Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

My Campus Night Class Experience - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Campus Night Class Experience (2812 Views)

My Campus Boyfriend Request Sex Please What Can I Do / 10 Categories Of Students That Attends Night Class In Universities / My Weird Experience During Night Class... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Campus Night Class Experience by luchiano1(m): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
When I first came into campus I often see students at night dressed as if they were going on a camp retreat. Some of them would wear huge sweaters, thick hand gloves and matching stockings which often portray them as astronauts getting ready for a launch into space. There were often those who would carry long wrappers with food flasks safely tucked in their bags before setting off into the night. Where are these students going to? I asked a fellow student. ” E clear say u be jambito” he said, looking at me like I was some sort of a small child who needed to be told the difference between A and B. They are off to night class, don’t you know exam is fast approaching? he responded and hurried to catch up with his friends as they set for night class. The next day, I decided to join the night class train. I arranged the list of courses to read, took my sweater and my reading lamp because I was told that the school authority usually puts off the school generator by 2.00am and that the classes are usually cold at night. I strolled hurriedly from my hostel to the faculty of education. On getting there, I noticed that the whole classes were filled up with students squeezing themselves in six and sevens into a sit that was originally made to accommodate a maximum of four people. What a comfortable way to read, I said to myself sarcastically. To make matters worst, there were scores of students waiting impatiently outside each class to carry out a displacement reaction on anyone that might venture out of the class thus resulting to a strong exchange of words when the owner of the sit returns to find out that he or she has been displaced. To avoid any rancour with anyone, I quietly set out to the faculty of social and management science which is also nicknamed “faculty” on getting there, I thought I had entered a night market rather than a night class. However, the classes were not as filled as those in the faculty of education so I quickly made my self comfortable in one of the classes. When I brought out my book to read, I noticed the guy sitting next to me was stretching out his neck to see the book I was going to read. After taking a full glance, he smiled and whispered faintly to himself but I was sure I heard what those big lips of his muttered out, “jambito” that is what he said. I looked at my GST 111 textbook with the bold heading” philosophy and logic” which was staring back at me as if to tell me that I am not in the same league with the dude sitting next to me for he was reading a textbook so big you would think he was actually using it to find out the location of a lost treasure. After two hours of intense concentration, I heard a trumpet so loud that it could have single handedly fallen down the walls of Jericho and the great wall of china put together. Yes! It was the snoring of a student whose large nostrils was positioned right in front of me. The girl sitting behind me had since left leaving her books behind after a guy came in to call her to a closed door meeting. After awhile I came out to answer the call of nature and was moved by the number of people I saw clinging on to their phones and holding it close to their ears. I looked at my watch, it was past 12:45am, I immediately knew it was the hours of night call. Gush! I couldn’t concentrate and my eyes were heavy? I closed by eyes to sleep but was suddenly woken up from shouts all around me to find a guy being beaten by fellow students. According to the story, his hands had wondered far into a girl’s blouse. The girl had raised an alarm which prompted quick action from other students to pounce on him. I couldn’t sleep again that night and waited for eternity for the morning to come. Someone in the class caught my curiosity, it was a guy sleeping on one of the chairs, I noticed he had been sleeping even before I came into the class. He was suddenly woken up by his phone’s alarm. He stared at his watch, packed his books and hurried out of the class for it was already morning. When I got home that morning, I slept like a log of wood for hours. After I woke up, I relayed the event of last night in my head and boy! It was truly an overwhelming experience.
Share your experience.

2 Likes

Re: My Campus Night Class Experience by hemsquare(m): 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
students life
Re: My Campus Night Class Experience by luchiano1(m): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
Dat was my school days in uniben
Re: My Campus Night Class Experience by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
..dude sitting next to me for he was reading a textbook so big you would think he was actually using it to find out the location of a lost treasure.
This got me cracking. grin
Re: My Campus Night Class Experience by luchiano1(m): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmm. Its actually common among medicine students who have extremely extra large textbooks
Re: My Campus Night Class Experience by Jamaticulus(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kaaai...Night Klass! Deceivers Asscocation Of Nigeria.
Imagine u sittin upper stand of moderate capacity lecture halls. And some one at ur front in the lower stand at the front brings out his/her lappy to watch one badht action film. Mehn...aswear u no fit concentrate. U no go even knw wen u comot for ur seat,go sit directly behind d guy with a lappy. Na dia ur night klass go finish!

(1) (Reply)

*** / ASUU Strike: Meeting Didn't Hold Today Till Wednesday 28th October. / University Of Jos New Look , See Stunning New Infrastructural Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.