Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church (34004 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by XavierBlue(m): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2015
Back in the early 1990's when Christianity was dominating others forms of religion, a lot of people flock to church. But those numbers seems to reduce over the years. The reasons are put below, though some are assertions.

1. CHURCH ARE FULL OF HYPOCRITE.

No need to debate on this fact as its all clear and decipherable. Perhaps, even in-eradicable. We all say one thing and do the other, we all criticize people and still turn around to indulge in the same acts we were vehemently against. The church is full of this set of people, thus making people lack the desire to go to church. Yes.. I am an hypocrite, but with all due respect, you are also an hypocrite.

2. THE CHURCH IS BORING.

You could chose to debate on this. Since when was the church meant to be entertaining?. Well! The church has witness a dramaticall change over the years, and to some people, this assertion is true.

3. THE CHURCH IS EXCLUSIVE.

The church has an exclusive message, which is for everyone. The thing is, every one knows the message, "jesus brings salvation" etc. So why bothering going to church to hear a repetition of it?. This is also one of the reason why people stay back from church, to them, they know the message the bible and church is relaying.

4. THERE DON'T HAVE TIME.

This is undoubtedly any major point. Simple, they don't have the time or are two busy. People who are on work shift during the weekend also fall into this category. This is priority issue, but a valid reason nonetheless.

5. THEY DON'T HAVE CLOTHES.

Though this shouldn't be an excuse for Christians to stay back from church as they worship the Lord and not men, it is a reason why some people stay back from church.
I know of a church that laughs sadornically at members that repeat clothes and attire. The act alone is appaling. Instead of being laughed at, some people choose to stay at home and avert such mortification.

6. LIFE IS BETTER WITHOUT RELIGION.

This is an assertion but With that perspective, people tend to neglect church since its the "pillar" of religion. Going by the norms and commandments of the church by being a Christian are hectic for others. For me, i don't care much about religion but a better relationship with God. Some people that neglect church also hold to this assertion.

7.THE CHURCH WANT YOUR MONEY.

This is undoubtedly another congent reason. If you go to a church that talks more about offering and ransom than sermon, you'd found this a valid point. Maybe the church is faced with financial difficulties.
I think The Leaders should do more about praying and trusting, for God will provide.
However, am ain't advocating that members shouldnt give to the church but It appalling for leaders to "CHALLENGE" members into giving, it should be a thing of the mind.

If you have a different perception of the amazing nature of the God who created you, you should find ways to reorganize your priorities around such a wonderful God.

Written by moi.
Lalasticlala.

Xavierblue

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 09, 2015
1 and 7

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Dekatron(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2015
When my battery is full, i sleep at home.

Why do i need to go to church?

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by XavierBlue(m): 11:30am On Aug 09, 2015
Dekatron:

so you go to church to charge your battery? cheesy

XavierBlue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Dekatron(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2015
XavierBlue:
so you go to church to charge your battery? cheesy

XavierBlue

is it bad? After all, i pay offering

i cant lose cash nd still carry a dead phone/system

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by menesheh(m): 11:33am On Aug 09, 2015
You forgot to add the most important :

Church leaders don't lead by example. People are getting frustrated due to high level of sexual abuse, scam, silly politicking in the church and other sorts of hideous vices committed in the name of god. Catholic priests score the highest point in those naughty, wicked, morally reprehensible misbehaviors.

And Christianity encourages and support immoral acts like slavery, child abuse, rape, irrationality, bigotry, prejudice, racism and numerous evils.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by XavierBlue(m): 11:49am On Aug 09, 2015
Dekatron:
is it bad? After all, i pay offering

i cant lose cash nd still carry a dead phone/system
abi? Me na to go check out coded babescheesy. May God forgive us mecheesy

XavierBlue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by XavierBlue(m): 11:50am On Aug 09, 2015
menesheh:
wink
are you guilty?

XavierBlue
Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Teeboy22(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by menesheh(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2015
XavierBlue:
are you guilty?

XavierBlue

Broo chill, can't one book space at least once in a blue moon? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by kristen12(f): 11:58am On Aug 09, 2015
If you look at the behavior of some members and pastors of the church you won't go to church at all and not going might deprive you of the blessings of God.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves
together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting
one another: and so much the more, as ye see the
day approaching.

12 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Dekatron(m): 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
XavierBlue:
abi? Me na to go check out coded babescheesy. May God forgive us mecheesy

XavierBlue

that reminds me : HOW A BABE FIMI PA AT A CHURCH I WENT FOR THE FIRST TIME. . . U wan hear?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by XavierBlue(m): 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
Dekatron:

that reminds me : HOW A BABE FIMI PA AT A CHURCH I WENT FOR THE FIRST TIME. . . U wan hear?
we will be derailing if you elaborate the story here... Ill mention you in romance derailers paradise wink

XavierBlue
Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by TheFilmmaker: 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
[size=15pt]The Church needs your money![/size]

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Xwaggzdude: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
XavierBlue:
Back in the early 1990's when Christianity was dominating others forms of religion, a lot of people flock to church. But those numbers seems to reduce over the years. The reasons are put below, though some are assertions.

No need to debate on this fact as its all clear and decipherable. Perhaps, even in-eradicable. We all say one thing and do the other, we all criticize people and still turn around to indulge in the same acts we were vehemently against. The church is full of this set of people, thus making people lack the desire to go to church. Yes.. I am an hypocrite, but with all due respect, you are also an hypocrite.

2. THE CHURCH IS BORING.

You could chose to debate on this. Since when was the church meant to be entertaining?. Well! The church has witness a dramaticall change over the years, and to some people, this assertion is true.

The church has an exclusive message, which is for everyone. The thing is, every one knows the message, "jesus brings salvation" etc. So why bothering going to church to hear a repetition of it?. This is also one of the reason why people stay back from church, to them, they know the message the bible and church is relaying.

This is undoubtedly any major point. Simple, they don't have the time or are two busy. People who are on work shift during the weekend also fall into this category. This is priority issue, but a valid reason nonetheless.

Though this shouldn't be an excuse for Christians to stay back from church as they worship the Lord and not men, it is a reason why some people stay back from church.
I know of a church that laughs sadornically at members that repeat clothes and attire. The act alone is appaling. Instead of being laughed at, some people choose to stay at home and avert such mortification.

This is an assertion but With that perspective, people tend to neglect church since its the "pillar" of religion. Going by the norms and commandments of the church by being a Christian are hectic for others. For me, i don't care much about religion but a better relationship with God. Some people that neglect church also hold to this assertion.

This is undoubtedly another congent reason. If you go to a church that talks more about offering and ransom than sermon, you'd found this a valid point. Maybe the church is faced with financial difficulties.
I think The Leaders should do more about praying and trusting, for God will provide.
However, am ain't advocating that members shouldnt give to the church but It appalling for leaders to "CHALLENGE" members into giving, it should be a thing of the mind.

If you have a different perception of the amazing nature of the God who created you, you should find ways to reorganize your priorities around such a wonderful God.

Written by moi.
Lalasticlala.

Xavierblue
good point.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by iContribute: 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
XavierBlue:

2. THE CHURCH IS BORING.

Written by moi.
Lalasticlala.

Xavierblue

Very valid points but not enough for people not to attend church.
Does it mean because schools, including higher institutions of learning are flooded with all manner of people from different backgrounds which makes them dangerous and unsafe mean that people should have stopped going there to learn? Or because your place of work is full of weird people that make you sad should be enough reason for you not to go and make your daily bread? We all know politics is dangerous but people still pursue positions even well practlng born gain christians.

My point is, there are no reasons strong enough for anyone not to attend church, just go there and focus on what you are there for and who you are there to serve. God is moved by intentions and he will surely bless you (Jeremiah 17:10).

24 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Dekatron:

Chineke.

What a horrible thing to say grin

7 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2015
Some e-diots will still have to quote the OP's long write-up just to pass their own message across . E-diots everywhere. angry

15 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by buoye1(m): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2015
Funny though but it's their lifes, so e no concern me....

I'm going to church because of so many reasons....

I feel indebted to my God

It's commanded of me not to forsake the gathering of the saints

I need to feed my soul with the bread of life (word of God)

In his presence, there's fullness of joy

And so on.

Lemme bathe and go to church

Happy Sunday guys

25 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by kulobyno: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2015
Ok
Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Viktor1983(m): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2015
Huh ..
1,6 and 7 sha.....

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 16, 2015
.sometimes you just don't feel like going sad like today now, i dnt have no excuse but i dnt feel like jare

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by DankemzI(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2015
I'll start going to church,... When weed is shared
Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by initialize(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2015
1) #5,000 no reach for offering in my church, The time spent on offering, fund raising and tithes collection is about 70 - 80% of the entire service duration.

2) They still make reference to old testament at this internet age when everything is entirely different. Now there's cellphones, Pastor reads verse from iPad, females flaunts clevages, artficial hair, wears mini skirt and high hills.

Yet they still quote verses from the old testament were people trekked from Egypt to Isreal but the Bishop flies Private Jet from Ota to Abuja. Smh!

So much emphasis on offering. Damn!!

angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Tee999: 8:17am On Aug 16, 2015
Ok
Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by natureblack(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2015
Funny how people believe in an unprovable,mythical,bronze-age cult book full of silly stories,characters and some fatal flaws in logic.

#risible undecided

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 16, 2015
iContribute:

Very valid points but not enough for people not to attend church.
Does it mean because schools, including higher institutions of learning are flooded with all manner of people from different backgrounds which makes them dangerous and unsafe mean that people should have stopped going there to learn? Or because your place of work is full of weird people that make you sad should be enough reason for you not to go and make your daily bread? We all know politics is dangerous but people still pursue positions even well practlng born gain christians.

My point is, there are no reasons strong enough for anyone not to attend church, just go there and focus on what you are there for and who you are there to serve. God is moved by intentions and he will surely bless you (Jeremiah 17:10).

Tnk you. But y I u not in church

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 16, 2015
He who understands WHY will bear any HOW!
Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by ihatebuhari(f): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2015
Only foolish and doomed people don't go to church.

God is Christianity
Jesus Christ is God

6 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Thebrightest(m): 8:22am On Aug 16, 2015
WE ARE ATHEISTS.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church by Flashh: 8:22am On Aug 16, 2015
classicB:
.sometimes you just don't feel like going sad like today now, i dnt have no excuse but i dnt feel like jare

But you will never have this feeling if a guy tells you he wanna take you out for shopping this morning.

I'm very sure you would have dressed up and start asking him "where are you I'm waiting"?

ihatebuhari:
Only foolish and doomed people don't go to church.

God is Christianity
Jesus Christ is God
From a moniker that says "IhateBuhari".

Who knows if you haven't gone to church this year... Keep preaching nonsense.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos Is World's Richest Man & He Doesn't Tithe"- Daddy Freeze / Overcoming Youthful Sexual Lusts / I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.