Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Certain Rules For Staying With People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Certain Rules For Staying With People (870 Views)

“my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / Will You Continue Staying With This Man As Your Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Certain Rules For Staying With People by Cutehector(m): 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
I think there are certain rules people should follow when putting up/ staying/ squatting with a family...especially if you are over 18. These rules include:

Let them know why you need a place to stay and for how long

Respect their house. Even when they say "please feel free, its your house too"...show some respect. Do not do things like leaving electronics on and going to bed, blaring music at full blast even when you know no one wants to listen to the music and wearing boxers and pant and bra or walking around with towels
Trust me, not everyone finds it sexy.

Limit the number of visitors that come to see you. Especially members of the opposite sex

If you are going to be late or going for a few days, let them know of your plans. it is not nice leaving them guessing whether you are coming home or not

Stop whining about food. If you dont like what they cook or they dont always cook, get your own food! They dont owe you anything

Be useful around the house. Always clean up after you. The fact that there is a maid in the house is not license to be lazy.

Have boundaries. Dont take what does not belong to you without asking. Dont barge into rooms without knocking

Always say thank you...a thankless person is never satisfied. Always complaining and asking for more

Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by sluk(m): 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
k
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by obontami: 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
Cutehector:
I think there are certain rules people should follow when putting up/ staying/ squatting with a family...especially if you are over 18. These rules include:

Let them know why you need a place to stay and for how long

Respect their house. Even when they say "please feel free, its your house too"...show some respect. Do not do things like leaving electronics on and going to bed, blaring music at full blast even when you know no one wants to listen to the music and wearing boxers and pant and bra or walking around with towels
Trust me, not everyone finds it sexy.

Limit the number of visitors that come to see you. Especially members of the opposite sex

If you are going to be late or going for a few days, let them know of your plans. it is not nice leaving them guessing whether you are coming home or not

Stop whining about food. If you dont like what they cook or they dont always cook, get your own food! They dont owe you anything

Be useful around the house. Always clean up after you. The fact that there is a maid in the house is not license to be lazy.

Have boundaries. Dont take what does not belong to you without asking. Dont barge into rooms without knocking

Always say thank you...a thankless person is never satisfied. Always complaining and asking for more

and if you wanna fccck pls go and lodge in a hotel, dont fccck in a place u are squating, okay??
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by Gurgle(f): 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Certain Rules For Staying With People by dangerous01(m): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
Cute hector be observing things since d days of prophet elijah

(1) (Reply)

The Married Bachelor / To All Mothers!!!! URGENT / What Do You Call This Exercise? Rough Play Or...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.