Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design (8606 Views)

SEE FEATURES of OUR E-COMMERCE WEBSITES :Sell Your Products Online! (PROMO! 25k / 7 Essential Google Chrome SEO Extensions For Bloggers / 4 Essential Features Of A Website That Magento E-commerce Web Development Ensure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by MediaBlog(m): 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ten years ago, having a website was only thought to be important to businesses. However, nowadays, even students in school are creating their own websites to share with their friends. Learning web design is not hard, but design one well takes a little more effort. Good web design is important to make a good impression on your site visitors.

This article will talk about some important tips about the 7 essential features of a good web design.

1. High Quality Content – High quality content is what drives people to go to a website for information. Readers want something that is helpful, something that they can learn from. So, when you produce content for your site, be sure that you are writing about something in which you have a lot experience.

2. Keywords – Keywords should be used throughout your web content. These are words that you think people will use to look for the type of information that you providing. This is to help search engines find your website when these keywords are used by people doing their searches. There are various techniques in effective search engine optimization, so spend a little extra time researching on the best approaches.

3. Responsive Design – Creating a responsive design means adapting to the screen size of any device the visitor or reader is browsing with. Responsive design improves viewing experience for readers by provides optimal layout, as the design elements are the same and compatible with the standard design while there is no need to zoom in and zoom in or scroll too much just to search for what you need.

Google recommends responsive design as best way to configure your website design because it is easier for the visitors and there will no need for zoom in and zoom out on other mobile phones. If you doubt, Try it now if you are reading this article on a desktop browser – resize the browser size and see how the content reduces itself to fit your browser size. The images, header and content column will lessen or decrease to fit the screen size, the sidebar will be moved under the content as the layout changes/switches from two columns to one column. The layout switches depending on the screen size you are viewing my site on and it works equally well on any device. If you want to view how your site looks on mobile devices, visit [url]Google mobile-friendly test site.[/url]https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/

4. Navigation Menu – The design of your website should be pleasing to the eye. When you walk into a large department store for the first time, you go to a directory in order to find the location of the department that you want to go to. In a website, the directory is your navigation menu. Each menu item should be a link to the respective page for that information. Your menu buttons should be labeled clearly so your visitors will know exactly where to go for information.

5. Pages – Do not make your pages too cluttered with images. You should aim for a fast page load because no one wants to wait around for a page to load. Unless you are displaying a photo gallery, avoid putting in a lot images. For the images that you are using, optimized them for the web to keep the file sizes down. If you page loads too slowly, you risk losing your visitor, even though your web page may have good content.

6. Contact Us – Make sure you have a page devoted to contact information. This page should have the name of your company, your address, phone number and email address. You should also consider developing a form where your visitor can fill in to describe the information that he is looking for. When you get emails requesting information, answer them promptly. This visitor has good potential to be converted to a sale.

7. Good Layout – If you have a lot of text, be sure that you have a good layout for it. Divide long blocks of text into shorter paragraphs to make reading easier. Use a font size that is comfortable to the eye. This will improve the reading experience of your visitors.

Good web design will encourage your visitors to come back again. So, spend some time to make your website relevant and attractive, and watch your website traffic increase day by day.

CC: lalasticlala, ishilove, dragnet, honsule, puskin

Source: http://www.mediapaper.net/2015/08/02/7-essential-features-of-a-good-web-design/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by iamsodium(m): 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
5th FTC today
Oommmggg
LadyF is in Trouble!
Follow Iamsodium
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by Aminat508(f): 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
Alright.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by MediaBlog(m): 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
Aminat508:
Alright. really wish to have my blog InshAllahu

Not a Bad Idea Aminat508

CC: lalasticlala, ishilove frontpage
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by ITbomb(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
I use three things to judge a site page.
1. How well does your site / blog appear on Opera mini (both full and stripped down mobile).
If a site loads well on Opera mini, then other advanced browsers would not have a problem.
2. How well does your plug-ins load.
3. How organised and rich is the site

I can optimise your content (good seo) for better Google page ranking eg www.ityunit.com
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by MediaBlog(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
ITbomb:
I use three things to judge a site page.
1. How well does your site / blog appear on Opera mini (both full and stripped down mobile).
If a site loads well on Opera mini, then other advanced browsers would not have a problem.
2. How well does your plug-ins load.
3. How organised and rich is the site

Thanks for adding your tips. It depends on the website optimization!
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by kulobyno: 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Seen
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by AmakaDNB(f): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
OK
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by dig2rsc34: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
Great tips. But in my point of view, website speed is also an important factor to watch. If the website is very slow to load, it’s washout. Makesure, that you don't mess your website pages with unneeded pictures, and hosting from well name servers.

1 Like

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by ladyF(f): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
Very educating....

It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by DrPrickson: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ok
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by Titto93(m): 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
n
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by leksmedia: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
For Creative web design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com

We offer first class web design services, SEO, Social media management

For your web design services in Nigeria visit www.leksmediaconcept.com

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by solid3(m): 1:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
Responsive? No way. It's a waste of time.
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by Horlanreywarjuh(m): 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
Please guyz aw. Can I post. Topics. On dis site and get pple comment on my topics
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by JackOfAllTrades: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
solid3:

Think again
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by lordtech(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ok
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by Mubz(m): 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nice post, love it

Meanwhile if u r a good website developer, sign u now at www.wesabi.com to increase your reach and generated income.
Check my signature, signing up is totally free!

1 Like

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by millionaireman: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
MediaBlog:

Ten years ago, having a website was only thought to be important to businesses. However, nowadays, even students in school are creating their own websites to share with their friends.

Source: http://www.mediapaper.net/2015/08/02/7-essential-features-of-a-good-web-design/

Lol, one APC former state governor in the southwest has just defended his government's usage of N78 million to build and maintain a website. Of course APC choristers on NL shall start to defend the gov.

NgeneUkwenu
Passingshot
oduastates, etc etc etc, APC mouthpiece.

How market?

1 Like

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by damiloladuke: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
very thoughtful...nice information

Change IS HERE
CHECK OUT NIGERIA'S FIRST e-MAGAZINE ON MY SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by soleexx(m): 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thank God my Site got all these quality! I'm greatful to my master

1 Like

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by bummyla(m): 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by johnemeka(m): 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
ok ooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by naijaxplorer: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ok
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by IdJack(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
thanks for the information

1 Like

Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by jaylister(m): 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
www.hygist.com is a good example
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by MediaBlog(m): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
IdJack:
thanks for the information

Welcome IdJack! hope it works.
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by MediaBlog(m): 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
solid3:

I'm sure you have no idea what responsiveness means to website!
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by MediaBlog(m): 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
dig2rsc34:
Great tips. But in my point of view, website speed is also an important factor to watch. If the website is very slow to load, it’s washout. Makesure, that you don't mess your website pages with unneeded pictures, and hosting from well name servers.

thanks for your tips
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by obims(f): 10:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nice post!
For creative and responsive web design, visit www.pgresource.com
www.pgresource.com/index.php/portfolio
Re: 7 Essential Features Of A Good Web Design by jboy01(m): 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
nice post.
for good and responsive web site with those qualities stated by the op, visit www.efikas.com.ng

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site / Find Out The Problems That Can Increase The Risk Of The Higher Bounce Rate / How To Make Pics Uncopyable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.