Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. (716 Views)

Active Facebook Account / Old Facebook Account Login Needed Asap . Inbox Me Your Price / Why Don't Naija Bloggers Help Each Other? If You Teach Someone Will You Die? (2) (3) (4)

See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by naijaedutech: 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2015

Have you ever wondered of what will happen to your Facebook account after you die? That's a creepy thought right? A recent research carried out shows that about 428 Facebook users die every hour , 10,273 users die everyday. What this research has shown now is that if Facebook continues to grow at the rate it is growing now, dead Facebook users will soon outnumber the living.

One of the very controversial issues in the social media space today is what happens to your social media data after you die. Different Social networks have chose to tackle this issue differently.

This post will focus on what happens to your Facebook account after you die.

Facebook's policy on death is to turn the deceased user's profile into a memorial.

If you pass away, your friends and family can request that your account be memorialized. Memorialized accounts are a place for friends and family to gather and share memories after a person has passed away. They have the following key features:Facebook dead

The word Remembering will be shown next to the person's name on their profile
Depending on the privacy settings of the account, friends can share memories on the memorialized Timeline
Content the person shared (ex: photos, posts) stays on Facebook and is visible to the audience it was shared with
Memorialized profiles don't appear in public spaces such as in suggestions for People You May Know, ads or birthday reminders
No one can log into a memorialized account
Groups with an admin whose account was memorialized will be able to select new admins
Pages with a sole admin whose account was memorialized will be removed from Facebook if we receive a valid request

Additionally, your family can ask that your account be removed from Facebook.

However, Facebook recently introduced the Legacy Account. So you will will able to hand -select a legacy contact. According to Facebook, that person will be able to: “Pin a post on your timeline, respond to new friend requests, [and] update your profile picture.” “Facebook users will also have the option to allow their legacy contact to download an archive of the photos, posts, and profile information they had shared on the site,”

This feature however is not available in every country at the moment.

Do you think this cool? We will be talking about other Social Media and how they handle this issue in our subsequent posts.

http://socialmediaarena.com/2015/07/see-what-happens-to-your-facebook-account-when-you-die/
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by INTROVERT(f): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by nikkiking(m): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
I laterally don't understand what i have just read.
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Why will someone update the facebook profile of a dead personangry
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by badaoyeyemi(f): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
?/
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by Louis055(m): 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
Its something like next of kin I guess
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
let d dead rest in peace na.....
which kind wahala be this?
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by zadok60: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
you just making my mood worst this moment..
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by ikbnice(m): 1:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
very soon, there would be online wake-keep and burial ceremony.
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
How do I deactivate my late sister's Facebook account? @op...?
I didnt get it from your writeup embarassed
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by Warlord3000(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Interesting... One of the questions people are scared to ask about cos of their beliefs and myths about death related subject
Re: See What Happens To Your Facebook Account When You Die. by tbsnetworks: 8:18am On Aug 14, 2015
you active your reliable person to handle your profile after death. The new service to be avail soon on facebook. Outsourced Technical Support | Managed IT Support Services

/ How Do I Show Youtube Videos On My Site? / The Nigeria's Best Bulk SMS Portal - Smsnaija247 - [Watch Our Videos]