Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Solid Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Solid Food (3253 Views)

Which Is Better For Eating Solid Food: Hand Or Cutlery? / People Who Chew Poundy And Other Solid Food / Solid Food: Do Swallow Or Chew? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solid Food by Hauwa1: 11:50pm On Mar 20, 2009
Let’s talk abt solid food. The most famous ones are

Pounded yam aka poundo
Loved by many Nigerians. It is a sign of high life  grin. A good poundo with egusi/efo soup is a must. Wash it down with a bottle of gulder. Forget the world and dance to oliver or sunny ade. Ola wa…je ka gbadun oni. A yellow yam poundo or a Tiv yam poundo is  kiss

Akpu aka 50 50
This is one good food if done well. Some like the aromatic (cynide ko, acid ni) nature of akpu. An over cooked akpu will surely give the person bad stomach ache.

Eba
Aha, that is poor man’s food. Some like it yellow, white, plain white, sour eba, pounded eba, kpo kpo eba or extra smooth. Eba with a good efo soup is to die for anyday (that was some years ago sha)

Semovita
Semo with miyan gida, kerikeshi, kukah, yakua, or dried okra is nice.
I love my semo with ofe onugbu bo. Semo with egusi soup is great too.

Lafun
Ha for ewedu lovers right…but be ready to eat a loaf of bread because lafun no dey belleful a very hungry person…even if you just wack down a mountain.

Cocoyam poundo
A good one with some native soup. Good with grandma native ofe ose and bush meat ofc

Amala
My favorite in small amount is with a real peppered stew. Stew made with tatashe, atarodo, and lots of lean beef is to die for anyday.

Shinkafa
Good with special northern soup. I like it with yakua though

Plantain poundo
Great with groundnut soup for a light eater. also good with other urhobo/warri soup. some like it with banga soup.

eko
Olala! That one with fresh okra soup is to die for. I love my eko with ewa, eko with okra soup solely made by my mom

Okay folks, let’s talk abt our solid food. How do you like it? Strong, soft, well cooked, raw, with good soup/ what soup…etc

Share your experience with nig solid food.
Re: Solid Food by mohawkchic(f): 1:48am On Mar 21, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Let’s talk abt solid food. The most famous ones are

Pounded yam aka poundo
Loved by many Nigerians. It is a sign of high life grin. A good poundo with egusi/efo soup is a must. Wash it down with a bottle of gulder. Forget the world and dance to oliver or sunny ade. Ola wa…je ka gbadun oni. A yellow yam poundo or a Tiv yam poundo is kiss

Eba
Aha, that is poor man’s food. Some like it yellow, white, plain white, sour eba, pounded eba, kpo kpo eba or extra smooth. Eba with a good efo soup is to die for anyday (that was some years ago sha)

Okay folks, let’s talk abt our solid food. How do you like it? Strong, soft, well cooked, raw, with good soup/ what soup…etc

Share your experience with nig solid food.

~Insightful!I didnt even know Eba came in different colours . . .

~I had to LOL @ Eba being "Poor man's food" shocked . . .Is that a fact? tongue

~I've eaten white Extra smooth Eba & Pounded Yam cheesy. . .I havent had the pleasure of eating trying some of the soups/other solid food listed however the soups some not nigerian i'd love to eat w/ either irrespective of whether that's what it should be eaten w/ are grin

~Okra Soup
~Banga Soup
~Ogusi Soup
~Crain Crain Soup
~Sour Sour Soup

~These are all soups i'd eat w/ FuFu another Solid food
Re: Solid Food by CrazyMan(m): 11:25am On Mar 21, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Eba
This is the part I really love; but I would prefer eating it with draw or vegetable soup. Cow meat or fish and a bottle of eva water to wash it down.

I won’t mind going half naked (i.e. putting on only my boxers) but I go de my house sha to consume a bowl of it.
Re: Solid Food by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 22, 2009
@topic_ I go with Pounded Yam and Vegetable soup well sourced with stocks of fish*
ma mouth is already watry as i post this grin
Re: Solid Food by iice(f): 3:42am On Mar 23, 2009
Poundo! Na my people food. . .love love it!
Will eat it with almost any kind of soup.

Another we do is to blend poundo and eba together. While pounding, gradually put a less 'solid' eba and blend in the mortar. Chaiii am getting hungry grin
Re: Solid Food by AmakaOne(f): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2009
Stach nko?

Re: Solid Food by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2009
Hauwa, na u biko.
Iya olo nje grin grin

Is stopped eating amala when my butt started kicking grin

Iyan and egunsi/okro soup na my thing.

Never heard of plantain poundo shocked shocked tongue
Re: Solid Food by No2Atheism(m): 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2009
@yellow jelly like food poster, as a man i must say that the above pictured food is a little bit nausiating, (no offense, am brutally honest)

@Ebony-silk,

Abeg am kneeling down electronically right now, help out a brother with needed info,
Re: Solid Food by Hauwa1: 11:52pm On Mar 25, 2009
thanks dear Amaka for posting Starch,  wink

Starch: ummm that's a good meal for warrri/urhobo/isoko pple. Starch is made from cassava (whitish water coming out from grated casava). that food na one kin gum grin. if you don't know how to cut it out of your plate, then be ready for a glued you  grin.

starch is good with groundnut soup or banga soup. warning don't eat starch with okra or ogbono  grin a no no.
for smooth eating, make sure you first rub your hand in the soup before cutting the starch. happy eating.

Ebony, you should not fear now. you see nig men love ladies with backside. how can you dance asiko wa ni yi with a flato? abeg amala has nothing to do with backside o. na God gift grin
Re: Solid Food by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Ebony, you should not fear now. you see nig men love ladies with backside. how can you dance asiko wa ni yi with a flato? abeg amala has nothing to do with backside o. na God gift grin
rotflmao. . . .well, something was getting buffy, so I had to cut that out and get back to my definition of shape tongue

God's gift ke? Yes na, but human can interfere o.

@the eko
mehn, what is that?

The pic does not look right.

I've never seen a yellow ogi b4
Re: Solid Food by Hauwa1: 11:59pm On Mar 25, 2009
yellow ogi? grin

that's starch. palm oil is used to make it, and as it gets cooked, it turns yellow.

you should try starch grin
Re: Solid Food by Hauwa1: 12:02am On Mar 26, 2009
you don't know eko? what?

Eko is made from corn. great with Okra soup kiss kiss kiss good with ewa too.

when i was home, i love to eat my mama eko. every saturday she prep eko for our saturday beans. i save some for okra soup grin
Re: Solid Food by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 26, 2009
*Hauwa*:

you don't know eko? what?

Eko is made from corn. great with Okra soup kiss kiss kiss good with ewa too.

when i was home, i love to eat my mama eko. every saturday she prep eko for our saturday beans. i save some for okra soup grin
I know what eko is na.

I just don't know why her own pix is yellow. Well, now I know.

Actually, eko is handy if you want a light meal in the morning. Just expect to go to the bathroom to pee more than usual.

I love eko with ekuru cheesy ekuru mixed with okro soup mixed with pepper soup. cheesy
Re: Solid Food by Hauwa1: 12:09am On Mar 26, 2009
i am hungry now. i want a round trip ticket. i love eko with ewa. that is soooo tantanlizing.

well, i eat a good amt and am full. i don't like it in the morning. i love mine at night grin mainly with okra with lots of dried fish grin
Re: Solid Food by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 26, 2009
omg!!! I love dried fish. . . .

I loved going to the dam in ekiti and fishing. then frying it when we get home. so good!

ohhh eko and mixed okro. very good cheesy cheesy
Re: Solid Food by Hauwa1: 12:50am On Mar 26, 2009
so you can fish? oh that's the kind Davidylan is looking for, full package grin

yes i love dried fish, so good with most soups.

yes eko and okra is so kiss kiss kiss with some iru too grin
Re: Solid Food by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 26, 2009
Ehrrm wetin concern me with what the one is looking for.

Plzzz stop. am like so hungry.

I rem when I used to liv ein Lagos. When it rains, lots of big snails comes out of block walls.

We used to domesticate them cheesy. Put them under a pain with green leaves inside and watch them grow.

That was back then embarassed
Re: Solid Food by AmakaOne(f): 8:36am On Mar 26, 2009
See Ajebos, grin

Una never see stach before?

I  take it you guys don't eat Banga, atama and owo soup then?

Hmm,
@Hauwa, true talk that stach of a thing can gum no be small

Re: Solid Food by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2009
AMAKAONE:

See Ajebos, grin

Una never see stach before?

I take it you guys don't eat Banga, atama and owo soup then?
I no be ajebota o grin grin, I just didn't know how you made your pap yellow.
Well, Hauwa already explained the process tongue

&. . . .I've never eater the soup above. owo? banga? atama?
Re: Solid Food by mohawkchic(f): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Whats the name of the Sauce on Pic AMAKAONE ? Sure looks yummy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Pls,are There Anybody Who Know The Nigeria Name Of Apricot (fruit)? / Since This Spoon Was Invented Occasion Rice Has Never Been The Same-man Cries / As A Nairalander, Will You Eat This Kind Of Fish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.