Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Feeling Out Of Place - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feeling Out Of Place (429 Views)

I Am Feeling So Depressed And May End This Life Soon / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeling Out Of Place by jkfalowo: 1:45am On Aug 07, 2015
I am African American and my husband is Nigerian. We live in the US and in a mixed community, mostly Hispanics, Africans, and Asians, but also some African American and some Caucasian. Whenever my husband and I go out together, we get nasty looks from younger African women (20s- late 30s) and it happens all the time. Sometimes it just gets uncomfortable because they look for so long and they frown at us and roll their eyes as if we did something to them. Am I missing something? Why does this happen?
Re: Feeling Out Of Place by angieberry(f): 2:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Just ignore them
They don't like the fact that an 'akata' is with one of theirs, although I find this story hard to believe. It's usually interracial relationships that get these kind of stares.
Re: Feeling Out Of Place by KanwuliaJara: 2:21am On Aug 07, 2015
Na who sen you message? cheesy
You lucky sef say the man dey carry you 'out'!
If na NIGERIAN WOMAN now. . . he for lock her for 'cupboard' troway key.
How dem nor go frown? cheesy

One of my friends turn 50 TODAY!
Her husband dey 'jolly' with girlfriend for the same town.
ALL OF DEM JAM FOR THE SAME RESTAURANT! grin
Not even 'good morning' not to mention happy birthday!
The woman don cry taya!

MUCHECHECHECHECHECHE
Re: Feeling Out Of Place by KanwuliaJara: 2:26am On Aug 07, 2015
Mumu following me all over NL!
Dorty IJEBU BLOKOS! grin

Re: Feeling Out Of Place by jkfalowo: 2:27am On Aug 07, 2015
angieberry:
Just ignore them
They don't like the fact that an 'akata' is with one of theirs, although I find this story hard to believe. It's usually interracial relationships that get these kind of stares.

I wish it wasn't true. I was actually shocked the first few times it happened and now it doesn't even shock me anymore. I asked my husband if he noticed it and he said yes, just to ignore it.

(1) (Reply)

Thorough Fumigation Services / What Is Ur Understanding About ENJOYING LIFE/ JAYE? / New Year Resolution : What Are Your Resolutions ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.