Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

8 Month Pregnant Woman Loses Baby After Police Stripped And Beat Her. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 8 Month Pregnant Woman Loses Baby After Police Stripped And Beat Her. (462 Views)

Lady Stripped And Beaten By Nigerian Soldier For Wearing Camouflage (Video) / Man Kills His 8-Month Pregnant Lover In Abuja For Not Washing His Clothes(Photo) / Father Loses Baby During Hausa-Yoruba Clash In Mile 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Month Pregnant Woman Loses Baby After Police Stripped And Beat Her. by Dreamaliveent: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2015
A mother of two, who gave her name as Chika Elekwachi has lost her pregnancy following police brutality. Narrating her ordeal, she said:
“On July 19, 2015 at about 7 pm, I was driving along Old Ojo Road to my house in my Infinity QX35 Sports Utility Vehicle with registration number MUS157DG.

Park or I fire you: “In the vehicle with me were two friends of mine. On getting to Pako Bus-stop, a mini-bus with four occupants double-crossed us in a gestapo manner. This made me to suddenly apply the brake. At that point, occupants of the mini-bus, who were dressed in civil attire, jumped out of the bus. One of the gun-wielding men had a black branded police T-shirt.I was ordered out of the car by the police who yelled, ‘’Park or I fire you’’. Another one spoke in pidgin English, ‘’Oga na pregnant woman o.’’

In response, the first policeman said: ‘’If na pregnant woman nko, I will kill her if she is not careful.’’ Before I could move, my front doors were flung open and I was pulled out of the vehicle.All my pleadings that I was eight months pregnant fell on deaf ears, as they continued to beat me. I was dragged on the floor and eventually stripped naked.The incident attracted a sympathetic crowd, whose pleadings were ignored because the men insisted that I would follow them to the station,” she recalled.
As she continued, Mrs Elekwachi said:

“While I sat on the floor to cover my unclothedness, having been stripped naked, the police men began to drag me; while struggling with them, I fell and hit my stomach on the floor.“The men were not deterred as they carried me to the station where I was dragged out of the vehicle. It was there that I got a phone from a passer-by and called my family to intimate them about my ordeal. It was at this stage that the Divisional Crime Officer, DCO, came out to know what caused the pandemonium outside, because I had lost consciousness.

I was then taken to Safe Hands Medical Centre, where I was diagnosed of maternal trauma and placenta abruption. As a result of that, a caesarean operation was carried out on me to bring out the baby, who died after four days in an incubator at Outreach Medical Centre, Satellite Town”.

read full info here: http://www.dreamaliveent.com/2015/08/8-month-pregnant-woman-loses-baby-after.html

1 Share

Re: 8 Month Pregnant Woman Loses Baby After Police Stripped And Beat Her. by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2015
Chai. Man's inhumanity and wickedness to their fellows increases day by day. Hardly any day goes by without hearing about shedding of blood and inhumane treatment to their fellows. Hmmm. The police that was to ensure law and order are now on the heat of becoming terrorist. Hmmm End time things
Re: 8 Month Pregnant Woman Loses Baby After Police Stripped And Beat Her. by BRIGHTTAZ: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2015
Smh
Re: 8 Month Pregnant Woman Loses Baby After Police Stripped And Beat Her. by Mancity26(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2015
Yes.. When I say dat i prefer doz Lekki Robbers dan Naija police ppl go dey insult me but I knw wetin i dey talk, no see pesin wife. I beliv doz bastaaaard no get wife for house. Imagine d pain d woman pass tru... I tink FG shuld withdraw N/Army frm Borno and send naija police dia, I hate police with reason. Naija police pure example of wild animal...#funnynation comedian

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Borno Market, 50km From Biu / Breaking: APC Vice Chairman Resigns / Son Of The V-C Of Uniport Has Been Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.