Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Advice Needed Please On Selling Equity In My Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice Needed Please On Selling Equity In My Business (467 Views)

Invest To Own An Equity In A Promising Tech (SaaS) Startup / Equity Market Posts 1.51% Gain To Reverse Downtrend / Good Reasons On Selling Products Using Online Advertising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please On Selling Equity In My Business by grownaira: 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
Good day fellows.

Please I need advice from those with
experience.

I have a manufacturing business, which I have
so far invested close to N2,000,000. This amount went mainly into machinery and rent
of factory. A little was left for raw materials,
and because of that, we are operating less
than 20% our installed capacity.

The business have great potentials, and the
fact that the product we produce is included
in the list of products the government is
looking into banning its importation
completely (their is currently a partial ban on
it), we foresee greater potentials in the
business.

Operating 80% our installed capacity, we
forecast a realistic annual net profit of
N24,000,000. This figure is expected to
triple as the demand for our products
increase and we expand our operations in
the next 3 years.

Now someone is interested in investing in
our business in exchange for equity.
Considering the bolded above:

1. What do you think the whole business is
worth?

2. If I am to sell 25% of the equity, how
much should it go for.

Thanks in anticipation of your favourable
responses.
Re: Advice Needed Please On Selling Equity In My Business by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
OP, just get experts to do a proper valuation of the company and determine it's exact worth as it is now, then you can know the exact value of the percentage you want to sell. That's my opinion.
Re: Advice Needed Please On Selling Equity In My Business by grownaira: 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
EmmaFantastic:
OP, just get experts to do a proper valuation of the company and determine it's exact worth as it is now, then you can know the exact value of the percentage you want to sell. That's my opinion.

Thanks boss. someone had done justice to the topic on a similar thread i created in investment section.
Although i am not selling again.
Re: Advice Needed Please On Selling Equity In My Business by Kaykaymil(m): 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
There is a Thin line between equity and Loan repayment. In equity you have to show your investor an exit plan in the event of failure of the venture.

Please First Valuate your company > Negotiate with your potential investor on how much he would pay for 25% based on your current valuation.

(1) (Reply)

7 Important Things Women Want You To Do In Bed - / Join This Bbm Channel On Group Importation / Affordable 240 Waste Bin Now Available!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.