Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,294 members, 7,850,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:20 PM

Am In Love With A Graduate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am In Love With A Graduate (1251 Views)

Banker Who Fell In Love With A Customer & Married Her Tells His Luv Story(Pics) / Help!i Am Madly In Love With My Wife Best Friend / Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am In Love With A Graduate by mannyem(m): 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2006
I've been enjoyn myself on this site for the past sometime now, i came on this site with a problem in my mind, but am sure pple on the site will solve my problem with advice(s).
Am a guy of 28 with little education say O.level but due to internet and computer generation i look like a graduate or whatever. d's a lady of 24+ dats want to hook with me she a graduate and am not a graduate but am scare to get along with her though i love her and she love me too. am sure from my mind dat am reach to marry but the situation of the country and i want to get back all wot i have not be able to do b4 i hook with any one. pls help me.
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by Olumide7(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2006
If you don't speak or act like an illiterate and you have a source of income (graduate or no graduate) go with the flow since u re in love with each other.
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by GNature(m): 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2006
@mannyem

You have to just go ahead with pursuing the relationship (unless she objects). Some graduates want to marry graduates, while others don't mind. After going out for a while, a better picture will emerge - you will know for certain if it can work out or not.

Good luck.
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by Busta(f): 12:39am On Oct 02, 2006
u shld not underestimate ursef or degrade, u shld keep pirorities and hold ur head high not witstanding.

wateva that is meant to be will be, no need to force it!
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by freshB2: 12:02am On Oct 03, 2006
Brof, brof. what will the children eat if mistake happen?
who will pay the hospital bills if "devil" make her get belle?
unless yu no yu work or intend to work from now, if not na no go area oh.

ask yourself if this is really for love. or just for beauty or do as others do
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by windywendy(f): 12:08am On Oct 05, 2006
Hmmm, i won't say don't go ahead with the relationship. But for real, incompartibility on an intellectual level can put quite a strain on any relationship, especially if your ways of thinking are vastly different. Right now, those differences might not be noticeable because of the flurry and excitement of falling in love. But when things settle into a more normal routine, the differences can become a problem unless they're handled in a matured way.

Of course being that it's you, the guy, who's less educated, there might also be a tendency for you to develop a complex over time. You might begin to misinterprete some of her actions as being proud because she's more educated than you are. this in turn might lead to her becoming uncomfortable with you and with time she might begin to prefer hanging out with people of like minds or in circles where she feels more comfortable, and this inturn might make you feel insecure, and lead to a host of other problems that are best avoided (you get my drift ??)

So the bottomline is: discuss all of these issues thoroughly before you commit. Get to know her social circle and see if you can fit in comfortably. Talk to her and get her views on any issues bugging you and then based on your assessment, determine if it's worth going ahead with. That's your homework grin grin

Goodluck man!! cool
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by freshB2: 12:27am On Oct 05, 2006
windy & wendy talk true, but you still suppose get job wey dey permanent.
if not, i no see how the something go work oh.
children no go come? woman palava no go come?
inlaw thing no go come?
family inlaw nogo come?
friendz inlaw no go come? even village inlaw go come. + includin ya own family things.
abegi yu naw, brof go get some bizness or work before you do am
nobi sey i wan pursue you from the queen. com go follow back marry her, but i wan make she an you live happily. no money for your hand? stereotypy go com in
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by holythug(m): 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2007
in nigeria being a graduate does not mean u will make it, abi i lie
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by janami(f): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2007
@Holythug
u r right, being a graduate is no assurance this days. chk out plenty jobless graduates. na panli we go chop?
if he has a source of daily income and is capable of taking care of her, there is no problem. How many wealthy nigerians went to skool?
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by ifyalways(f): 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2007
janami:

@Holythug
you're right, being a graduate is no assurance this days. chk out plenty jobless graduates. na panli we go chop?
if he has a source of daily income and is capable of taking care of her, there is no problem. How many wealthy nigerians went to school?

cant agree less with you.
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by Dreloaded(f): 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2007
janami:

@Holythug
. How many wealthy nigerians went to school?

That's because fake "government" contracts and money rituals dont require education.
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by janami(f): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2007
@reloaded
forget money rituals and fake govt contract. I know a lot of wealthy nigerians with no education who have made it today, even better than grads. Howmany grads are doing what they went to study in school? The nigerian situation is not all about education again. When some drivers are being paid 25k and some graduate jobs 15k, who get money pass? i wld rather opt to be a driver anyday rather than tk a 15k job. Besides business acumen and true talents do not require any education at all
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by marlet01(m): 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2007
@mannyem

I wonder why you are scared. You love her and she loves you so get along with her and see what comes out of it.
Cheers!
Re: Am In Love With A Graduate by adeboo(f): 9:36pm On Dec 05, 2007
But if she is cool about you not being a graduate then whats the stress?

Like u said there is so much out there that can help u match your skills to her - there are so many people i know that have never even reached university that they are brilliant because they have educated themselves.

If u can do that for urself because what will happen is that when she gets in her circle of friends, then u will feel inferior so for urself just educate urself.

(1) (Reply)

Hey Ppl: Help Needed / Need A Hall Around Isolo/ire Akari / Asaba: House Girl Gives Birth To Baby Boy, Buries Him In Shallow Grave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.