Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,097 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) (49912 Views)

AMLAD'S PLACE: 1 & 2 Bedroom Flat At Banana Island Way / For Sale: Luxury 4bedroom Terrace Duplex (service) @ Banana Island (pictures). / Luxury 5bedroom Fully Detached Without Pool For Sale @ Banana Island (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Sinbad2007(m): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
Op try and carry out a thorough investigation please cos as far as this post is concerned, you're biased

1 Like

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by doctokwus: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
deadZONE:
daftness of the year! this report is about a piece of land and not on the beauty of banana island... if u want to witness the beauty of banana island take ur cheap broke ass to lagos and see it... we cant keep on hiding lies and human violations brought by this new government... even if buhari is ur father let the truth be told... this general should be stripped of all his honors and sent to sambisa forest with a gun nd one bullet.
Who is this?
Pls don't ever quote me again because I wouldn't take it lightly with u next time.

1 Like

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by zeusdgrt(m): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
doctokwus:
What has brought the new govt into this issue?
The petitioner finds it easy to question the essence of change Nigerians voted for but cannot first do the simple task of mentioning the name of d so called general.
Mention d name of d pson if u sure of your facts,not trying to blackmail a govt with wide allegations.
As an aside,with the cost of land in banana island and d way d place is hyped,I was expecting to see exquisitely tarred roads, non visible electric cables (underground electric cables) and fancy cars;but what am seeing in these pictures is an anticlimax.
A destined pork stock foolish foool like you should have been thrown away and flushed in the toilet so that this highly stupid comments you typed shuldnt be imagined or seen on a credible fragile issue such as this!
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Amazo: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
DaSilvaFemi:
Nigerian Army General And PIC In Land Grabbing Scandal At Banana Island

Under the orders of an Army General and the Presidential Implementation Committee (PIC) Some men of the Nigerian Navy and the Nigerian Army Illegally and in contravention of a court injunction stormed a massive expanse of land around Onikoyi area of Banana Island in Ikoyi, owned by the Onikoyi and other private citizens and forcefully ejected workers and the owners of the land.

They later moved on to expand their land grabbing operation using violence and weapons assigned them to serve and protect citizens. A senior officer among the soldiers said they were acting on the orders of the Presidency/Federal Govt. This operation which was instigated by a Nigerian Army General who is also known to be a key financier of the seating Presidents election campaign has seen the alleged Land Grabbers forcefully take control of prime water front properties spanning acres and worth 400Million Naira per plot. The land grabbing exercise by these individual wreaks of gross abuse of power. This is not the change we votes for. As at the time of this post men of the Nigerian Army were seen on the premises guarding the land. There are also reports that these land now siezed by the Presidential Implementation Committee would be used in the settlement of key past and present political figures. More evidence on their activities will be postedon this thread shortly.

Perhaps it is true that Power corrupts absolutely.After the abuse the GEJ Government meted on Nigerians, which led to their ousting, President Mohammadu Buhari and his handlers are forgetting what bad governance is with this abuse of power. We shall get to the bottom of this.

- Femi DaSilva

The following pictures were taken by fearful bystanders some of whom were later forced into corporal punishments by the officers pictured.

The Onikoyi should show us the receipts of purchase for the lands and case closed; but wait, he likely can't because, em, the lands are ancestral lands that were freely bequeathed to him by the ancestors, who inherited them freely from the ancestral gods, who are the original land owners but aren't even Nigerians to begin with! Smh, Nigerian kings have been stealing choice lands with impunity throughout Nigeria since God knows when.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by shizzy7(f): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
Amazo:

The Onikoyi should show us the receipts of purchase for the lands and case closed; but wait, he likely can't because, em, the lands are ancestral lands that were freely bequeathed to him by the ancestors, who inherited them freely from the ancestral gods, who are the original land owners but aren't even Nigerians to begin with! Smh, Nigerian kings have been stealing choice lands with impunity throughout Nigeria since God knows when.
THANK YOU 1PLOT IN THAT AREA IS #200mill.. SEE ALL THE LAND THAT BELONGS TO THEM,, WHO DID THEY BUY IT From,,THEY CALL THE PLACE ONIKOYI AREA,, they should explain how its for them.. everywhere is owned by Royal families even Beach.. what value does royal families add to Nigeria(NS)..,,,

ROYAL FAMILIES AND POLITICIANS ARE BOTH THIEVES.... THEY SHOULD ALL BE PROBED..

1 Like

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by bigiyaro(m): 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
See what the Nigerian Army has been reduced to under this present government of Buhari. Oh!...I weep for this country.
keep weepin, ur common sence no tell u say PMB is tryin hard to re-professionalize our armed forces after GEJ aka d clueless one, reduced dem to ordinary boys scouts. Dis officer will be cut to size if d land owners can simply write a petition to PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by rekomycin: 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
Change indeed

1 Like

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by DaSilvaFemi: 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
doctokwus:
The petitioner finds it easy to question the essence of change Nigerians voted for but cannot first do the simple task of mentioning the name of d so called general.
Mention d name of d pson if u sure of your facts,not trying to blackmail a govt with wide allegations.
As an aside,with the cost of land in banana island and d way d place is hyped,I was expecting to see exquisitely tarred roads, non visible electric cables (underground electric cables) and fancy cars;but what am seeing in these pictures is an anticlimax.

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
Everyone knows its tinubu using buhari's influence to grab land. We know tinubu and oni ikoyi has a long standing feud over lands on the island
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Johnsoneshio(m): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
DaSilvaFemi:
Nigerian Army General And PIC In Land Grabbing Scandal At Banana Island

Under the orders of an Army General and the Presidential Implementation Committee (PIC) Some men of the Nigerian Navy and the Nigerian Army Illegally and in contravention of a court injunction stormed a massive expanse of land around Onikoyi area of Banana Island in Ikoyi, owned by the Onikoyi and other private citizens and forcefully ejected workers and the owners of the land.

They later moved on to expand their land grabbing operation using violence and weapons assigned them to serve and protect citizens. A senior officer among the soldiers said they were acting on the orders of the Presidency/Federal Govt. This operation which was instigated by a Nigerian Army General who is also known to be a key financier of the seating Presidents election campaign has seen the alleged Land Grabbers forcefully take control of prime water front properties spanning acres and worth 400Million Naira per plot. The land grabbing exercise by these individual wreaks of gross abuse of power. This is not the change we votes for. As at the time of this post men of the Nigerian Army were seen on the premises guarding the land. There are also reports that these land now siezed by the Presidential Implementation Committee would be used in the settlement of key past and present political figures. More evidence on their activities will be postedon this thread shortly.

Perhaps it is true that Power corrupts absolutely.After the abuse the GEJ Government meted on Nigerians, which led to their ousting, President Mohammadu Buhari and his handlers are forgetting what bad governance is with this abuse of power. We shall get to the bottom of this.

- Femi DaSilva

The following pictures were taken by fearful bystanders some of whom were later forced into corporal punishments by the officers pictured.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Amazo: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
See what the Nigerian Army has been reduced to under this present government of Buhari. Oh!...I weep for this country.

If you want to legally own a land in Nigeria, you'll have to pay for it or inherit it from someone who paid for it, and this goes for every citizen except...the brazen palace folks who think themselves as demigods. They want a land, they just claim it and attach some bogus fairytale to it and they are not to be challenged; in fact, it virtually becomes abominable and punishable not to accept their unverifiable claims hook, line and sinker. Then you see them automatically just have vast lands, sometimes running into thousands of acres, which they NOW SELL off to people, and sometimes at ridiculous sums. Does this make sense to you? It's unacceptable. The age of scientific reasoning is gradually coming alive in Nigeria and in due time we will bring the political dispensation of kings to an end and send them to political oblivion. As more critical thinkers are making way into the Nigerian government circles, we will push for the government system to evolve, and there will be an inevitable clash: science vs the ancestral gods. Nigerians will eventually find out that the "gods" can bleed - and bleed to death they shall angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Evaromantik(m): 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2015
Still the reason America has for refusing to sell weapon to you ooh Nigeria.......abeg America,if una wan sell una weapon to Nigeria,no forget to put "bullet-prove" for us wey dey live inside am........here na jungle
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by SeverusSnape(m): 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
Amazo:

If you want to legally own a land in Nigeria, you'll have to pay for it or inherit it from someone who paid for it, and this goes for every citizen except...the brazen palace folks who think themselves as demigods. They want a land, they just claim it and attach some bogus fairytale to it and they are not to be challenged; in fact, it virtually becomes abominable and punishable not to accept their unverifiable claims hook, line and sinker. Then you see them automatically just have vast lands, sometimes running into thousands of acres, which they NOW SELL off to people, and sometimes at ridiculous sums. Does this make sense to you? It's unacceptable. The age of scientific reasoning is gradually coming alive in Nigeria and in due time we will bring the political dispensation of kings to an end and send them to political oblivion. As more critical thinkers are making way into the Nigerian government circles, we will push for the government system to evolve, and there will be an inevitable clash: science vs the ancestral gods. Nigerians will eventually find out that the "gods" can bleed - and bleed to death they shall angry
That was brutal grin

You must be a fan of Leonidas, I am too.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by back2sender: 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
doctokwus:
Don't mind the buffon. since he knows the so called general why didn't he mention his name?
This is not how to play opposition , this people need to go to LAI University for a crash program.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
d gari I was drinking was seized by my neighbor on d orders of d presidency
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Brightology2(m): 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dis side nr get lite 4 d past 3 days.i dn tire 2 dey buy fuel
akinkk:
up nepa
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
Everytin Buhari,,person wife get miscarriage,,,Buhari......person wife was caught cheating,,,Buhari....person bet cast for nairabet,, Buhari....person miss FTC for nairaland, Buhari.....nawa o.....we love our president if u don't like it jumb in front of a speeding vehicle
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by tefund(m): 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
(underground electric cables) and fancy cars;but what am seeing in these pictures is an anticlimax.[/quote]i agree with you
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by purpledferanmi1: 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
Stop ur hate speech, sha buhari talk say make Dem seize land. Most times keeping quiet is an option, rather than take to social media to exhibit ur folly.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by isaacprinz(m): 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
Am so disapointed with the way some of you comment in this forum someone just post what he can not even be sure of all in the name of tryin to tanish the image of the army and the pressent. Government and some of u are already talkin bad about the army and government what an ungratefull lad......my hrt beats 4 ungreatfullness
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by engrshakespeare: 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
[quote author=SeverusSnape post=36665991]See what the Nigerian Army has been reduced to under this present government of Buhari. Oh!...I weep for this country.

U never weep, u want to believe this without enquiry. keep weeping and while you re at it dont forget to wail tongue
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by sonnie10: 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
shizzy7:
THANK YOU 1PLOT IN THAT AREA IS #200mill.. SEE ALL THE LAND THAT BELONGS TO THEM,, WHO DID THEY BUY IT From,,THEY CALL THE PLACE ONIKOYI AREA,, they should explain how its for them.. everywhere is owned by Royal families even Beach .. what value does royal families add to Nigeria(NS)..,,,

ROYAL FAMILIES AND POLITICIANS ARE BOTH THIEVES.... THEY SHOULD ALL BE PROBED..

So true, the Onikoyi owns everywhere in Lagos. But the Beaches and Lagoons he has reserved for special purpose. Like the saying goes, "when Warsaw saw war it crumbled." All men are equal.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Amazo: 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:

That was brutal grin

You must be a fan of Leonidas, I am too.

It's terrible to see that Nigerians have accepted oppression as normal, and have adjusted their lifestyles to a political system of oppression that has been running in the country for so long. It's so bad that most of the society have been brainwashed to the point that the oppressors are labeled as the "heros" of society, yet here's a country where even the so-called "middle / working class" are nothing but decorated slaves within the system. To buy a land and build, the system is such that a Nigerian has to pay the "land owner", the government, (directly or indirectly) the palaces, the palace militias, the touts of the palace militias, the touts of the touts of the palace militias, the riffraffs associated to the touts of the touts of the palace militias and so on. And yet these political oppressors and land violators will be the first to label as despotic any Nigerian government that doesn't tolerate their impunity and seeks to enforce its statutory duty as the true sole land administrator in the country. The gods must be crazy indeed...and soon enough we will make them bleed to death too angry!

1 Like

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Amazo: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
KingEli:
d gari I was drinking was seized by my neighbor on d orders of d presidency

grin grin grin And it has now been moved to Aso Rock for interrogation.

2 Likes

Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by BCJAY(f): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
I hope this is not an acting scene been framed. Looking at banana island even at night it does not depict this site i am seeing, but all is well the approriate authorities should investigate the matter.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by easiest(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Wetin concern buhari with this ? You better weep for your self instead
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by sbm060(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
smellos by der comment we know wu dey voted for @ eLection #jonathan
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by SeverusSnape(m): 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
sbm060:
smellos by der comment we know wu dey voted for @ eLection #jonathan
And I'll vote for him again, if the opportunity presents it self.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
As if they were used better under ogogoro jonathan. ? Shiooor
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by shurlermoz(m): 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
deadZONE:
daftness of the year! this report is about a piece of land and not on the beauty of banana island... if u want to witness the beauty of banana island take ur cheap broke ass to lagos and see it... we cant keep on hiding lies and human violations brought by this new government... even if buhari is ur father let the truth be told... this general should be stripped of all his honors and sent to sambisa forest with a gun nd one bullet.

Ok, we don hear you.

So which general is it so that we can effect your suggestion.

Na you I dey wait o.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by legatto(m): 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
Guy get ur facts b4 posting abeg, federal wetin u call am, this is the handiwork of the people who sell the land and decide to resell it again, I wonder even if gold sef dey that banana island wey land cost like say na aircraft den dey sell.
Re: Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) by Certifiedboss: 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
DaSilvaFemi:
Land Grabbing Scandal At Banana Island

They later moved on to expand their land grabbing operation using violence and weapons assigned them to serve and protect citizens. A senior officer among the soldiers said they were acting on the orders of the Presidency/Federal Govt. This operation has seen the alleged Land Grabbers forcefully take control of prime water front properties spanning acres and worth 400Million Naira per plot. The land grabbing exercise by these individual wreaks of gross abuse of power. This is not the change we votes for. As at the time of this post men of the Nigerian Army were seen on the premises guarding the land. More evidence on their activities will be posted on this thread shortly.

- Femi DaSilva

When I'm here looking for 500k to start up something someone will buy a plot of land (100×50) for 400m. .. that money will start me a bottled water factory

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja / Lagos Building Collapse: A Twitter User Complained About The Building 4 Days Ago / Latest Pictures Of Eko Atlantic International Commerce City, Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.