Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

9 Principles Of Resourcefulness!!!!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 9 Principles Of Resourcefulness!!!!!! (692 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional September 27, 2017 - Principles, Not Tears / 7 Principles Of Eagles That We Need To Learn To Succeed / Principles Of Answered Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Principles Of Resourcefulness!!!!!! by Solomon19(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
To me, resourcefulness is a priceless quality. Not only does resourcefulness save my family money, but it saves stress, anxiety and waste. A resourceful person is a blessing to any home.

Here are 9 principles of resourcefulness that I live by that I hope can help you too!:

1).You (most likely) already have everything you need. Before I really started meditating on resourcefulness and the endless provision of God, I always had a constant sense of wanting and not having enough. In my opinion, the stress of striving for more is a totally suffocating feeling that can choke all joy out of your day. Once I put this aside I found a lot more peace in my day.
2).Fight the temptation to compare yourself to others (or even to your circumstances in the past). Social media is a huge feeder of this temptation. I went off of all social media in the first few months of my daughter’s life so that I could focus everything on her. This was a life-changing experience. You don’t realize how much social media subtly controls you until you fast from it! I definitely recommend a social media fast if you want to become a more content and resourceful person! Social media somehow breed comparison. The other weird thing is that we sometimes have the temptation to compare ourselves to how we living in a stage in the past. For example, in high school I waitressed at a sportsbar and made tons of cash each week. Therefore, I was able to afford luxuries such as weekly trips to the nail salon and rarely wearing clothing more than once. This was obviously, in retrospect, ridiculous, but sometimes I find myself missing the days when I could spend hours shopping at the mall every week. Now-a-days, I rarely sport a new item of clothing. So I have had to guard myself from comparing my lifestyle now to my lifestyle in the past. Now is SO much better in every other way!
3).Be grateful for what you have. My lack of contentment usually starts in the morning in my closet. I think about a clothing item that I don’t have that I wish I did. So starts the attitude of ungratefulness that can fester throughout the rest of the day. The remedy to this is to start naming things that you are grateful for…even really small things. Peace will almost immediately come over. Then, replace your attitude of ungratefulness with this next attitude:
4).Trust that you have everything that you need. This is very difficult sometimes. But next time you feel like you “need” to run to the store to get an ingredient or some medicine or something, stop and think first. What solution could you have already in your stores? There are even replacements for eggs, butter, sugar (the “essentials”). There is currently a baking trend of using olive oil instead of butter, in fact, and it is really good! All out of tylenol? Why don’t you google some natural ways to solve a headache. It is fun to experiment! Maybe all you need is two giant glasses of water, a cup of herbal tea and a hot bath with epson salts. I’m telling you…you may find it hard to believe, but you already have everything you need. *This principle really is the key to all of the others. Once you have this mindset, everything else will be able to fall in to place.
5).Think creatively. Have fun thinking of creative solutions to your problems. It’s fun! I promise! Example: For a new project of mine I was trying to figure out how to paint all sides and bottom of a bullet shell. I could not figure out how I was going to do this! Little did I know that the solution was in the box of the bullet shells themselves! The shells were perched in a styrofoam strip, so all I had to do was push toothpicks in to the foam, place the shells on the toothpick, and viola!
6).Have an open mind. This is particularly hard for perfectionists and/or people who are impatient (oh…like me!). Sometimes things won’t turn out how you imagined/planned: they will turn out even better! A perfect example of this is when I was planning my wedding! For more information read this post on how God provided for us during this time.
7).Take your time. Sometimes I have to pray for a solution and then walk away from the task at hand. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time for the solution to come, but when I do I am glad that I waited and didn’t run to the store for a quick-fix.
cool.You already have everything you need to totally redecorate your home! This one may sound crazy, but it is the most fun to apply! Whenever I want to freshen up our home or redecorate, I apply this one. To redecorate I will move art around, switch table linens, try a new combination of bed-linens and pillows, move furniture, and make new decor items with things I already have!
a).For example, I needed a place to keep our keys, so I made this key holder from a basket that we had and some of the gold spray-painted keys from our wedding! I used a ribbon that come on one of our wedding gifts. I save almost all such ribbons! Which brings me to my next point…
9).Keep everything that is sturdy and shows some craft potential. I realize that this advice could fall in to the wrong hands, but I really believe in it! I have a little set of drawers in which I put things that may be useful for future projects! Sometimes it is a year until I get around to using it, but I never regret keeping things!
a).For example, a shrunk a really nice sweater from Ireland. I was bummed, but I held on to it. It has now been repurposed and serves as my Christmas tree skirt! And it is super cute!
b).Everything for sale in my Etsy store is made from repurposed materials! I find inspiration in repurposing things! I love thinking of the possibilities for items that I don’t want to end up in the landfill!

your boy;solomon19
Re: 9 Principles Of Resourcefulness!!!!!! by ladyF(f): 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
Yh

Count your blessing, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Social Network For Nigerian University Students / Man Re-arraigned For Defiling 9year-old In Court Premises Not A Lawyer - Picture / THROW BACK PICTURES.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.