Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,369 members, 7,861,015 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] - Phones (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (442076 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by hero10(m): 6:12am On Oct 25, 2015
priscaoge:

How did u change Ur Imei? Is it through Mobile Uncle? I want to change mine as well
download mtk engineering on playstore
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by hero10(m): 6:15am On Oct 25, 2015
Akinsola30:
done,thanks a lot brother
uwc
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by priscaoge(f): 6:16am On Oct 25, 2015
hero10:

I have Mobile Uncle and it didn't work? Is it different from MTK Engineering?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 6:19am On Oct 25, 2015
I just succeeded in rooting my phone after temporarily bricking it. I will be posting the procedure here. Nobody should be afraid of bricking his camon c8 because 1, the phone is cheap and it's a crappy rubbish , 2, stock rom for the camon c8 can now be downloaded at romkingz.net. to unbrick it. Now to the procedure.. Download the files, install mtk vcom drivers, open sp flash tool on your pc and run as Administrator, load scatter file, click on download, now connect your already turned off camon c8 to the computer via USB. Wait for the green pass mark to appear...... THE IMMEDIATELY BOOT TO RECOVERY. NOTE THAT IF YOU SIMPLY TURN ON YOUR PHONE AFTER FLASHING THE RECOVERY FULE, ANDROID WILL REPLACE YOUR FLASHD RECOVERY WITH THE ORIGINAL STOCK RECOVERY....... after booting into recovery, twrp recovery will come up and ask you if you want to modify recovery. Swipe to modify else it will be replaced on next reboot. Note also... DON'T ATTEMPT TO ALLOW THE TWRP TO INSTALL ITS OWN SUPER SU IF IT ASKS YOU TO, BECAUSE THAT WAS WHAT GOT MY PHONE BRICKED. INSTALL SUPER SU BY clicking on install, chose your zip file which contains the super su which you downloaded and install it. Reboot phone and wait for it to boot up. Might take a long while to. Just be patient

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 25, 2015
lukmoore:
that's not what i meant. I mean if i connect my phone to my pc sp flashtool will not start downloading and if i disconnect my phone i get an error "2005 brom can not start command... "

You need vcom drivers installed on your PC
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by priscaoge(f): 7:12am On Oct 25, 2015
hero10:

Don't worry Dear, just downloaded it and it worked. Using Glo BIS on my C8. Thanks
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by abdulatif8: 7:36am On Oct 25, 2015
grin I'm back online. drop your number for whatsapp group add up. thanks
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by gabylzy(m): 8:57am On Oct 25, 2015
To all those complaining bout not receiving whatsapp mesg or bbm..when yu not on d app..yu must av done somtin in settings that has to do with app. a friend of mine had d same ish i jst went 2 d settings cnt remember whr tho. It has to do with making background app not run, so you jst av 2 put it off nd evrything will be normal. b4 yu guyz discourage pple of buying the fone

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by lukmoore: 9:04am On Oct 25, 2015
dewisefrank:

You need vcom drivers installed on your PC
i have it installed... the sp flashtool could detect when i disconnect my phone.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by lukmoore: 9:14am On Oct 25, 2015
Is it compossary tp run sp flashtool as administrator? Cuz i remember i didn't and could that be tje reason i was unable to root it?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by hero10(m): 9:41am On Oct 25, 2015
priscaoge:

Don't worry Dear, just downloaded it and it worked. Using Glo BIS on my C8. Thanks
uwc dear
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2015
lukmoore:
Is it compossary tp run sp flashtool as administrator? Cuz i remember i didn't and could that be tje reason i was unable to root it?
just follow my procedure. If it doesn't work for you, re-download the file directly from site. You have to register to be able to. Maybe the one you downloaded is corrupt. I downloaded directly from
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 10:05am On Oct 25, 2015
Please who knows how to edit build prop because that's the only way we can resolve this multi tasking issue and to hell with those lazy tecno developer
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by lukmoore: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
macbeyland:
Please who knows how to edit build prop because that's the only way we can resolve this multi tasking issue and to hell with those lazy tecno developer
don't spoil your phone o! Once i'm rooted i will post the fix i already have it.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
lukmoore:
don't spoil your phone o! Once i'm rooted i will post the fix i already have it.
OK. I am waiting. Am already rooted, if you follow my procedure, Am sure you won't have any issue
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by demsid(m): 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
1 week used tecno camon c8 for sale. Interested buyers should call me on 08087219596. It's still new. U will get everything pack, charger, earpiece receipt. Everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by dahdon(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
macbeyland:

OK. I am waiting. Am already rooted, if you follow my procedure, Am sure you won't have any issue
bruh.,its still not detecting my fone even after installing the vcom driver.(using windows 8.1)
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by dahdon(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rooted

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
dahdon:
bruh.,its still not detecting my fone even after installing the vcom driver.(using windows 8.1)
I also used windows 8.1 to do mine. Just ensure that you uninstall all old drivers for the phone then install the vcom drivers. Also check your USB cable
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by dahdon(m): 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
macbeyland:
I also used windows 8.1 to do mine. Just ensure that you uninstall all old drivers for the phone then install the vcom drivers. Also check your USB cable
done
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by puresoul1(m): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
dahdon:
Rooted
can u just help us with the recovery not flashing the whole rom
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by lukmoore: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Rooted... We would need to make a custom rom based on android 5.1.1... The fix i had needs xposed framework to work and xposed framework currently does not support ARM v8 which is what our phone's chipset is based on.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by michade(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
gabylzy:
To all those complaining bout not receiving whatsapp mesg or bbm..when yu not on d app..yu must av done somtin in settings that has to do with app. a friend of mine had d same ish i jst went 2 d settings cnt remember whr tho. It has to do with making background app not run, so you jst av 2 put it off nd evrything will be normal. b4 yu guyz discourage pple of buying the fone
Can you please be precise abt the settings because am facing the said ish. Thanks
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Slatemsk(m): 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
macbeyland:
I just succeeded in rooting my phone after temporarily bricking it. I will be posting the procedure here. Nobody should be afraid of bricking his camon c8 because 1, the phone is cheap and it's a crappy rubbish , 2, stock rom for the camon c8 can now be downloaded at romkingz.net. to unbrick it. Now to the procedure.. Download the files, install mtk vcom drivers, open sp flash tool on your pc and run as Administrator, load scatter file, click on download, now connect your already turned off camon c8 to the computer via USB. Wait for the green pass mark to appear...... THE IMMEDIATELY BOOT TO RECOVERY. NOTE THAT IF YOU SIMPLY TURN ON YOUR PHONE AFTER FLASHING THE RECOVERY FULE, ANDROID WILL REPLACE YOUR FLASHD RECOVERY WITH THE ORIGINAL STOCK RECOVERY....... after booting into recovery, twrp recovery will come up and ask you if you want to modify recovery. Swipe to modify else it will be replaced on next reboot. Note also... DON'T ATTEMPT TO ALLOW THE TWRP TO INSTALL ITS OWN SUPER SU IF IT ASKS YOU TO, BECAUSE THAT WAS WHAT GOT MY PHONE BRICKED. INSTALL SUPER SU BY clicking on install, chose your zip file which contains the super su which you downloaded and install it. Reboot phone and wait for it to boot up. Might take a long while to. Just be patient
Do I need Internet connection to do dis
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by supersam95(m): 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Micheezy7:
Tecno c8 is now rootable
you hav not idea how excited I am abt this... I will try it tomorrow tho I hope the flash tool flashes d twrp to my fone
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by supersam95(m): 12:05am On Oct 26, 2015
Pls group admin add me up to the group this is my number 07057135861
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 2:01am On Oct 26, 2015
Slatemsk:

Do I need Internet connection to do dis
no. Only to download the softwares
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by mytym1: 3:51am On Oct 26, 2015
macbeyland:

Rooted thanks bro you're too much

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by onyeuka: 6:36am On Oct 26, 2015
macbeyland:

Thanks Bro

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by libertyfo: 6:40am On Oct 26, 2015
ohm!! who stays in Ibadan around dugbe,mokola,eleyele or sango that can help me root my phone? I dunno how to go about the flash flash things. please help a brother in need
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Chidexter(m): 7:10am On Oct 26, 2015
hahahaha. I always knew this tecno camon would be crap.

The very moment i went to inquire bout infinix hot note pro, the seller advised me to purchase the tecno camon for 27k.

I dey mad?. When i can get infinix for 24k octa core long lasting battery processor speed 2gb ram, 16gb and many more.

LOL.... This camon 8 was overhyped! Besides the camera, which was still below expectations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (136) (Reply)

How To Write Colored Text On Facebook / List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.