Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Lagos Pastor Arrested For Robbery Says He Needed The Money For Church Expansion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Pastor Arrested For Robbery Says He Needed The Money For Church Expansion (562 Views)

'we Rape For Fun' - Naval Officer, Twin Brothers Arrested For Robbery Says / If Lagos State Governor Gives Me Loan, I Will Stop Robbery, Says Arrested Ex- / Hardship, Wickedness Of Neighbours Pushed Me Into Robbery, Says Suspect (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Pastor Arrested For Robbery Says He Needed The Money For Church Expansion by boman2014: 9:00am On Aug 07, 2015
LAGOS evangelical clergyman Pastor Peter Iyasele has pleaded with police to show him some clemency after he was arrested in connection with armed robbery claiming that he joined the gang to find money to expand his church.

Earlier this week, the men of the Lagos State Special Anti-Robbery Squad (Sars) arrested the pastor and two others for allegedly diverting a truckload of air conditioners valued at N25m (£80,500). Apparently, the trio were part of a robbery gang that hijacks cargo trucks in Lagos and Ogun States.

Pastor Peter Iyasele, who is allegedly a member of the syndicate, was apprehended alongside Anthony Ibiade and Amas Debar in the Igando area of Lagos State, following a surveillance mounted by the police to track them down. Confessing to the crime, the pastor said he was a member of the group but added that he opted out so as to invest the proceeds in a transportation business.

“My name is Peter Iyesele, 56-year-old, I am married and I have four children. I am a pastor and I have a church along the Badagry Expressway.

“I was arrested at Igando Bus Stop for participating in hijacking and diversion of goods worth over N25m. I have been engaging in these operations for years but after a while I stopped and invested proceeds from the operations in transportation," Pastor Iyesele added.

He pointed out that he had made enough from a series of operations in the past and was doing well in his transportation business before being duped by a woman. It was at this juncture that the clergyman decided to re-join the gang so as to get money to expand his church.
Confirming the incident, the commissioner of police in charge of Sars, Chris Ezike, disclosed that Pastor Peter did the driving, while the other two did the hijacking. He added that the fourth member of the gang identified as Oliver was at large.

www.nigerianwatch.com/news/7520-lagos-pastor-arrested-for-armed-robbery-says-he-needed-to-money-to-fund-church-expansion

cc :

lalasticlala
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Robbery Says He Needed The Money For Church Expansion by INTROVERT(f): 9:00am On Aug 07, 2015
that's not a pastor please
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Robbery Says He Needed The Money For Church Expansion by MosakuAW(m): 9:03am On Aug 07, 2015
And some gullible people will still say "Touch not my annointed"

Until we start saying pastors and Imams as ordinary human being like us, that is when the world will be a better place for all.

We are too much into my Pastor say this, my Pastor says that and behind your better than your so called Pastor.

It is well.
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Robbery Says He Needed The Money For Church Expansion by Promise324: 9:06am On Aug 07, 2015
Copy and paste
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Robbery Says He Needed The Money For Church Expansion by mecuzee(m): 9:11am On Aug 07, 2015
It breaks my heart to see such folks causing people to blaspheme the name God because of their greed!
Re: Lagos Pastor Arrested For Robbery Says He Needed The Money For Church Expansion by IYADARA(f): 9:12am On Aug 07, 2015
sad by their fruits u sha no them.....

He is far from being a pastor

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapping Cases Are Overrated!! Says IGP As He Visits Awolowos / 78-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Kano / Embrace peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.