making the due process seem like a herculean task.

@omokeji
Check the link kaka22 gave you
You should be able to do it at any office.
Its only data change or change of name that is done in Abuja.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
ugoboss26:

Bros abeg which state you apply
rivers state
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by walexnaira: 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
My friend! this is not new, and is not limited to Ibadan office alone, here in Lagos is the same thing as well. i am a living witnesses.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Emmahunk(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
CFCfan:

Point C has already been declared discriminatory and illegal by a federal court.

Please I will like to know your source about point C because up to close of work today letters of consent from fathers is still mandatory for Minors to be issued with passports.
I honestly hope you are not confusing Minors with the case of Niger wives. Niger wives are foreign women married to Nigerians.
Though not entitled to Nigerian passports, these women took the Nigeria Immigration Service to court for demanding letter of consent from husbands before their wives could be issued passports. They contended that if husbands should give their wives letters of consent that their wives should also give them letters of consent before they (husbands) should be issued passports.
The Federal Court granted their prayer.
This is a forum where different classes of people get information, it is therefore pertinent that any information given must be accurate
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Emmahunk:

Please I will like to know your source about point C because up to close of work today letters of consent from fathers is still mandatory for Minors to be issued with passports.
I honestly hope you are not confusing Minors with the case of Niger wives. Niger wives are foreign women married to Nigerians.
Though not entitled to Nigerian passports, these women took the Nigeria Immigration Service to court for demanding letter of consent from husbands before their wives could be issued passports. They contended that if husbands should give their wives letters of consent that their wives should also give them letters of consent before they (husbands) should be issued passports.
The Federal Court granted their prayer.
This is a forum where different classes of people get information, it is therefore pertinent that any information given must be accurate
Oops. I definitely mixed things up. The case I was referring to is the Niger wives case.
Thanks for your correction.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cmanforall:

Now you've seen the reason...
But I also noticed that I wasn't the only one who did and got same day... about 6 pple in my set that got attended to waited and collected tho I don't know how much they paid except for one guy based outside Nigeria who told me he was asked to pay 20 for renewal...
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by mickey45: 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
am in Lagos now...
K. Thanks
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by omokeji1958: 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
thanks bro,

someone told me i have to go to abuja for damaged passport, he said i can not do it in lagos here.

can you confirm that to me bro? or do u know someone that has the same issue before?
waiting for your responds bro

more blessing
shadowgwalker:
those criminals are thieves in uniforms. I work in the abuja office and its not the same. Thanks for this thread, this will be investigated and those involved will be dealt with acccording to the laws.

This is wrong.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by omokeji1958: 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
thanks bro,

someone told me i have to go to abuja for damaged passport, he said i can not do it in lagos here.

can you confirm that to me bro? or do u know someone that has the same issue before?

more blessing thanks
shadowgwalker:

This is wrong.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
omokeji1958:
thanks bro,

more blessing thanks
yeah, its done only in Abuja, anything concerning missing or damaged passport.

I dunno why they don't have a central database in this modern time.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by kaka22(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
OUTCOME OF MY MEETING WITH THE IMMIGRATION OFFICIAL TODAY...

After i collected my passport, i asked him why he collected 27500 from me when he knew that i had all my documents with me ... He said the 32 page passport was limited and it was because of his efforts that made the passport to be ready within three days. Note: The date of collection (3 days after application) was clearly written on the print out slip so there was nothing like fast tracking him. I asked for refund of part of the money if not all. He insisted that no one could get his passport quickly without paying such amount. We continued arguing forth and back. Then he called his superior who also corroborated the 27500 being the price. I was agape that they could an unwritten agreement to dupe me and Nigerians at large... I later left the place when i realised that there was nothing I could do again... I hope that others who want to process their international passport will apply online themselves and not be duped by corrupt officials...
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by goryorhal(m): 10:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
kaka22:
OUTCOME OF MY MEETING WITH THE IMMIGRATION OFFICIAL TODAY...

After i collected my passport, i asked him why he collected 27500 from me when he knew that i had all my documents with me ... He said the 32 page passport was limited and it was because of his efforts that made the passport to be ready within three days. Note: The date of collection (3 days after application) was clearly written on the print out slip so there was nothing like fast tracking him. I asked for refund of part of the money if not all. He insisted that no one could get his passport quickly without paying such amount. We continued arguing forth and back. Then he called his superior who also corroborated the 27500 being the price. I was agape that they could an unwritten agreement to dupe me and Nigerians at large... I later left the place when i realised that there was nothing I could do again... I hope that others who want to process their international passport will apply online themselves and not be duped by corrupt officials...

Seriously you get time bro .. Na Wetin u won hear u don hear ..
Leave those guys alone , Na their pension money dem dey collect .. Money wey e go don spend that same day ..
Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by omokeji1958: 2:17pm On Aug 10, 2015

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by omokeji1958: 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
please investigate i can even give you contact of some dismissed officers, that dose it
omokeji1958:
thanks bro,

more blessing
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by kaka22(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
omokeji1958:
still no going
There are three dots at the end of the address in the picture you uploaded. Remove the three dots and try again.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by omokeji1958: 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
no option for damaged passpost
kaka22:

There are three dots at the end of the address in the picture you uploaded. Remove the three dots and try again.

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by kaka22(m): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2015
omokeji1958:
no option for damaged passpost
Ok. I think you should go to the nearest immigration office for enquiry.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by 9cbaby(f): 8:23am On Aug 12, 2015
mickey45:

Where, when n how (online/off)?
Someone needs that info pls
Osun state,january 2015,not online.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by mickey45: 11:56am On Aug 12, 2015
9cbaby:
Osun state,january 2015,not online.

Please what documents did you go with?
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Harmony222(m): 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
@Op you werent cheated, i applied for renewal here at benin office on 10th though through my uncle n was charged 25k buh i kon add 1k for beer, scanned and was told twil b ready in few day due to the fact that 32pages which i applied for was not available but only 64pages whc cost 35k buh was asked to bring 33k... Toh as i no get so i chill for 32pages... I didnt feel cheated cos while in the waiting room i asked some ppl arnd hw much was collected n dey said 35k for 64 pages and 28k for 32pages so i jejeli quiet... Thing u guys should knw 'this is Nigeria'! If you choose to press charge na u go loose at d end cos trust me those guys coperate well! And for those who are thinking of online processing, pls better rethink and reconsoder because it only takes the grace of God for payments to go through (on atm's) and surely your precious 17k is wasted, thanks to our network....
Jm2cents...

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
Harmony222:
@Op you werent cheated, i applied for renewal here at benin office on 10th though through my uncle n was charged 25k buh i kon add 1k for beer, scanned and was told twil b ready in few day due to the fact that 32pages which i applied for was not available but only 64pages whc cost 35k buh was asked to bring 33k... Toh as i no get so i chill for 32pages... I didnt feel cheated cos while in the waiting room i asked some ppl arnd hw much was collected n dey said 35k for 64 pages and 28k for 32pages so i jejeli quiet... Thing u guys should knw 'this is Nigeria'! If you choose to press charge na u go loose at d end cos trust me those guys coperate well! And for those who are thinking of online processing, pls better rethink and reconsoder because it only takes the grace of God for payments to go through (on atm's) and surely your precious 17k is wasted, thanks to our network....
Jm2cents...

I hope you know its the same online or bank payments that your so called uncle will use.
NIS does not collect cash at any office. So its the same grace of God your 'uncle' will use with his arm card.

I repeat Do your online registration YOURSELF.
Anyone who collects money from you will be filling that form on your behalf and anything rubbish they input there is final.
Get all your documents yourself they are easy to get.

Stop feeding corruption and greed.
There is more than enough information on this thread to do the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Harmony222(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
salsera:

I hope you know its the same online or bank payments that your so called uncle will use.
NIS does not collect cash at any office. So its the same grace of God your 'uncle' will use with his arm card.

Anyone who collects money from you will be filling that form on your behalf and anything rubbish they input there is final.

firstly miss, do you know the difference btw management service and customer service? If you do then that answers your first statement.
Secondly miss, LOL! Are you a learner If NIS does not collect cash at office from then how do ppl mk payments? And saying my uncle will use his atm card to make payments so also shld all NIS staff use deir atm to mk payment for high number of applicants the recieve on daily basis? Smh!
Thirdly miss, only d handicapped, aged(some), underaged, and d illiterates wil deir forms b filled by who ever cares to help and FYI b4 datum are submitted for confirmation dey will always call u tu cross check any error dat needs correction.
In summary my dear miss, you are only talking from mere reasoning, i doubt you even own a passport.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by kaka22(m): 10:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Harmony222:

firstly miss, do you know the difference btw management service and customer service? If you do then that answers your first statement.
Secondly miss, LOL! Are you a learner If NIS does not collect cash at office from then how do ppl mk payments? And saying my uncle will use his atm card to make payments so also shld all NIS staff use deir atm to mk payment for high number of applicants the recieve on daily basis? Smh!
Thirdly miss, only d handicapped, aged(some), underaged, and d illiterates wil deir forms b filled by who ever cares to help and FYI b4 datum are submitted for confirmation dey will always call u tu cross check any error dat needs correction.
In summary my dear miss, you are only talking from mere reasoning, i doubt you even own a passport.
Salsera is right. You are speaking out of ignorance. Your uncle paid online using his or someone's atm card. I saw the printout from online payment when i went for the interview. You have no reason to overpay if you have all the documents required with you. NIS don't collect cash from anyone in the office but some of the officers collect and pay online on your behalf which you can do yourself.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Harmony222(m): 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2015
kaka22:

Salsera is right. You are speaking out of ignorance. Your uncle paid online using his or someone's atm card. I saw the printout from online payment when i went for the interview. You have no reason to overpay if you have all the documents required with you. NIS don't collect cash from anyone in the office but some of the officers collect and pay online on your behalf which you can do yourself.
goodluck
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Harmony222(m): 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
kaka22:

and this is why so many people remain dumb!!! The NIS staff uses bank draft ok! Lemme explain.... That amout you paid to d NIS staff will be sent to the bank laison office where the the actual amount is drafted and a confirmation slip is given which contains some digit pin you log into ther site to confirm payment... Bros i thought u were even smart enof...
P.S; to all those who feels doing it online is better feel free to n let the houx knw ur xperience...
#peace...
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by omokeji1958: 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
please i will like to do international passpost for my infant just 3 month how old, how much is it and wat are the document needed for the process
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by kaka22(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
Harmony222:
and this is why so many people remain dumb!!! The NIS staff uses bank draft ok! Lemme explain.... That amout you paid to d NIS staff will be sent to the bank laison office where the the actual amount is drafted and a confirmation slip is given which contains some digit pin you log into ther site to confirm payment... Bros i thought u were even smart enof...
P.S; to all those who feels doing it online is better feel free to n let the houx knw ur xperience...
#peace...
Well, I can see that you have chosen to be an ignoramus... Payment for services provided by immigration are now online. Check immigration website to confirm what I just told you http://immigration.gov.ng/

You don't want to accept the fact that you were duped by your uncle.
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Harmony222(m): 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
kaka22:

Well, I can see that you have chosen to be an ignoramus... Payment for services provided by immigration are now online. Check immigration website to confirm what I just told you http://immigration.gov.ng/

You don't want to accept the fact that you were duped by your uncle.
do you even know the info on that link u gave? You only showed how dumb and foolish u are! Carefully navigate on that link and u wil see where d names of banks are listed where payments are being made, now carefully re-read my previous post and compare! Its obvious u dont understand every word i have been saying, u just read to fulfil righteousness! At what class did u drop out Smh!
Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by kaka22(m): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2015
Harmony222:

do you even know the info on that link u gave? You only showed how dumb and foolish u are! Carefully navigate on that link and u wil see where d names of banks are listed where payments are being made, now carefully re-read my previous post and compare! Its obvious u dont understand every word i have been saying, u just read to fulfil righteousness! What class did u drop out Smh!
This was what salsera told you.
salsera:

This was your response...
Harmony222:

This was my response to your comment..
kaka22:

The fact still remains that NIS don't collect cash. If not because of corruption, they should direct all applicants to pay using their atm card or bank as the case may be... Your uncle surely played a fast one on you... The man that duped me took me to a cafe inside the immigration compound where I was a given a form to fill and I was asked to wait for an hour or so before I was called for interview... NIS officers use atm card for the application. The fact that you don't want to accept that you were duped by your uncle shows that you are in a state of denial...

2 Likes

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by kaka22(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
In addition to what I wrote, the information on immigration website about online payment by atm card or banks is for applicants. Whether you pay in bank or you use your atm card, you are suppose to pay about 17,500. NIS don't keep cash in office and that's why they don't issue out receipt after payment to an officer.

1 Like

Re: Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
@kaka22
Please ignore him, bank draft ko bank draft ni. Na pin to login abi? Congrats.

Let the truth be said and it has been.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Restricts Use Of Naira Denominated Cards Abroad / FG To Evacuate Nigerians From China After Viral Video Of Forced Eviction / Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.