Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,922 members, 7,952,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? (7757 Views)

How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by bawomolo(m): 1:20am On Mar 24, 2009
please let us be objective here. I have decided to ignore the seemingly obvious irrationality and insanity in the pioneer concept of evolution for the sake of objectivity. I have posted on this thread my creationism beliefs as seen in Genesis 1, which is what i expect u to either address or attack.
or better still u can as well adress the obvious differences between evolution and creationism.

dude this is all verbose that can be truncated to " i don't agree with your point of view"

simple question - what type of creationism do you believe in and how is creationism much more logical and rational than evolution. what are the evidence for Creationism besides the bible? Is the hindu version of creationism correct?

again i request - what evidence do you have against evolution?

Considering ur obvious reluctance to address the issues i have raised, it is wise on my part to reserve certain opinions, since u have the habit of digressing discussions to comfortable routine that leave no room for intellectual debate, analysis, argument and reasoning.
otherwise, address my concerns about the origin of life.

another display of grandiloquence

The bible verses were intended to warm u up and provoke an intellectual debate devoid of sentiments

there is nothing to debate, the bible is based on faith and neither logic nor rationality.  The bible has no place has no place in a scientific debate.  personally, i can easily argue Zeus created the earth. prove me wrong

2. Where are the intermediate life forms?

i thought KAG answered this.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 24, 2009
bawomolo:

simple question - what type of creationism do you believe in and how is creationism much more logical and rational than evolution. what are the evidence for Creationism besides the bible? Is the hindu version of creationism correct?

this wasnt addressed to me but i'd like to comment here: WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE FOR EVOLUTION? 4 pages now and NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has bothered to provide compelling evidence.

Its getting boring with you people who keep demanding "evidence" but cant provide one of your own.

bawomolo:

again i request - what evidence do you have against evolution?

i provided just 2 of many, you have avoided answering them. why?

bawomolo:

i thought KAG answered this.

Where? Pls provide evidence not refering me to verbose grammar. Thanks
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 24, 2009
bawomolo:

there is nothing to debate, the bible is based on faith and neither logic nor rationality. The bible has no place has no place in a scientific debate. personally, i can easily argue Zeus created the earth. prove me wrong

TTE isnt based on either of the two above. Prove me wrong.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by huxley(m): 1:43am On Mar 24, 2009
davidylan:

Davidylan,

To be sure that we are talking about the same thing, can you address these first please?

1) What is The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection as espoused by the biological scientific community? I want you to define what these biological scientists mean by TTE as originally advanced by Charles Darwin, providing significant reference material from recognised and leading scientific books, publications and experts.

2) What is the Theory/Law of Gravitational Attraction as defined by the scientific community? If you did not know much about the theory of gravity, where would you turn to for information about it?

Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 24, 2009
Answer my two earlier questions first. Its not the 3rd or 4th time you've used the same smokescreen to run away from serious debates on evolution that expose your own porous knowledge. I think TTE is a fraud, why then do you expect me to define it for you?

Would i be within limits to ask you to summarise the entire book of genesis too?

And where is bawomolo who shows up to discuss things he doesnt know?
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by bawomolo(m): 1:48am On Mar 24, 2009

There are scientists researching evolution? yes or no?  Fossils and the laboratory experiments you refuse to accept as evolution.I can't convince you if you believe shrimps from 400 million yrs ago are the same as the ones today.

oh lord, the trolling has started
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by huxley(m): 1:49am On Mar 24, 2009
davidylan:

Answer my two earlier questions first. Its not the 3rd or 4th time you've used the same smokescreen to run away from serious debates on evolution that expose your own porous knowledge. I think TTE is a fraud, why then do you expect me to define it for you?

Would i be within limits to ask you to summarise the entire book of genesis too?

What are your two questions?
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 1:49am On Mar 24, 2009
1. Where did the first life forms from which evolution derives its ideas come from?

Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 24, 2009
bawomolo:

There are scientists researching evolution? yes or no? Fossils and the laboratory experiments you refuse to accept as evolution.I can't convince you if you believe shrimps from 400 million yrs ago are the same as the ones today.

Sorry to say but the above is daft reasoning. So because scientists are "researching evolution" means it must be true?
There are theologians also debating Genesis 1, do you also believe creationism is now true?

Fossils are the biggest problem TTE has today, because rather than show a gradual evolving of organisms, we have a sudden explosion of highly complex and diverse organisms. What was a baboon like before it evolved into what it is today? Why does a fern look exactly the same over 100 million yrs after?

Sorry, the shrimp of 400 million yrs ago is the same as that of today . . . even scientists are not bothering to contest that AT ALL so pls spare us the hare-brained nonsense you're spewing.

And what exactly is going on in those labs that prove evolution? perhaps you have your secret labs.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by huxley(m): 1:53am On Mar 24, 2009
davidylan:

1. Where did the first life forms from which evolution derives its ideas come from?

1)  I don't know.  And I don't think the scientific community have definitive answers yet, nor will it be possible to prove categorically where it came from

2)  I don't quite understand this. What is intermediate lifeform?  Can you explain?
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by bawomolo(m): 1:59am On Mar 24, 2009
davidylan:

Sorry to say but the above is daft reasoning. So because scientists are "researching evolution" means it must be true?
There are theologians also debating Genesis 1, do you also believe creationism is now true?

Fossils are the biggest problem TTE has today, because rather than show a gradual evolving of organisms, we have a sudden explosion of highly complex and diverse organisms. What was a baboon like before it evolved into what it is today? Why does a fern look exactly the same over 100 million yrs after?

Sorry, the shrimp of 400 million yrs ago is the same as that of today . . . even scientists are not bothering to contest that AT ALL so pls spare us the hare-brained nonsense you're spewing.

And what exactly is going on in those labs that prove evolution? perhaps you have your secret labs.

Why do you use extreme words like "EXACTLY".  go on with the insults all you want.  It gets lame after a while.  How is the shrimp of 400 million ago "EXACTLY" the same as the shrimp today.

I believe evolution is a more reliable theory than creationism from what i have read.  At least scientists have physical evidence to back their claim of evolution, what do creationists have.  You refuse to admit genome evolution exists so what there to debate?

How do you research "genesis" scientifically? Did God leave a blueprint somewhere?

You didn't come here to debate, you came here to ridicule just like you do with muslims
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by huxley(m): 2:06am On Mar 24, 2009
davidylan:

This is just a plain travesty of reasoning.  Where does he get this figure from?  The Shrimp has NOT NOT NOT been around for 400 million years.  You cannot base you argument on so fallacious a claim and think you can get away with it.  This is simply dishonest and wrong.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 24, 2009
huxley:

1) I don't know. And I don't think the scientific community have definitive answers yet, nor will it be possible to prove categorically where it came from

Good. Now we know that much of the posturing here has been largely in ignorance.

huxley:

2) I don't quite understand this. What is intermediate lifeform? Can you explain?

Before the eye fully "evolved" to what it is now, what did it look like before? Before a goat became what we know of it today, what was it like mid-evolution?
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 24, 2009
bawomolo:

Why do you use extreme words like "EXACTLY". go on with the insults all you want. It gets lame after a while. How is the shrimp of 400 million ago "EXACTLY" the same as the shrimp today.

Look at the fossil record dude.

bawomolo:

I believe evolution is a more reliable theory than creationism from what i have read.

In other words - you dont know, you're not sure . . . u're simply basing your empty belief on what you have regurgitated from websites. And you accuse creationists of being about belief only . . . how dishonest.

bawomolo:

At least scientists have physical evidence to back their claim of evolution, what do creationists have. You refuse to admit genome evolution exists so what there to debate?

If they did why has NONE of you produced just ONE of such PHYSICAL EVIDENCE in the last 4 pages?

bawomolo:

How do you research "genesis" scientifically? Did God leave a blueprint somewhere?

And where has the "research" on evolution led you over a century now?

bawomolo:

You didn't come here to debate, you came here to ridicule just like you do with muslims

I came here to debate, i discovered most of you here would be floundering if not for google and wikipedia.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by bawomolo(m): 2:20am On Mar 24, 2009
And where has the "research" on evolution led you over a century now?

an overwhelming scientific consensus?

If you are sure of disproving evolution, why haven't u published an article yet?
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 2:25am On Mar 24, 2009
huxley:

This is just a plain travesty of reasoning.  Where does he get this figure from?  The Shrimp has NOT NOT NOT been around for 400 million years. You cannot base you argument on so fallacious a claim and think you can get away with it.  This is simply dishonest and wrong.

You just like to shout anyhow . . . pls see below:

Fossilised shrimp show earliest group behaviour

The conga was the world's first dance, it seems. A newly discovered caravan of crustaceans from half a billion years ago shows that group behaviour evolved not long after animals themselves.

Palaeontologists led by Hou Xian-Guang, of Yunnan University, China, discovered fossilised chains of up to 20 crustaceans linked head-to-toe, the earliest record of any collective animal behaviour and perhaps an adaptation to a migratory ocean lifestyle.

"It's showing that, 525 million years ago, we've got really quite sophisticated and potentially complex interaction between different animals," says Derek Siveter, of the University of Oxford, who analysed the fossil along with colleagues at the University of Leicester, UK.

and oh note how the SCIENTISTS (you know those gods you look up to) talk about "sophisticated and complex interactions" between mere crustaceans 525 million yrs ago . . . when they were supposed to have been evolving no? Do we need more evidence that these collection of deluded folks dont really know what they are talking about? Huxley, trying telling the paleontologists in china that they are lying . . .
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 24, 2009
bawomolo:

an overwhelming scientific consensus?

If you are sure of disproving evolution, why haven't u published an article yet?

why have you shied away from the simple 2 questions i asked? Why have you no physical or logical evidence to PROVE evolution?

You can scream all you like till next yr, the bare facts stare you in the face. Provide JUST ONE physical proof of evolution and i will NEVER come to the religion thread again.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by noetic(m): 2:38am On Mar 24, 2009
@ huxley
Again I ask. Are u an evolutionist? for the sake of this thread or is this another meaningless "googled" attack on the bible and creationism.
Cos if u are an avowed evolutionist, I suggest u start from my first poser to evolutionists. Here it is:

[Quote]
Lets start from the very basics.

Regardless of whose version of evolution u listen to or ascribe to, evolution is widely acclaimed to be a theory.
my dictionary defines a theory as an assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.
Well known synonyms of a theory include hypothesis, speculation, assumption, a guess, an idea, an ideology to mention a few.
All of these, I believe should help the lay man with little or no knowledge of biology, evolution or creationism to have a gasp of the major bone of contention of this debate.

from the aforementioned, I can deduce that unless and until a theory is proven, tested and reproduced for clarity and correlation it can only continue to be ascribed to as a theory or a false hypothesis and not a fact not to even talk of the truth. i believe we will substantiate that as time goes on.

Evolution claims a whole lot of nonsense, but my analysis will be limited to the major concepts, misinformation and notions of evolution that contradict creationism.
Creationism answers the question about the origin and beginning of life. Evolution does not. Thus my first poser to u is that regardless of how old u claim the earth was, what is the origin of life?
Dont come up with craps like the initial occurrence or appearance of organisms brought about evolution. What was the state of things before these organisms came into existence? or are u ascribing omnipresence to organisms?
Dont also come up with craps being sold around that the biochemistry that make up life resulted from simpler (chemical) reactions that started the evolution process. My poser to u will be that since all chemical reactions are produced from changes occurring from one or more substances, what were the substances that made the simpler chemical reactions? and u also need to educate me on the very first simple chemical reaction that started evolution and kick started life.
Dont also come with the crap about prokaryotes inhabiting the earth for billions of years. What existed before them? and what led to their existence since evolutionists claim that all organisms on earth share the same ancestral gene pool?  Except u want to claim that this is the origin of life??

Any fool can use google and wikipedia to post concorted misinformation and fallacies about the truth of life, contradicting the accounts of the bible as evidenced in the theory of evolution. But no fool can make an intelligent analyses of these "googled" and "wikipediad" falsehood or produce analytical evidence that can stand the test of collective and constructive reasoning.

Thats what this thread is meant to achieve. . . . . Its time for the evolution protagonists to make informed pronouncements on these issues.
If u want the creationist account as to the origin of life . . .  . .just google Genesis 1 and 2.

The ball is now in ur court.
[/quote]

I will for the sake of ur effort address some of ur posers. . . . . . .but u need to let me know if u are an evolutionist or not, cos i m least interested in ur uninformed and bitter angst against GOD.

huxley:

You claim that Gen 1 is best understood in conjunction with Gen 2, but you fail to provide any explanation whatsoever as to how to derive the "true" meaning out of these.  I await such as you promise.
I dont have the habit of digressing issues. That narrative was uncalled for, that was why i didnt bother to go into full details, but merely made u aware.
unless u raise issues that warrant me explaining it, I dont intend to. U can always go to google as usual.

But for the sake of other viewers, it is pertinent i say this: Genesis 1 and 2 differ and compliment each other mainly in the narrative because of their subjects.
Gen 1 describes the creation from God`s view
and Genesis 2 from Adam and eve`s (human) view. Genesis 1 is largely fulfilled in Genesis 2.

This is Genesis 2 4-6 below;

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Where does it say anything about the physical manifestation of LIGHT, replacing the SPIRIT manifestation of LIGHT?   Can you describe the mechanism by which spiritual light is replaced by physical light.
It never mentioned the physical manifestation of light replacing the spiritual light. I only expected u to objectively derive from common sense that since Genesis 1 says
11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

(and like i said in my last post addressed to u, Genesis 1 was describing God`s view of creation)
Genesis 2 that u pasted told us none of these things God established in the spirit was manifested until rain fell and Adam toiled the soil.

I believe i have addressed ur concerns about light created in verse 3 by showing u a dictionary acknowledgement of spiritual light orchestrated by God`s spirit. So what are u talking about??

Just as you ask for the full explanation for the scientist's origin for life, I nothing less that a full step-by-step account of how spiritual light is replaced by physical light.
I tink u can do better. Is this an acknowledgement of evolution`s fallacy and inability to tell us the origin of life?

NOPE, you are wrong.  A day is define as the period of time it takes for a planet to rotate about its axis.  Thus a day on the earth is 24 hours, but a day on pluto is not 24 hours but about 6.4 earth days.  In facts, some planets have days that are much much longer than their year (the period it takes a planet to revolve around the sun).

So when Genesis talks about days/nights, are these earth day, or are these days on the other planets?
please, keep living in ignorance disguised as knowledge.  
was the bible written for the residents of other planets? hisses continuously

By light we mean the physical entity constituted of photons or radiation that comes from the stars to illuminate things.  I don't mean it in a metaphorical sense.   If there were "days" before the sun was created, were these "days" meant to be a period of time illuminated by photons?  Where these photons from God or from some distance star?
Just like the way the evolution concept was built to keep buttressing a big lie, u keep attempting to redefine concepts.
I have defined light for u as obtained in creationism. I have established here (and as ur quote from Genesis 2 shows)that from the human view of the creation, planting and harvesting did not take place until the physical manifestation of certain objects created in Genesis 1. e.g Rain

Why dont u read genesis 2 and have a glimpse of what i am saying?

Well, this question was quite simple, but you are getting more and more mired in your deception.  I thought you said god made the following lights - spiritual light and physical light from the sun.   Now you are adding a third light, the light from the moon into the picture.   Just think about it - the moon is a lump of rock.  The last time I checked it does not emit its own light and has never.
I expect better from u, not this, considerin ur antecedents. It is either u are distorting the facts or u simply find it difficult to understand my simply illustrated points. Neither is good for an intellectual debate.

I said that the light created in verse 3 is buttressed by your dictionary definition of light. which is: spiritual illumination or awareness; enlightenment.
I also said:
There was day and night on the first three days from the spirit. its physical manifestation was being awaited.  read Genesis 2: 4-6.
I meant the physical manifestation of some of the things created Genesis 1, was being awaited as is seen in the afore-quoted part of genesis 2, detailing that no plant grew until rain fell. so what are u saying?

Yes you are right, the bible gives no account of the creation of the planets, consequently they (the planets) do not exist.
That the bible does not acknowledge the creation of the planets does not mean they dont exist. The bible is a succinct summary of God`s inspiration to man.
So can I ask, Does evolutionist inability to explain the origin of life imply that we all jumped here from space?

I simply asked why you accept The Gravitational Theory?  What evidence about this theory do you find the most pursuasive and how are you sure that the scientific community are not deceiving you about Gravity?
Guy, i will not give u the luxury of turning this into one of ur meaningless threads.
How does ur question objectively butresses any arguments u have for evolution? How does my answer to this question dispute the reality of creationism? please lets be objective and focussed here?

Now, can you deal with these, please?

1)   [b]What is The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection as espoused by the biological scientific community?  I want you to define what these biological scientists mean by TTE as originally advanced by Charles Darwin, providing significant reference material from recognised and leading scientific books, publications and experts.

2)  What is the Theory/Law of Gravitational Attraction as defined by the scientific community?   If you did not know much about the theory of gravity, where would you turn to for information about it?

[/b]

u and ur fellow evolutionists have said nothing about the origin of life as postulated by evolutionist, while i have given u creationist version of this. . . . . .which is relevant to the purpose the thread was intended,  ,  . . . . .until u do this I dont tink we are making progress.

ur first question makes sense but is very irrelevant,  . . ,  . . .I dont know how my answer reveals the fallacy and lies of evolution. . . . which is my only purpose of contributing to this thread.

ur second is both meaningless and irrelevant.  last time i checked this thread was meant to debate this
Can evolution stand the test of intellectual objectivity when juxtaposed with creation?. . . . .the ball is in ur court.

For all your meaningless postulations of evolution and indiscreet disregard for God`s word. . . . . . is this all ur knowledge comes to? . . . . . .RUBBISH
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by bawomolo(m): 2:40am On Mar 24, 2009
davidylan:

why have you shied away from the simple 2 questions i asked? Why have you no physical or logical evidence to PROVE evolution?

You can scream all you like till next yr, the bare facts stare you in the face. Provide JUST ONE physical proof of evolution and i will NEVER come to the religion thread again.

Primordial life most likely occurred through natural processes. what processes exactly i dont know

Genome evolution in man-kind dealing with skin color and metabolism. What about humans gaining immunity to certain diseases endemic to their environments.

A bacteria resisting antibiotics.

I'm still waiting though, can a shrimp living today survive in the environment present 400 million years ago?

isn't the dog an evolutionary diversion from the the wolf?

Of course i don't expect you to agree

u and ur fellow evolutionists have said nothing about the origin of life as postulated by evolutionist

Evolutionists don't postulate anything about the origin of life. All that amino acids stuff is in the field of abiogenesis. You'd know this if you spent less time reading the webster dictionary.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by KAG: 2:41am On Mar 24, 2009
noetic: forgive my "perceived misconceptions". I wrongly assumed u were intelligent enuf to discern my line of tots. no insults intended
 have u ever heard of a scientific fact?

Your line of tots? I don't know your tots. I was, however, able to understand the thoughts you were trying to get across, whic is why I was able to respond adequately to them.

First, you assumed the theory of evolution had been around for 300 years. You were wrong on that. I gave the right time frame in my first response to you.

Second, you implied that a theory could be changed into something higher. You were wrong. etc.

Finally, to answer your question, theories - scientific theories - are what contain facts. Theories don't become facts, they have, instead, as part of their make-up facts and observations.

[Quote]

Yes, and the theory of evolution deals with the evolution of life, not the origins of life. They are two different lines of of enquiry.
is that so??  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
there is no point debating evolution in relevance to creation, if i have to educate u on the subject u are supposed to be postulating.
Go n do ur home work.[/quote]

It is so. I'm pretty sure you aren't capable of debating neither evolution nor creationism, so it's moot for you to suggest that you may be able to educate me on the subject. That is not an ad hominem, simply a statement on the capabilities you've displayed so far.

[Quote]

Possibly some type of class (or even classes) of protobiont preceded prokaryotes.
As for the second question you may need to be clearer to prevent misunderstanding. I'll answer it as best as I interpret it. If you mean to ask where the chemicals that could have played a part in the origin of life originate, then it's likely that some were formed with the formation of the earth, while others may have been caused or brought by extraterrestrial bodies (by extraterrestrial, I don't mean space monsters, I mean things like rocks that become meteorites, etc).
Your supposed knowledge of evolution truly amazes me.
hisses and walks away[/quote]

Wonderful rebuttal.

[Quote]

It doesn't. However, we can discuss abiogenesis while discussing evolution. The point is that it's more meaningful to realise that the two are separate fields, and thereby have different sets of data, etc.
depends on how u look at it. abiogenesis in reference to prokaryotes as the first inhabitants of the earth, is a claim buttressed by evolution.
So how do u intend to seperate this claim, which is the underlying basic of  evolution from the debate when evolution is compared to creationism.[/quote]

No, abiogenesis isn't in reference to prokaryotes as the first inhabitants of the earth, etc. I don't no where you got that nonsense from, but it's wrong. In fact, what evolution - as in the theory of evolution - deals with is how species may have originated from life. Now, life is currently defined in a very strict way, and it's that criteria that is used to distinguish the study of speciation in biological entities. Abiogenesis, on the other hand, doesn't necessarily need biological entities. However, if it can be determined how life started on earth, abiogenesis will come into contact with the theory of evolution, but it doesn't happen the other way round (i.e. the theory of evolution enroaching on abiogenesis)  

me think u are short of ideas. . . . .  .no point pushing on.

You're right, there's probably no point pushing on, mostly because you don't understand even the basics of the different theories that deal with separate aspects of human enquiries.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 2:44am On Mar 24, 2009
Darwin's theoretical tree of life:

But where are the links?

By the darwinism method of evolution by natural selection, it must have taken each organism 1.5 billion yrs to evolve to its present complex form . . . where are the intermediate links?

Just to make it simpler - Darwin says a goat evolved from a protist (simplest life form):

Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 24, 2009
bawomolo:

Primordial life most likely occurred through natural processes. what processes exactly i dont know

In other words - you dont know, you're not sure, nobody knows, there's no proof . . . and you bash us for basing all our hopes on belief and faith?  grin

bawomolo:

Genome evolution in man-kind dealing with skin color and metabolism. What about humans gaining immunity to certain diseases endemic to their environments.

That is your immune system functioning exactly as it was designed. Have those people evolved into more complex organisms yet?  cheesy

bawomolo:

A bacteria resisting antibiotics.

Has bacteria evolved into a goat ever since? Why have bacteria remained phenotypically the same for millions of yrs?

bawomolo:

I'm still waiting though, can a shrimp living today survive in the environment present 400 million years ago?

1. Dont wait - help me figure out how these primordial forms appeared in the first place. You've been dodging everything i have asked of you tonight. Can you tell us what you looked like mid-way through evolution?

2. Can you pls tell us EXACTLY WHAT the environment looked like 400 million yrs ago pls? surely you know all these no?

bawomolo:

isn't the dog an evolutionary diversion from the the wolf?

And the donkey is an evolutionary diversion from the horse too?
Why has no other animal diverted from the wolf for the last thousands of yrs?

bawomolo:

Evolutionists don't postulate anything about the origin of life. All that amino acids stuff is in the field of abiogenesis. You'd know this if you spent less time reading the webster dictionary.

You'd know a lot more than this piffle if you even tried to read the dictionary. Abiogenesis is another lie on its own . . . but pls help us prove evolution first. Thank you. Can you help us with PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of the missing links above pls? you've been shouting that they exist since . . . seems you cant find them? I'm willing to wait.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by KAG: 3:02am On Mar 24, 2009
davidylan: err what "material" have you provided? Insults, grammatical verbiage and incoherent arguments? You seriously hold too high an opinion of urself.

Strange! You say that, yet you responded to those mysteriously hidden materials in the next few lines. Wow!

1. On the issue of ERVs, most of you dont have ANY CLUE what they do, you are merely regurgitating the nonsense you read from anti-creationist websites. Answer me this simple question - we all know how exogenous RVs behave and that the vast majority of them are highly detrimental to the human cell (HIV, HSV, Marburg, Ebola to name a few) . . . why are ERVs completely different in mechanism of action? Why do we have ONLY ONE ERV active in humans which doesnt even replicate the alleged initial virus?

On the issue of ERVs, I can't say with any certainty that others that accept the theory of evolution are clueless about "what they do". I can say with certainty, though, that YOU don't have any clue about them.

Okay, I hoped you'd have read Winace's write-up which was provided in the previous thread, but that was hoping for too much. So, I guess I summarise quickly some of the things he and I have previously stated.

First, to answer your question, endogenous retroviruses don't act like exoviruses because, surprise, endogenous retroviruses are the inherited remnants in the cells from previous failed viral attacks - it goes without saying that the failed viral attack has to be in germline cells. The exogenous ones aren't that. They are present attackers.

Accordingly, then, only an idiot would expect an endogenous retrovirus to "replicate the alleged initial virus".

Secondly, dude, just read up on the damn thing. I cringe every time you try to write a response on shared ERVs.

2. Dinosaur-Bird transitions is just pure nonsensical garbage again. . . typical of the clueless who hide their ignorance behind using bogus but high-fallutin words WITHOUT ANY ATTEMPT TO ELUCIDATE THEIR POSITION.

Well, that's a fine refutation. Do you want to discuss dinosau-bird transitionals? Let's. We can start with archeopteryx. If it isn't a transitional, what then is it?

[Quote]

Shared Endogenous Retroviruses

Do you say anything else beyond this tired old fraud?[/quote]

Hey, if it's a tired old fraud, you shouldn't have any problems thoroughly refuting it. Have at it.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by bawomolo(m): 3:09am On Mar 24, 2009
davidylan:

Has bacteria evolved into a goat ever since? Why have bacteria remained phenotypically the same for millions of yrs?

I guess the evolutionary chain involves a bacteria turning into a goat.

1. Dont wait - help me figure out how these primordial forms appeared in the first place. You've been dodging everything i have asked of you tonight. Can you tell us what you looked like mid-way through evolution?

how do i know? the last time i checked i wasn't a million years old.  you seem to be obsessed with macro-evolution.

2. Can you pls tell us EXACTLY WHAT the environment looked like 400 million yrs ago pls? surely you know all these no?

definitely different from the environment we have today.  But hey the shrimp hasn't changed one bit and is EXACTLY the same

Why has no other animal diverted from the wolf for the last thousands of yrs?

animals like foxes, coyotes aren't signs of deviation from the wolf? A thousand years is a relatively small time considering how old life is on earth. Why are there different breeds of wolf, shouldn't they all be the same if there was no evolution.

You'd know a lot more than this piffle if you even tried to read the dictionary. Abiogenesis is another lie on its own . . . but pls help us prove evolution first. Thank you. Can you help us with PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of the missing links above pls? you've been shouting that they exist since . . . seems you cant find them? I'm willing to wait.

There is nothing to help you prove considering your stance in rigid. we aren't going anywhere with this.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by noetic(m): 3:15am On Mar 24, 2009
KAG:

Your line of tots? I don't know your tots. I was, however, able to understand the thoughts you were trying to get across, whic is why I was able to respond adequately to them.

First, you assumed the theory of evolution had been around for 300 years. You were wrong on that. I gave the right time frame in my first response to you.

Second, you implied that a theory could be changed into something higher. You were wrong. etc.

Finally, to answer your question, theories - scientific theories - are what contain facts. Theories don't become facts, they have, instead, as part of their make-up facts and observations.
is that so??  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
there is no point debating evolution in relevance to creation, if i have to educate u on the subject u are supposed to be postulating.
Go n do ur home work.

It is so. I'm pretty sure you aren't capable of debating neither evolution nor creationism, so it's moot for you to suggest that you may be able to educate me on the subject. That is not an ad hominem, simply a statement on the capabilities you've displayed so far.
Your supposed knowledge of evolution truly amazes me.
hisses and walks away

Wonderful rebuttal.
depends on how u look at it. abiogenesis in reference to prokaryotes as the first inhabitants of the earth, is a claim buttressed by evolution.
So how do u intend to seperate this claim, which is the underlying basic of  evolution from the debate when evolution is compared to creationism.

No, abiogenesis isn't in reference to prokaryotes as the first inhabitants of the earth, [/b]etc. I don't no where you got that nonsense from, but it's wrong. In fact, what evolution - as in the theory of evolution - deals with is how species may have originated from life. Now, life is currently defined in a very strict way, and it's that criteria that is used to distinguish the study of speciation in biological entities. Abiogenesis, on the other hand, doesn't necessarily need biological entities. [b]However, if it can be determined how life started on earth, abiogenesis will come into contact with the theory of evolution, but it doesn't happen the other way round (i.e. the theory of evolution enroaching on abiogenesis)  

You're right, there's probably no point pushing on, mostly because you don't understand even the basics of the different theories that deal with separate aspects of human enquiries.
keep chatting shit and refuse to address the basic questions raised.

PS: my reference to 300 years is an exclamation of how long the lie has been going on, it has notin to do with accurate dates.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 3:18am On Mar 24, 2009
Ah here we go with Mrs. KAG, when she gets lost its back to the refuge of dear old ERVs. Nevertheless she NEVER answers the direct questions regarding the validity of ERVs AT ALL.

KAG:

On the issue of ERVs, I can't say with any certainty that others that accept the theory of evolution are clueless about "what they do". I can say with certainty, though, that YOU don't have any clue about them.

Okay, I hoped you'd have read Winace's write-up which was provided in the previous thread, but that was hoping for too much. So, I guess I summarise quickly some of the things he and I have previously stated.

First, to answer your question, endogenous retroviruses don't act like exoviruses because, surprise, endogenous retroviruses are the inherited remnants in the cells from previous failed viral attacks - it goes without saying that the failed viral attack has to be in germline cells. The exogenous ones aren't that. They are present attackers.

Accordingly, then, only an idiot would expect an endogenous retrovirus to "replicate the alleged initial virus".

Secondly, dude, just read up on the damn thing. I cringe every time you try to write a response on shared ERVs.

Dont bother cringing . . . much of the nonsense you have written is just what it is - desperate hogwash coated with insults and personality attacks. Its the usual we have come to expect from KAG.

The portion in bold is an EXACT EXAMPLE of the problem . . . affirmative positions based on SPECULATION AND ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF! Why dont we see these "failed viral attacks" anymore that integrate into the genome and are inherited?

KAG:

Well, that's a fine refutation. Do you want to discuss dinosau-bird transitionals? Let's. We can start with archeopteryx. If it isn't a transitional, what then is it?

Typical - they hide when you bring questions, prefering to run into their sanctuaries of plagiarised web material. Pls show us ONE SHRED OF PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of intermediate life forms . . . thank you. We are tired of hearing stories.

KAG:

Hey, if it's a tired old fraud, you shouldn't have any problems thoroughly refuting it. Have at it.

Its your job to prove evolution is true, its mine to hang unto creationism . . . both depend on faith and belief anyway.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by bawomolo(m): 3:19am On Mar 24, 2009
PS: my reference to 300 years is an exclamation of how long the lie has been going on, it has notin to do with accurate dates.

darwinism didn't start 300 years ago.

anyway how do you explain this

A species of walking stick, an insect that pretends it's part of a plant, may be evolving into two species by adapting to different environments.

The insect, Timena cristinae, seems to be adapting so that it can hide on either of two species of plants. By doing so, it's probably morphing into two separate species, says Cristina Sandoval of the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Such a process of parallel evolution fits into basic theories of natural selection but few scientists have documented real cases, Sandoval and her colleagues at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, Canada, say in the May 23 Nature. The stickleback fish in North America are the other clear example, they say.

The walking stick, named for Sandoval, comes in two genetically determined color patterns—with or without stripes. In California's Santa Ynez Mountains, the striped insects tend to be more common on a plant called chamise while the unstriped ones predominate on blue lilac.

it's a miracle working God
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 24, 2009
bawomolo:

I guess the evolutionary chain involves a bacteria turning into a goat.

Did you see Darwin's tree of life that i put up earlier? It says you evolved from a protist . . . pls show us how.

bawomolo:

how do i know? the last time i checked i wasn't a million years old.  you seem to be obsessed with macro-evolution.

Ah good, you just read that up. Macro-evolution is the explanation for how we and ALL other organisms on earth appeared . . . is there another part of evolution we shld be bothered about?

Mutations and adaptation we can observe . . . why can we not observe macro-evolution?

bawomolo:

definitely different from the environment we have today.  But hey the shrimp hasn't changed one bit and is EXACTLY the same

No dont dodge dude . . . HOW? You make an affirmative statement WITHOUT ANY PROOF AT ALL. Is that how you learned to debate? Show us proof that this environment was different . . . how did it appear? What was there? How do you know?

bawomolo:

animals like foxes, coyotes aren't signs of deviation from the wolf? A thousand years is a relatively small time considering how old life is on earth. Why are there different breeds of wolf, shouldn't they all be the same if there was no evolution.

And leopards, tigers, cheetahs are deviations from the lion?
chickens, turkey, ostriches are deviations from the bird?

Dude this is becoming ridiculous.

bawomolo:

There is nothing to help you prove considering your stance in rigid. we aren't going anywhere with this.

In other words - you've just been bleating, you dont have any proof no?
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 24, 2009
noetic:

Dont bother, its very common here . . . they hang on desperately to minute unrelated detail when they run into the brickwall of their own denial.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by KAG: 3:31am On Mar 24, 2009
noetic:

How quaint. I'm starting to notice a pattern here. Creationist asks a question. The question gets answered, usually line by line. Creationist responds with a handwave and something along the lines of "you are refusing to ddress the basic questions". Wash, rinse, reapeat.

So what were the basic questions that I missed from your original post?

P.S. Neither Darwin nor Wallace was alive 300 years ago.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by Nobody: 3:43am On Mar 24, 2009
KAG:

How quaint. I'm starting to notice a pattern here. Creationist asks a question. The question gets answered, usually line by line. Creationist responds with a handwave and something along the lines of "you are refusing to ddress the basic questions". Wash, rinse, reapeat.

So what were the basic questions that I missed from your original post?

P.S. Neither Darwin nor Wallace was alive 300 years ago.

U mean questions like:

1. How did the primordial life that started evolution appear on earth?

2. Where are the intermediate life forms from evolution?

I'd love a "line by line" answer too.

As regards ERVs, i need to sleep - comprehensive questions detailing how appallingly untrue much of that will be coming tomorrow. Pls dont miss it!

But you have a chance to insult me till then. grin Have a good night.
Re: Why Are They Afraid To Debate Evolution? by KAG: 3:53am On Mar 24, 2009
davidylan:

Ah here we go with Mrs. KAG, when she gets lost its back to the refuge of dear old ERVs. Nevertheless she NEVER answers the direct questions regarding the validity of ERVs AT ALL.

That's nice. It's an obvious lie, but it's nice, nonetheless.

Dont bother cringing . . . much of the nonsense you have written is just what it is - desperate hogwash coated with insults and personality attacks. Its the usual we have come to expect from KAG.

It's hard not to cringe when a supposed biologist\biochemist keeps making such terrible, unforgiveable mistakes.

The portion in bold is an EXACT EXAMPLE of the problem . . . affirmative positions based on SPECULATION AND ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF! Why dont we see these "failed viral attacks" anymore that integrate into the genome and are inherited?

I have taken the liberty of quoting the part in question. Before I respond to it, I'm going to point out a mistake that keeps cropping up: the use of the word proof. Science doesn't do proof.

Now, it actually isn't speculation as parts of the original genetic make-up of the retrovirus can still be noticed in the ERV. Further, an example of a slightly more modern HERV you'd have seen if you had read the links I provided is the indictment in some cancers. Winace's example was "High-risk papillomaviruses. .  .  as one of the leading causes of cervical tumors" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12813471?dopt=Abstract

Typical - they hide when you bring questions, prefering to run into their sanctuaries of plagiarised web material. Pls show us ONE SHRED OF PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of intermediate life forms . . . thank you. We are tired of hearing stories.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

"Well, that's a fine refutation. Do you want to discuss dinosaur-bird transitionals? Let's. We can start with archeopteryx. If it isn't a transitional, what then is it?"

Its your job to prove evolution is true, its mine to hang unto creationism . . . both depend on faith and belief anyway.

Yeah, it doesn't work that way. I presented a line of evidence. Rather than rebutt it, you simply stated it was a tired fraud. Silly me, for thinking you had a viable response to the argument, then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) / Ifa Of The Year 2010: Ose Obara / Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.