Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,401 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari (17279 Views)

NIRSAL Guarantees N61.16bn Loans To Agriculture / Ceos Hub Ventures Into Agriculture As It Introduces Ch Farms. / BUHARI: Nigerians Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by maximilian19(m): 9:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
Now i know that Buhari has not been in Nigeria, cos if really he is in this nation for the pass 2years ago, he would have known that Nigeria don't depend on oil as they use to, or he is trying to lie that the pass government neva did anything on agriculture?

Cos i know as of january, our agricutural sector has grown so rapidly and increase our nation reveune until he came in and dumped the agriculture to go for oil, why will he let the nation agriculture to drop.

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by AnanseK(m): 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
makzeze:
Mr President, pls resuscitate the Kano groundnut pyramid.

Encourage palm oil and cocoa production in the south.

Encourage production of kola nut in the south west for export to Middle east, cos they chop a lot of kolanut there.

I Agree with you but where did you get the wrong notion that kola nut is chewed by Middle East populations?
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by allanphash7(m): 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2015
Naked boy do u know me

Just asking

Why did u hate baba?
Ufranklin92:

Always looking for trouble,can you go a day without this rubbish
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by makzeze: 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
AnanseK:

I Agree with you but where did you get the wrong notion that kola nut is chewed by Middle East populations?
ask people going for Hajj, then you will understand what I mean, People take kolanut to saudi arabia and get a lot of money in return. the arabs like it so much.

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
Can we also come up with something more high tech than farming? I support farming to feed our population, but as a foreign exchange earner, farming is like so 1950s... I am thinking along the lines of Manufacture of Automobiles, Machine parts, Electronics, Chemicals etc...

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by Lakeland4321: 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
Faculty14:
Former minister of agriculture should be recalled and retained.he helped revive the agricultural sector

My thoughts tho
he cant, he's now the President of Africa Development Bank

2 Likes

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by Ufranklin92(m): 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
allanphash7:
Naked boy do u know me

Just asking

Why did u hate baba?
$
Who mentioned buhari here
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by 1vid(m): 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
This is just a way to lute our money oooooooo, so that all our agricultural allocation wil be channels to Buhari farm abi? This will not work ooooooooo
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
The dullard is always thinking backward. Instead of creating economy based on manufacturing he is talking about cattle rearing, crops cultivation, etc. Primitive president indeed! angry lipsrsealed cry

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by anzaku47(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
I support.Back to land Agric for life
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by shizzy7(f): 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
4Play:

Perhaps, but you don't need independent auditors to know that those figures such as the $20bn claim defied logic and the most rudimentry test of plausibility. They were trotted out for their shock value at the time. It is why I made this comment a couple of months:

https://www.nairaland.com/2280767/missing-20-billion-what-sanusi#33172866

Does anyone seriously believe that such a sizeable amount of money is out there and we are having all these talk of belt tightening and going back to agriculture?
Definitely they can't get $20b back...I guess you're saying that kind of amount of money can't be missing.. but I think if they are truthful about the audit they would find something and probably get some money.. One thing about those looted funds is that a sizeable amount goes into foreign banks & properties... but really we need to go back to agric. at least it will limit some of the things we import.. and could be another source of revenue to the govt. if we can export some farm produce.. A huge percent of our revenue is from oil which is wrong..,,,
The audit is not just for the $20b but also for other departments..
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by sparkwil(m): 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
This is long overdue
Enof with d milking of d 5%
Let d 95% stop being parasites

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by Brightology2(m): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mr man leave jona alone,he is no longer on power face d dullard 4rm duara.
Crocz:
Bad stuffs been happening since the time of "Jonah the Clueless" but Baba will fix it!

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
maximilian19:
Now i know that Buhari has not been in Nigeria, cos if really he is in this nation for the pass 2years ago, he would have known that Nigeria don't depend on oil as they use to, or he is trying to lie that the pass government neva did anything on agriculture?

Cos i know as of january, our agricutural sector has grown so rapidly and increase our nation reveune until he came in and dumped the agriculture to go for oil, why will he let the nation agriculture to drop.

Yes....agric is growing....but we are still 80% dependent on oil. (in 1970 it was 26%).
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by InvertedHammer: 11:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
4Play:

There is an angle that Nigerians, not to my surprise, are not examining. Remember that we heard and continue to hear about fantastical sums of money stolen by the GEJ government including, most famously from Sanusi, $20bn in an 18 month period. Think seriously about this, if GEJ's officials managed to steal such gigantic sums on a regular basis, then the change in government to a purpotedly honest regime should more than offset the fall in oil prices. To keep hearing that Nigeria's financial position remains in dire straits suggests either the new regime is no better than the old one, or that a lot of those looted sums trotted out were false.
/
Which part don't you understand?
The new regime is only 2 months old.
Whatever accrued to the coffers of the nation was looted under the watch of the past administration. A lot of money was earned but NNPC was a government in itself while GEJ remained docile. Nigeria earned a lot of money but the funds are in private accounts all over the world. The government has to find the funds and repatriate it back to.Nigeria for effective running of the nation. The money belongs to.all and not to GEJ and his minions.

This has nothing to do with party affiliation.
/

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by mmsen: 11:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
Crocz:
Bad stuffs been happening since the time of "Jonah the Clueless" but Baba will fix it!

There were no presidents before him?

You've already forgotten about Babangida? Abacha? Obasanjo?

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by mmsen: 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
Faculty14:
Former minister of agriculture should be recalled and retained.he helped revive the agricultural sector

My thoughts tho

Unfortunately for Nigeria that great man has gone onto bigger and better things with the African Development Bank.

Fortunately for the nation Nigeria has many brilliant minds, it's just a questions of finding them and placing them in the positions in which their ability can shine.

3 Likes

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by mmsen: 11:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
Food security is a social necessity.

There is not excuse for the amount of food that Nigeria imports.

All that good arable farm going to waste, especially in the north where they cry about poverty day and night.
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 08, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
GEJ started it
gbam!

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by persius555(m): 4:45am On Aug 08, 2015
Faculty14:

My thoughts tho
Seconded. That guy is an agricultural genius. PMB should start with our university graduates. Those in the agric discipline,grant soft loans to those who have passion for agric, use technology to enhance the sector. Lastly and most importantly, keep the commercial banks and politicians far away from agricultural loans. Create micro agricultural banks that would be solely agriculture based in rural areas and local govts to aid subsistence farmers.

2 Likes

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by felifeli: 5:25am On Aug 08, 2015
This one too.
Oga we no want story. Get to work
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by tsdarkside(m): 5:55am On Aug 08, 2015
Crocz:

the "clueless one".............jonathan will be remembered in nigerian history as the "clueless one"...but,i still liked his swag.....i liked his dressing alot....otuoke clown.............
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by kilokeys(m): 6:10am On Aug 08, 2015
So that Agricultural Engineering grads like us can have some prestige
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by bigiyaro(m): 7:02am On Aug 08, 2015
baba no shout too much, dem no dey tell deaf man say market dey burn.
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by Yeecar(m): 8:02am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by Tayomi37(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2015
if l may ask: how may rural area developed, motorable, electified. Many governors busy building bridge( whre there is no river) in the city. How many of our youth can live in the village that lack these amenities if i may ask
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by ThunderingHooves: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2015
Am shocked at Nigerians attitude to Agriculture! I mean really shell shocked! Where do people get the imprEssion that industries operate in mutual exclusivity. Have the nay sayers taken into account how the banking system in countries with good agriculture sectors are intimately intertwined with agriculture.what about a new avenue for IT innovations? What of food processing industries? Sorry but anyone who thinks that any industries are independent of a strong agriculture sector is DAY DREAMING.

1 Like

Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by engrjacuzzi: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
revive the rail sector for the Nigerian economy. we are still far behind south Africa and even our neighboring countries like Ghana n Cameroon have gone far. we are still very far behind technology wise. NRC can employ 3,000 workers or more if the government funds the sector.
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by eedriyz(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
GEJ started it

Started what? The distribution of phones to Farmers? CRAP
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by bukster(f): 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Nigeria should forget about going back to Agric.

Nigeria should focus instead on industrial development. Agric won't earn us much cash. And we do not even have the large scale mechanised farms that are needed to be a big time agric producer(5% of Nigeria's agric production is done in large scale farms.).

Nigeria needs to be able to feed it's own population and lessen the reliance on foreign imports.
I agree with you that industrialization is more important and brings in more money but that takes time. If we want to start building factories to produce goods, we need to have stable electricity. Until we have that, industrial factories would be too expensive to maintain.
Re: We Must Go Back To Agriculture As Oil Revenue Shrinks - Buhari by kane33: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2015
Na wa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Acquires 500hectares Of Land For Farm Estate / Pineapple Suckers For Sale (sugar-loaf Variety) / Problems Of Agriculture In Nigeria And Possible Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.